Comfort Inn Paradise Island -Covid

mattR

Has anyone recently done the book a room at the Comfort Inn to gain access to the Atlantis Waterpark recently?  I have a room booked hoping to get some day passes directly from Atlantis but they don't have them for sale past Dec 31/21 yet.  Looks like we may have to show a negative Covid test no older then 5 days as a hotel guest?  Just looking for some current info on how things are working with this scenario. 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:57 PM, mattR said:

Has anyone recently done the book a room at the Comfort Inn to gain access to the Atlantis Waterpark recently?  I have a room booked hoping to get some day passes directly from Atlantis but they don't have them for sale past Dec 31/21 yet.  Looks like we may have to show a negative Covid test no older then 5 days as a hotel guest?  Just looking for some current info on how things are working with this scenario. 

Unfortunately Comfort Suites now requires a two-night stay before you can get free access to Atlantis, so that particular (and awesome) cruise perk no longer works. 

You should go ahead and cancel your room at the Comfort Suites and then purchase day passes from Atlantis, which we did during our cruise back in October.  We were asked to show proof of vaccination and a photo ID before we got our Aquaventure wristbands at the Royal Tower lobby desk.  

I flew to Nassau and stayed at the Comfort Suites 4 nights about two weeks and it was nice to enjoy Atlantis Aquaventure and other  things (like snuba through Atlantis/Stuart's Cove) without being rushed during a port-day.  I got an airfare/hotel package deal from an online travel site for less than $1,100 that I couldn't say "no" to....  Happily it seemed like everything at Aquaventure was open; all slides, etc.  It's great to experience but they REALLY need to expand and build some new attractions; very little has changed in the last 7 years.  

19 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Unfortunately Comfort Suites now requires a two-night stay before you can get free access to Atlantis, so that particular (and awesome) cruise perk no longer works. 

The website sates "Same day 1 night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities. Advanced booking is required."  I took that as you couldn't book a room that day and get tickets but if you prebooked the room you still could.  Am I miss reading this?

Atlantis isn't selling day passes yet for 2022

On 11/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, mattR said:

The website sates "Same day 1 night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities. Advanced booking is required."  I took that as you couldn't book a room that day and get tickets but if you prebooked the room you still could.  Am I miss reading this?

Nope, I did. 🙂  

I just called the hotel to confirm and I was told that YES, you CAN book a room in advance and still get Atlantis amenities as before.   As you suspected, she told me that if I were booking a room for today, it would not be valid.   

It was around $40 per person to add people to your reservation, so for a group of four it would be: 

regular room rate + resort/utility/housekeeping fees (if assessed)  + $120, potentially saving hundreds.  

Nice to see that one of the best cruise-travel hacks in the Caribbean is still available!....and I wish I could edit my prior comments accordingly. 

So for your cruise @mattR, you should not have to worry about getting those day-passes at all.  Keep your Comfort Suites reservation, high-tail it over to the hotel when you dock and get your sacred pink cards.  

You'll need to show them at least once to get into Atlantis proper; there was a new checkpoint at the foot of the hill from the Coral Tower and close to Comfort Suites.  As of a few weeks ago you'll go to the Aquaventure kiosk on the lower level of the Royal Towers lobby to get your wristbands. 

If you'd like any additional info, just let me know.  It's the kind of place where you really NEED to know where to go. 

Edited by Pellaz
added section

On 11/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, mattR said:

Thanks so much for making the call 🙂   I have it booked for the 3 of us right now it's $505 so hopefully I can get a better rate?  Thanks for the info!!

That seems a bit high.  I usually book through, uh, "WarmCable" and get hotel + airfare as a package.  Normally the rate I see for CSPI is around $150-200 per night...although that might be a low-season rate for my usual November trips.  

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

That seems a bit high.  I usually book through, uh, "WarmCable" and get hotel + airfare as a package.  Normally the rate I see for CSPI is around $150-200 per night...although that might be a low-season rate for my usual November trips.  

We’ve booked though CS before, the additional fees really add up. We’ve also booked through the cruise line when the total for CS was actually high than an excursion.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:05 AM, mjkacmom said:

We’ve booked though CS before, the additional fees really add up. We’ve also booked through the cruise line when the total for CS was actually high than an excursion.

Those additional fees are the reason I book through, uhh, that site I mentioned.  Their final price is THE final price and includes any additional "junk fees" the hotel charges.  

If I want to go January 15 to Atlantis do I book the night of the 15th?  How early can I arrive at Comfort Suites to get my Atlantis passes?

