Is UK NHS App Travel COVID Pass accepted by Azamara

Grandma Cruising

I’ve seen a discussion on another social media site suggesting that Azamara doesn’t accept the NHS COVID Travel pass as proof of vaccination and is asking to see UK travellers vaccination cards (which not everyone received). Can any UK travellers who have sailed on the first few Azamara cruises please comment.

We had downloaded the print out from our NHS Scotland record and that was accepted without question.  They were not asking to see cards, given that with the travel pass now you just click on it to show the dates of your vaccine, I think the other place wherever it is has the wrong end of the stick.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

We used our NHS Covid vaccination QR code (albeit with the QR code loaded on the French app - but only because it only takes a couple of clicks to get to the visual whereas the NHS app needs way more). So absolutely - I would also put it in Apple wallet - if you have an iPhone and you could print it out as a back up! 

I

Travel Documentation Checklist 

• Passport books (not cards) are required. Passports must have a validity of at least six months after the sailing's return date to sail with Azamara.
  • A COVID-19 vaccination record card for all guests 12 years and older. As of March 1st, all guests must show original proof of vaccination. Digital proof of vaccination will not be accepted to board the ship.
  • At this time, all air passengers ages 2 or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must show a negative result of a COVID-19 viral test before they board a flight to the United States

just received this from Azamara for my upcoming B2B Cruise .

17 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

I

Travel Documentation Checklist 

• Passport books (not cards) are required. Passports must have a validity of at least six months after the sailing's return date to sail with Azamara.
  • A COVID-19 vaccination record card for all guests 12 years and older. As of March 1st, all guests must show original proof of vaccination. Digital proof of vaccination will not be accepted to board the ship.
  • At this time, all air passengers ages 2 or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must show a negative result of a COVID-19 viral test before they board a flight to the United States

just received this from Azamara for my upcoming B2B Cruise .

Interesting and certainly a change - you can screenshot your record from the app that shows dates doses etc and print it. Alternatively call Azamara UK for clarification as the UK record is not a QR code so the dates of vaccination can be fully verified. 

That's definitely a big change!!!

Could it be for US boarding where there is no consistency for digital proof of vaccination - I am not sure where I have put my original card as I use the digital app frequently (needed for bars and restaurants in Europe). Perhaps a download from the NHS app which has the data printed on it too!

uktog - we were simultaneous thinking the same things!

31 minutes ago, Kitekat said:

That's definitely a big change!!!

Could it be for US boarding where there is no consistency for digital proof of vaccination - I am not sure where I have put my original card as I use the digital app frequently (needed for bars and restaurants in Europe). Perhaps a download from the NHS app which has the data printed on it too!

uktog - we were simultaneous thinking the same things!

Many people in Scotland - us included- were not issued with cards full stop as the view was they were too open to forgery

I tracked down my original card and have put it with my booster. But they would be very easy to forge - a bit of card in the printer and some fun with graphics. We did contemplate having them laminated but then the NHS app came along and the downloads so never bothered. Perhaps we ought to think again...

21 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve seen a discussion on another social media site suggesting that Azamara doesn’t accept the NHS COVID Travel pass as proof of vaccination and is asking to see UK travellers vaccination cards (which not everyone received). Can any UK travellers who have sailed on the first few Azamara cruises please comment.

Denise, we have just returned from 10 nights on board Quest. Azamara had no issue with the NHS proof of vaccination App.

By the time we returned home we were QR coded out! They were NHS vaccination, Spanish PLF, Azamara acceptance of vaccination, UK PLF and I've probably missed one.

My biggest gripe was doing the UK PLF whilst on the ships Wi-Fi, it took an hour to complete, and only when checking in at the BA desk in Lisbon was it checked, so by the time we returned home via three airports (Lisbon, LHR and Belfast City) that was the only time we had to show any Covid documentation.

By comparison a fellow passenger on board from Dublin completed the Irish PLF in 2 minute.

