Bogus NCL Black Friday Offering

JohnGRobinson

Just checked our cruise - the promo that was active when we booked compared to the Black Friday promo.  The Black Friday promo is definitely better however, only by $32.50 pp better.  Why?… easy... the price for our class of room was increased (damn that pesky supply vs demand @#$&) !!!

So yeah, is it the BEST price of the year???... who knows? (TBH I have better things to worry about than to attempt to figure this out).  Am I upset?… no, the price we got pp was pretty awesome when we booked.  Am I going to call my TA and try to get a credit back for $65???… my time is worth more than what it would take to make that happen.

If you feel like you’re being cheated by this “bogus” promotion, stay home and then count me among those breathing a sigh of relief that I won’t be running into you while I’m sipping cocktails at the martini bar or sitting next to you while on an excursion.

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 1

I miss NCL even though I think they took advantage of me when convincing me to get the streaming internet package upgrade. I had consumed 4 dark in stormy's in the prior hour and think they deliberately don't open the internet office until 1:30 to take advantage of drunk prospective customers. 

Then they assume someone in that state could actually be in condition to watch a movie.

When I return in twenty twenty whatever year I am just getting the regular one just so people can reach me.

5 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

Let me help you out.  It's called massive deception.  Some of us don't appreciate it.

Nothing deceptive about it at all.    You get 70% the fare for the second person.  Just because, for bookkeeping purposes, they actually apply that as 35% off each of the first two is 100% irrelevant.  It changes absolutely nothing at all.

43 minutes ago, HowardK said:

You "consumed 4 dark in stormy's in the prior hour and..."

it's somehow NCL's fault that you gave them more money?

44 minutes ago, HowardK said:

When I return in twenty twenty whatever year I am just getting the regular one just so people can reach me.

How many Dark and Stormy drinks have you had today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I miss NCL even though I think they took advantage of me when convincing me to get the streaming internet package upgrade. I had consumed 4 dark in stormy's in the prior hour and think they deliberately don't open the internet office until 1:30 to take advantage of drunk prospective customers. 

Then they assume someone in that state could actually be in condition to watch a movie.

You, and no one else, made the decision to upgrade.  No one took advantage of anyone.

It’s marketing and nothing is really free otherwise they would not be in business.  You just have to look and see if what they are selling meets your needs.  I have learned to live with the Free at Sea promotions and in my case I decline the drink package since I don’t drink very much and save myself the service charge.

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

🤣Let me help you out.  If the prices are always the same, than NCL advertising this as the "best offer ever" is technically correct (i.e. no massive deception).

Depends on what your definition of is is......

But you are correct.  NCL never uses deceptive practices....

Rah Rah Rah

Edited by Old & Retired

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The NCL cabanas are a great deal. Royal sells their cabanas on next-door Cococay for $1699. No bed. No bathroom. No air conditioning. Just a cabana out in the water. 

image.png.6abc397826cf5034906c6a4077c8019e.png

image.png.f89d78ba202441407fb9970b785b0991.png

image.png.22b611b501452eaccdeec8f692ee2fd7.png

Royal's cabanas and other excursions are dynamically priced.  Our friends recently snagged an overwater cabana and Beach Club access for $999.  We all had a great time.  

Last week when the BF promo started, I finally booked (rebooked??) our cruise for next summer on the Epic.  I had priced it a couple of days before the promo, and the price was 100% the same down to the penny.  

However, I do think someone posted that the promo pricing was implemented a few days before the promo actually started.  If this is true, then the savings were already applied in my pre-sale pricing / quote.

If this is true, I really don't understand NCL's logic.  You implement the sale pricing days before you actually launch the promo?   I fail to understand how that is part of a successful marketing strategy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

If you feel like you’re being cheated by this “bogus” promotion, stay home and then count me among those breathing a sigh of relief that I won’t be running into you while I’m sipping cocktails at the martini bar or sitting next to you while on an excursion.

Amen brother!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1