48 Hour Cancel Deal ?

EmmasNana

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

If we cancel a cruise within the 48 hours of the cruise date, say in January, will we rcv a FCC that needs to be used within  one year or will it still need to be booked by April 30, 2022 and used by Dec. 31, 2022?

Careful with the 48 hours, it’s more like 3 days out. The apply by date may still be April but the use by date should be one year. 

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Careful with the 48 hours, it’s more like 3 days out. The apply by date may still be April but the use by date should be one year. 

Thank you! So instead of using it by Dec, 2022 I would need to use it by Jan. 2023? I was hoping to apply it to something mid 2023. 

8 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

The cruise I have booked is booked with almost all FCC's so I don't think I can, or can I?

You should be able to. Just wait till the January protocols are announced and hope the refund option is still available. 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You should be able to. Just wait till the January protocols are announced and hope the refund option is still available. 

Great! My cruise isn't until the 23 so will wait until January before I do anything. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

Great! My cruise isn't until the 23 so will wait until January before I do anything. Thanks again!

Not sure I would count on that. 😕 For one thing, protocols have already been released for my February cruise and nothing has changed. Plus, this is what the website Q&A is saying now:

Q: I have read the new health policies and procedures, and I am unsure at this time if I want to cruise. Can I change or cancel my booked cruise?

A: We're sorry to hear that. If you made your booking by December 17, 2021, it falls under our Cruise with Confidence policy, meaning you can cancel your reservation and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. You just need to let us know at least 48 hours before your sail date. We look forward to welcoming you onboard at a future date.

Yes protocols for my 5 booked cruises jan thru march have all been released.  Same protocols currently.  Of course, they can change them at anytime.  

If you do cancel just make sure you call in time  I.e. if your cruise leaves on a sunday call no later than thursday.

16 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Plus, this is what the website Q&A is saying now:

Not sure that matters much when it comes to getting a refund. Folks are still reporting being able to get refunds - unless and until everyone reports refunds being denied (granted, that could happen at any time), the poster has a good chance at getting one.

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure that matters much when it comes to getting a refund. Folks are still reporting being able to get refunds - unless and until everyone reports refunds being denied (granted, that could happen at any time), the poster has a good chance at getting one.

True. I've heard of refunds being both granted and denied lately. Granted, what constitutes a "good" chance is a matter of opinion, but there is most definitely some chance. I just didn't want the OP or anyone else to bank on it when it's far from a certainty. 

• Like 1