CC Black Friday sale-4 category upgrade

susiesan

I got an email from cruise critic about 4 category upgrades on selected sailings, sale ends Nov. 29. The April 4 Riviera cruise I have booked is on the list, I am in cat C outside.  When I click on the link to the O web site for pricing, there is nothing about the 4 category upgrade, all the prices are the same as they have always been. The cruise is wide open for booking, only owners suite and lowest inside are waitlisted. Obviously this cruise is not selling well which has me a bit worried.

How does one get upgraded 4 categories? I asked my TA to look into this offer for me but haven't heard back yet. Did anyone else get this offer?

16 minutes ago, susiesan said:

How does one get upgraded 4 categories? I asked my TA to look into this offer for me but haven't heard back yet. Did anyone else get this offer?

Generally, it works that you can go from the top of one category to the bottom of the next category as long that bottom category is not waitlisted.  It looks like you might be able to go from your Cat C to the B4 for the price you see for Cat C.  That would be a $550 pp saving.

• Like 1

My TA said the sale starts next Tuesday, she will check it out for me.

It looks to me that some of the B# cabins on deck 7 towards the front and back have oversized verandas.

This would be 7126 to 7108 aft and 7008 to 700 forward. Can anyone verify this?

53 minutes ago, susiesan said:

It looks to me that some of the B# cabins on deck 7 towards the front and back have oversized verandas.

This would be 7126 to 7108 aft and 7008 to 700 forward. Can anyone verify this?

Correct

The oversize balconies are B3, not B4. If the promotion upgrades you to the lowest of the balcony cabins, the B3s are not included.

It's still a nice upgrade from an OV to a balcony.

Edited by tgg

You need to read the T & C  with the sale

it is UP to 4 Categories 

"BLACK FRIDAY SALE
*Offers and fares are valid from 11/23/21-11/29/21. Ask for BLACK FRIDAY SALE. Visit OceaniaCruises.com for current pricing. All fares are per person in U.S. dollars, valid for residents of United States and Canada, based on double occupancy (unless otherwise noted), for new bookings only and may be withdrawn at any time. Category upgrade is based on availability and is capacity controlled. Number of categories upgraded varies based on cruise and category booked. "

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You need to read the T & C  with the sale

it is UP to 4 Categories 

1 hour ago, tgg said:

The oversize balconies are B3, not B4. If the promotion upgrades you to the lowest of the balcony cabins, the B3s are not included.

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Number of categories upgraded varies based on cruise and category booked. "

I have taken advantage of these offers before and I can confirm that Oceanview to B category is B4 only as tgg said.  Concierge to PH is to a PH3 only.  What is interesting is OV to B4 you see the same price but on A1 to PH3 there is a difference in price.  It is still a savings but not the same price as A1

And both categories have to be available to book( not a guarantee)

Terms and Conditions are somewhat difficult to interpret.

Can't figure out if this is until 11/29 or through 11/29. Pretty sure my agent has the long weekend off.

And also this is new bookings only, right? If you've already booked your Riviera cruise Susie, how can you take advantage of it?

Edited by Petoonya

11 hours ago, cptxcpl said:

We are on Marina starting 12/1 and were just offered today an upgrade from veranda to concierge veranda for $400 pp. Not part of the Black Friday sale. 

The cabins are the same size.  Have you figured out whether the added perks are worth $ 800 to you?

11 hours ago, cptxcpl said:

We are on Marina starting 12/1 and were just offered today an upgrade from veranda to concierge veranda for $400 pp. Not part of the Black Friday sale. 

My guess is that they will improve their offer.  Now $500pp to go to a ph and I would be all over it😁

14 minutes ago, tgg said:

The cabins are the same size.  Have you figured out whether the added perks are worth $ 800 to you?

Agree, that's not necessarily a great deal. Also depends on how many days you're looking at. Also would be curious to know what level Veranda to what level Concierge. If B4 to A1 that might be alright, if B1 to A3, well............

Offer is for 23 cruises 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/upgrade-sale/

It is somewhat confusing how the offer is framed.

4 category upgrade for O ships … 2 category upgrade for R ships.

The pricing shown for each cabin class during the sale is the fare with the upgrade.

After the Sale ends, the website price will revert back to the normal fare for that category.

16 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Can't figure out if this is until 11/29 or through 11/29. Pretty sure my agent has the long weekend off.

And also this is new bookings only, right? If you've already booked your Riviera cruise Susie, how can you take advantage of it?

Nancy, my TA said it was for new bookings only but she was able to get O to let me take advantage of it. She was on the phone with O for over an hour trying to work it out. I see my new cabin number in my online reservation in my O account but I have not received the revised invoice yet. She says her agency and O are overwhelmed with paperwork and emails.

23 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Nancy, my TA said it was for new bookings only but she was able to get O to let me take advantage of it. She was on the phone with O for over an hour trying to work it out. I see my new cabin number in my online reservation in my O account but I have not received the revised invoice yet. She says her agency and O are overwhelmed with paperwork and emails.

Susie- that's great!

29 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Susie- that's great!

I also kept all the OBC I had coming, most from the TA.

She did tell me that O's new policy now is there is no more refundable TA credit. You can't get cash back if not used, you will lose it. 

TA reported that this offer was for only for new reservations. We booked  7 new reservations last week while onboard the Marina. Hopeful that onboard booking was as good of a deal as this Black Friday ‘deal’ . 🙂

TGG - 

We went from B3 to A1. 38 days on board. 3 floors higher. Closer to mid-ship. Added benefits for moving from veranda to concierge veranda. Worth $800? I don't know. I do know those who were already booked in the same cabins paid $2900 for the privilege.   

Edited by cptxcpl
Update

On 11/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, susiesan said:

I got an email from cruise critic about 4 category upgrades on selected sailings, sale ends Nov. 29. The April 4 Riviera cruise I have booked is on the list, I am in cat C outside.  When I click on the link to the O web site for pricing, there is nothing about the 4 category upgrade, all the prices are the same as they have always been. The cruise is wide open for booking, only owners suite and lowest inside are waitlisted. Obviously this cruise is not selling well which has me a bit worried.

I am on Riviera in August tried to get an upgrade from A 3 to PH 3 they found several excuses to say it was not possible ,I said O.K I will cancel and rebook They came back with a $300 reduction my cruise .Happy Days !! 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:45 PM, Petoonya said:

@susiesan Susie I find it remarkable that you are able to get just what you want again and again. If I have trouble with the IRS I want you on my team.

Nancy, it's all about HOW you ask for what you want. Was your cruise on the list for the upgrades? Did you get one? If not, I think you need a new TA.

Edited by susiesan

@susiesan

I really like my TA. She's been good to me for many years now, and among other things, has negotiated unusually good upsells.

It's the old "do unto others" thing. I can't put a price or a four category upgrade over the golden rule and loyalty.

But I am consistently impressed with your dogged persistence and accomplishments.

2 hours ago, roger b said:

I am on Riviera in August tried to get an upgrade from A 3 to PH 3 they found several excuses to say it was not possible ,I said O.K I will cancel and rebook They came back with a $300 reduction my cruise .Happy Days !! 

Was your cruise one of those on the list?

It is not Guaranteed  a 4 cat upgrade  but good that you got a discount