Anyone get the unlimited digital photo package lately?

conodor

Has anyone got the unlimited digital photo package lately?

I was on the celebrity Edge October 23rd sail date.  I got the package. first off it was disappointing. there was 1 location on the entire ship to get your photos taken.  sometimes they had a green screen,  a person taking shots by the rail. and a 3rd person taking them by the steps.  People were nice. but there were there just on and off.  Not 1 person taking photos around the ship. no photos being taken when you got off on the ports.  Hopefully when ships get back to 100% capacity and covid is behind us, there is more photos options.

Anyway,  the major problem...  I still haven't received my link to my photos.  Tomorrow makes a month. I've called a couple times.  getting very little help from celebrity.  I was assured that i was getting a follow up in the next couple days... this time i called.

If you got the package, have you got your link yet?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Pickels said:

here's a question for conodor---was the package you reserved for one person?  if it was, how many people were allowed in the photo?

When you get the package, it's for all the people in the stateroom(at it was for me and my wife)  They say facial recognition is used so all photos will show up in your room folder.  But there wasn't a single photographer on the ship that i saw besides by the steps close to the martini bar(Edge).  And every time they took our pictures, they asked for our room number.

Just make sure you stop in the photo center, swipe your room key. and put in your email address. I'd assume that's who they send you the photo link... but as i stated above.  I haven't received the link, it's been a month and i've called 3 times already.  I'll be calling back tomorrow for the 4th time. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:13 PM, conodor said:

When you get the package, it's for all the people in the stateroom(at it was for me and my wife)  They say facial recognition is used so all photos will show up in your room folder.  But there wasn't a single photographer on the ship that i saw besides by the steps close to the martini bar(Edge).  And every time they took our pictures, they asked for our room number.

Just make sure you stop in the photo center, swipe your room key. and put in your email address. I'd assume that's who they send you the photo link... but as i stated above.  I haven't received the link, it's been a month and i've called 3 times already.  I'll be calling back tomorrow for the 4th time. 

Because the website is so confusing; I call Celebrity, and they confirmed, it's for the cabin! 

Update: a couple more calls to celebrity. still no update.  and until yesterday when i really unloaded on them, i didn't get a single update unless i called back.  

It's now been almost 30 days since i've been home from my cruise.  5 phone calls to X.  They called me back 1 time and emailed me Once.  (Both in the last 24 hours)

Very frustrating, sorry this has happened. We have had different issues with the Photography policies and delivery in the past, though we almost always buy some of our photos (even when we vow not to, we just can’t resist). The policies and procedures are also not necessarily consistent across ships, either. We sailed Apex in September and Reflection in November and the package offerings were different (we could get a 10-digital image package on Apex, but not on Reflection- it was buying photos as singles or buy them all).

Due to these issues, I have always asked the photography manager for his/her direct email address so I can have a way to contact him/her post-cruise, in case I have any problems. In fact, I DID need to contact the Apex manager eight days after our cruise ended due to not receiving the link (he had told me it would be delivered in 4-7 days). He said he was really glad that I had asked for his email, because there HAD been a problem with delivery…and he was able to get it sorted out. Within an hour after my email, I had the link I requested.

I also asked for the Reflection photography manager’s email in November, but interestingly- he told me to expect to wait 2 weeks  for my e-mail delivery. I didn’t need to contact him after all; my link arrived on November 24 (we disembarked Nov 13, so it took 11 days).

if you think it would help your trouble-shooting, I would be glad to share these two photography manager emails. I know you were on a different ship than I was, but the managers may network together and may know the manager’s email for the Edge. Just email me and I can send them to you.

sharonbaranick at yahoo dot com

Hope it gets resolved soon! 👍🏻 Sharon

1 hour ago, WeBcruisingMN said:

Very frustrating, sorry this has happened. We have had different issues with the Photography policies and delivery in the past, though we almost always buy some of our photos (even when we vow not to, we just can’t resist). The policies and procedures are also not necessarily consistent across ships, either. We sailed Apex in September and Reflection in November and the package offerings were different (we could get a 10-digital image package on Apex, but not on Reflection- it was buying photos as singles or buy them all).