• Like 1

I agree the UK PLF is a nightmare, on our Greek Islands cruise you had to enter every island separately.  I did it in port using my data and to be fair the issue isn't entirely the fault of the ships wifi, it was a slow pain even on 4G.  The form is designed for those who go for a trip to one place not us more adventurous travellers 

Hope you had an enjoyable time on Quest

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Many people in Scotland - us included- were not issued with cards full stop as the view was they were too open to forgery

I don’t think any “cards” were issued in Scotland.  We can use the NHS Scotland app, or download a pdf record, or request a printed copy of vaccination details.  I have all 3 as I take a “belt and braces” approach.

The app with QR codes seems to be well-accepted.

11 minutes ago, ElmaLee said:

I don’t think any “cards” were issued in Scotland.  We can use the NHS Scotland app, or download a pdf record, or request a printed copy of vaccination details.  I have all 3 as I take a “belt and braces” approach.

The app with QR codes seems to be well-accepted.

Yes, I got one on my first visit to EICC, my husband was vaccinated elsewhere, no card.  When I went for my second, they said they were not updating the cards.  We have all three as well, make sure your printed copy request is after 1st November as there was a problem with the codes on the letters they issued before then

The app on my phone is working well and I am waiting to use it to get into restaurants soon, assuming the rule change goes through

Edited by uktog

1 minute ago, uktog said:

The app on my phone is working well and I am waiting to use it to get into restaurants soon, assuming the rule change goes through

Thanks.  App works well, I’ve used it a few times for entry to  football grounds

• Like 1

From Azamara FAQ

• If I lost my original vaccination card, but am able to show electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, uktog said:

It was so good to be back on board again. The crew were amazing and going out of their way to be the best at sea. Apart from wearing masks and daily temperature checks it was almost like old times.

We really enjoyed the new menus in Discoveries which combined Azamara favourites and new tastes.

It was a bit weird having Carl as Captain, knowing that Johannes was on board. Johannes was quarantined for the first seven days and then appeared as if by magic. It was strange to see him around the ship for three days in his civvies.

Carl handed over the reigns at 4pm on Saturday 13th and left Quest at 01:00 on 14th.

• Like 1

I have a query about UK passenger locator form.  Normally it needs to be completed 48 hrs before arriving (back) in UK.  However there are different rules for cruises less than 16 days where you can submit it before you travel.  

Does this apply to fly cruises too? Where you fly back to UK at end of cruise.?

10 minutes ago, ElmaLee said:

I have a query about UK passenger locator form.  Normally it needs to be completed 48 hrs before arriving (back) in UK.  However there are different rules for cruises less than 16 days where you can submit it before you travel.  

Does this apply to fly cruises too? Where you fly back to UK at end of cruise.?

No, you fill the form in from 48 hours before the time you are due to land in the UK

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, uktog said:

I agree the UK PLF is a nightmare, on our Greek Islands cruise you had to enter every island separately.  I did it in port using my data and to be fair the issue isn't entirely the fault of the ships wifi, it was a slow pain even on 4G.  The form is designed for those who go for a trip to one place not us more adventurous travellers 

Did you just have to list the islands you visited or did you have to supply further information such as dates and times you where there.

43 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Did you just have to list the islands you visited or did you have to supply further information such as dates and times you where there.

Dates and times were also needed

3 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Just so everyone is aware, the boosters/third primary vaccinations have now been loaded onto the NHS app also.  

But for those who are in Scotland, unfortunately we do not have that update

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

But for those who are in Scotland, unfortunately we do not have that update

I emailed Humza last week asking what progress is being made and when can we expect the booster to be shown.

I won't hold my breath.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, govanguy said:

I emailed Humza last week asking what progress is being made and when can we expect the booster to be shown.

I won't hold my breath.

I read that it will be updated next month.  I don't think there is any need to prove booster jags currently, although this is likely to change.