Elite laundry service question.

StillCruzin

Finally, sailing on Majestic Princess at the Elite level in 01/22. Looking forward to not having to pack so much. My question is, what is the first and last day I can give my cabin attendant my laundry and have it returned to me? I imagine the laundry has times it is overloaded with requests.

3 minutes ago, StillCruzin said:

Finally, sailing on Majestic Princess at the Elite level in 01/22. Looking forward to not having to pack so much. My question is, what is the first and last day I can give my cabin attendant my laundry and have it returned to me? I imagine the laundry has times it is overloaded with requests.

You can put a bag out on embarkation day if you want. Turnaround was excellent on our September Majestic cruise (often next day) but that may be due to reduced capacity. As things ramp back up I would expect 2-3 day return times. The last day they will take one is  a few days prior to disembarkation. Not sure, but I think it was two days on our last cruise. Again this may vary by ship and itinerary. 

• Like 1

Our cabin stewards have usually told us when the last day for laundry is. The worst for turn-around times, of course, were the transatlantic cruises with nearly a thousand Elite passengers on them. On my week-long cruise next month, I plan to send out a few things on Tuesday just so I don't have to pack as much. The cruise starts on a Sunday.

2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

It depends a LOT on how many elites are on board.  I was on a South America cruise pre-covid when half the passengers were elite. It was running 4 or more days to  get laundry back!

We have had a similar experience on a westbound Atlantic TA.  There were well over 1,000 elites on board.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:09 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I was told by my steward that 9 am was the latest you could turn in laundry. Keep that in mind.  Best to plan to hand it over the night before or hand it to your steward by 8:30 am. 

The 9 a.m. deadline is for counting as being turned in that day. Anything turned in after 9 a.m. is like it was turned in the next day. 

• Like 1