How best to get there from the port, we will be on Royal?

I actually stayed at the CS a few years back and it was great.  

4 hours ago, Jen1000 said:

If I want to go January 15 to Atlantis do I book the night of the 15th?  How early can I arrive at Comfort Suites to get my Atlantis passes?

Yes the 15th, take a cab, we got off of the ship as early as we could.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Pellaz said:

Nope, I did. 🙂  

I just called the hotel to confirm and I was told that YES, you CAN book a room in advance and still get Atlantis amenities as before.   As you suspected, she told me that if I were booking a room for today, it would not be valid.   

It was around $40 per person to add people to your reservation, so for a group of four it would be: 

regular room rate + resort/utility/housekeeping fees (if assessed)  + $120, potentially saving hundreds.  

Nice to see that one of the best cruise-travel hacks in the Caribbean is still available!....and I wish I could edit my prior comments accordingly. 

So for your cruise @mattR, you should not have to worry about getting those day-passes at all.  Keep your Comfort Suites reservation, high-tail it over to the hotel when you dock and get your sacred pink cards.  

You'll need to show them at least once to get into Atlantis proper; there was a new checkpoint at the foot of the hill from the Coral Tower and close to Comfort Suites.  As of a few weeks ago you'll go to the Aquaventure kiosk on the lower level of the Royal Towers lobby to get your wristbands. 

If you'd like any additional info, just let me know.  It's the kind of place where you really NEED to know where to go. 

This is great info, thanks @Pellaz  Do you know if you can access aquaventure "early" - in other words, we arrive in port at 9AM, but hoping that we can get access to aquaventure before the formal check-in time of 3PM?

On 12/6/2021 at 3:45 AM, Jen1000 said:

@Jen1000 would be interested in any feedback you have on your experience.  How early were you able to access aquaventure?

5 hours ago, mjayp said:

This is great info, thanks @Pellaz  Do you know if you can access aquaventure "early" - in other words, we arrive in port at 9AM, but hoping that we can get access to aquaventure before the formal check-in time of 3PM?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Obviously not needing the room, but can you get your credentials as soon as you arrive and head over to Atlantis?

5 hours ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Obviously not needing the room, but can you get your credentials as soon as you arrive and head over to Atlantis?

Yes.  They are very accommodating.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjayp said:

Yes indeed.  They are used to this procedure.  As soon as you arrive by taxi you can get your pink cards; then you walk over to Atlantis (probably to the Royal Tower lobby, but DO ask and make sure) and get your wristbands.  

• Like 3

Thanks for the all the helpful information. I have a question, my family had to split into two cruise ships (RCI closed the booking for the ship), so the first person arrives in Nassau one day (say July 4th) before the rest of the family (July 5th). If we book CS for the night of July 4th night for the first person to check in, the rest can arrive before check out. Would we get access to Atlantis for both days? Thanks.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:37 PM, Pellaz said:

Yes indeed.  They are used to this procedure.  As soon as you arrive by taxi you can get your pink cards; then you walk over to Atlantis (probably to the Royal Tower lobby, but DO ask and make sure) and get your wristbands.  

Does each of you get a pink card? Does the hotel register all the guests?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, SophiaShi said:

Does each of you get a pink card? Does the hotel register all the guests?

The hotel will issue a pink card for each paid person on the room reservation, including kids AFAIK.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:17 PM, mjayp said:

Let me add that the Mayan Temple part of Aquaventure opens at 10 am, and the Power Tower side (farther away from the Coral Tower entrance) opens at around 11 am, but you may be able to get into the Rapids River ('the Current") a bit before 11. 

The tube slides on the Power Tower are probably the most thrilling slides in the waterpark...but you must acquire a tube in the Rapids River before going there.   

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to see if this still works. I'm planning on being there in feburary and just want to make sure that if I book a room to check-in on the day we are on the island will I be able to get my day passes well before the 3pm check-in? thanks....

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, ldog122 said:

Just wanted to see if this still works. I'm planning on being there in feburary and just want to make sure that if I book a room to check-in on the day we are on the island will I be able to get my day passes well before the 3pm check-in? thanks....

I believe it does, however I was also looking at booking it in FEB, and looks like 1 night is around $400 after taxes and fees... Idk if its worth the hassle for just me and my daughter.

1 hour ago, lewper said:

I believe it does, however I was also looking at booking it in FEB, and looks like 1 night is around $400 after taxes and fees... Idk if its worth the hassle for just me and my daughter.

A day pass would probably cost less (we’ve done CS and booked through the ship, it’s always worth it to check out all of the options).