Due to these issues, I have always asked the photography manager for his/her direct email address so I can have a way to contact him/her post-cruise, in case I have any problems. In fact, I DID need to contact the Apex manager eight days after our cruise ended due to not receiving the link (he had told me it would be delivered in 4-7 days). He said he was really glad that I had asked for his email, because there HAD been a problem with delivery…and he was able to get it sorted out. Within an hour after my email, I had the link I requested.

I also asked for the Reflection photography manager’s email in November, but interestingly- he told me to expect to wait 2 weeks  for my e-mail delivery. I didn’t need to contact him after all; my link arrived on November 24 (we disembarked Nov 13, so it took 11 days).

if you think it would help your trouble-shooting, I would be glad to share these two photography manager emails. I know you were on a different ship than I was, but the managers may network together and may know the manager’s email for the Edge. Just email me and I can send them to you.

sharonbaranick at yahoo dot com

Hope it gets resolved soon! 👍🏻 Sharon

Thanks for the input.  and i'll hold off on the email address right now.  I really light some fires yesterday.  I really laid into them and they are actually giving me follow up.  They claim as of now they are dealing with the photo manager for celebrity and also the ship to solve the "problem" but they arne't saying the problem.

originally they kept saying the ship is having trouble uploading the photos

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, conodor said:

Has anyone got the unlimited digital photo package lately?

I was on the celebrity Edge October 23rd sail date.  I got the package. first off it was disappointing. there was 1 location on the entire ship to get your photos taken.  sometimes they had a green screen,  a person taking shots by the rail. and a 3rd person taking them by the steps.  People were nice. but there were there just on and off.  Not 1 person taking photos around the ship. no photos being taken when you got off on the ports.  Hopefully when ships get back to 100% capacity and covid is behind us, there is more photos options.

Anyway,  the major problem...  I still haven't received my link to my photos.  Tomorrow makes a month. I've called a couple times.  getting very little help from celebrity.  I was assured that i was getting a follow up in the next couple days... this time i called.

If you got the package, have you got your link yet?

Thanks!

Were you ever able to obtain the link to your photos? I have not received mine and typically get it the same day we debark, so I am not sure if I need to call and check the status with someone before the photos expire.

Never have a problem.  We checked the ships photo  kiosks daily to be sure all of our pictures were loaded.  If one was missing, we immediately asked the agent to add it.  We also took pictures at each port and when boarding.  On ships that use hard copies of the photos, we looked for the photos and the clerk at the photo gallery created an envelope full of the pictures we took during the cruise.  

The on line instructions and link came about 3 days after we arrived home .  Also, not only are pictures included of all in your stateroom, but if you have family and or friends sailing, and you or your cabin/suite mates  are in the picture, they are also included in your package.  Never had a problem.  Keep calling.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I've booked a couple packages this year.   Never had a problem on Summit nor Solstice.   Most had just one  or two places available except on Chic Nights then about 6 places setup with different backdrops or on the Grand Staircase. 

@Pickels there was no limitation on how many in a shot.   When you have your picture taken they just ask for your room number.    They also use photo recognition to those you tag on your account. 

The way it works is you go to the Photo Department and setup an account on their Kiosk.   All your pictures show up in your folder.   If you are missing one you can go down and they will help you find it or just put in date and you can page through the photos and also put some of the stock photo the photographers shoot.   They also shoot in the dining rooms on Chic night as well as at the gangway at each port.

During the cruise you are given a link and can directly download to your pc or device or at the end of the cruise we received a link to Download.

After awhile the photogrophers get to know you and will work with you to do other than canned poses.

We were on Equinox in October and had the Unlimited Digital and Print Photo Package.  We must have had at least 50 pictures taken.  I received a link the day after I got home and then a few reminders that the link is only good for 30 days.

Hope your issue is resolved soon.