COVID Testing at CVS

Frenchkona

2 hours ago, amevola said:

We had the same problem.  We sail this Saturday, and CVS cancelled the test we were supposed to have tomorrow morning last Thursday.  It was a trial to find another test site that could handle us before our flight tomorrow as most appointments were too late in the day.  We ended up going this morning for a PCR and have an antigen test tomorrow as a backup. 

Many people here have had success with the test you purchase from Celebrity. 

Good luck!

My PCR test came back negative at 7pm, thank goodness.  It took fewer than 12 hours.  Just waiting for my husband's test results as well as the results of three friends.  I happily cancelled my antigen test tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Sure, great, let's lie because we won't get caught.    (BTW, I said I wanted it for travel.  No problem, no charge.) 

When I was s making an appointment for testing at CVS I clicked the for travel box. I was not able to make an appointment. I changed the reason to being Healthcare worker (my husband actually is)  and I was able to get the 2 appointments I need . You do what you gotta do.

We have rapid antigen test scheduled next Thursday, 0920 and 0935 at CVS.  We have Rapid Binax NOW scheduled at Walgreens at 1100 and 1115.  If CVS cancels we are set with Walgreens, if both cancel I have the proctored BinAx now home test kits as a contingency. 

I had no issue scheduling our test and did not have to say anything that was not correct.  I guess the fact that we are both 71 years young may have helped. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, susiesan said:

When I was s making an appointment for testing at CVS I clicked the for travel box. I was not able to make an appointment. I changed the reason to being Healthcare worker (my husband actually is)  and I was able to get the 2 appointments I need . You do what you gotta do.

But you’re not.  Hope they catch you in your lie.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kearney said:

I don't think Walgreens has the rapid test... at least they don't here...in Atl

They don't in NC either but the post was from someone in Tampa and the Tampa area Walgreens offer the ID NOW test which is a point of use test with results within an hour.

There were appointments available in multiple Tampa Walgreens for this test today.

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We have rapid antigen test scheduled next Thursday, 0920 and 0935 at CVS.  We have Rapid Binax NOW scheduled at Walgreens at 1100 and 1115.  If CVS cancels we are set with Walgreens, if both cancel I have the proctored BinAx now home test kits as a contingency. 

I had no issue scheduling our test and did not have to say anything that was not correct.  I guess the fact that we are both 71 years young may have helped. 

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't the BinAx home tests be your first choice?  You have already purchased the tests and they will expire in a couple of months.  Do the test at home and if you have any problems  then use Walgreens and CVS as back-up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They don't in NC either but the post was from someone in Tampa and the Tampa area Walgreens offer the ID NOW test which is a point of use test with results within an hour.

There were appointments available in multiple Tampa Walgreens for this test today.

Given the 2 day requirement for cruising and Florida is a big cruising centers... it would make sense for Walgreens to at the very least ..have rapid tests in the port city locations...

15 hours ago, susiesan said:

Just say you work in health care. They don't verify. Just don't say you want it for travel/

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Sure, great, let's lie because we won't get caught.    (BTW, I said I wanted it for travel.  No problem, no charge.) 

For CVS tests: the first two questions when scheduling are :

1. Are you getting tested for Travel: Yes
  2. Have you been near people where Social distancing was not possible: Yes
  • All the rest Stated: No

Test was conducted Free of Charge - No issues - No Lying 

Basic rule of Life: Always tell the truth - if for no other reason than it is easier to remember...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't the BinAx home tests be your first choice?  You have already purchased the tests and they will expire in a couple of months.  Do the test at home and if you have any problems  then use Walgreens and CVS as back-up.

We are getting off Reflection and going straight to a cruise on Symphony of the Seas. Should there be an issue with getting the test needed for our Symphony cruise, I have the BinAx home test as my backup since we literally go from FLL to MIA, one ship to another with an Lyft/Uber ride in between. 

4 hours ago, RGEDad said:

For CVS tests: the first two questions when scheduling are :

1. Are you getting tested for Travel: Yes
  2. Have you been near people where Social distancing was not possible: Yes
  • All the rest Stated: No

Test was conducted Free of Charge - No issues - No Lying 

Basic rule of Life: Always tell the truth - if for no other reason than it is easier to remember...

Well, that may have worked for you but it did not for me. When I answered yes for the first 2 questions I couldn't even make an appointment for a test. Maybe Missouri CVS web sites are glitchy.

53 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We are getting off Reflection and going straight to a cruise on Symphony of the Seas. Should there be an issue with getting the test needed for our Symphony cruise, I have the BinAx home test as my backup since we literally go from FLL to MIA, one ship to another with an Lyft/Uber ride in between. 

I would hope that you could negotiate a test on the Reflection before you get off similar to a B2B.   If that's not possible  I would probably do the BinAx test onboard the Reflection before I left.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

16 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I would hope that you could negotiate a test on the Reflection before you get off similar to a B2B.   If that's not possible  I would probably do the BinAx test onboard the Reflection before I left.

We have been told that Celebrity will test us onboard Reflection before we get off but there has been recent announcements that Celebrity was no longer doing free testing on board.  So, the BinAX Now is a backup should it turn out that our TA and us where both given incorrect information that Celebrity would test us before arrival back in port.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We have been told that Celebrity will test us onboard Reflection before we get off but there has been recent announcements that Celebrity was no longer doing free testing on board.  So, the BinAX Now is a backup should it turn out that our TA and us where both given incorrect information that Celebrity would test us before arrival back in port.  

Good Luck, I think you will be fine.  Celebrity has decided not to charge anyone that has existing reservations.

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Good Luck, I think you will be fine.  Celebrity has decided not to charge anyone that has existing reservations.

it is not as much being charged for it as it is being sure that we can get tested two days prior versus the day of, the latter not being accepted according to Royal’s web site.

7 hours ago, susiesan said:

Maybe Missouri CVS web sites are glitchy

Hmmmm - Possibly something to do with Missouri being the "Show Me" state - I don't know.

Shocking act all CVSs are not playing the same - who would have thunk.

On the other hand, My daughter in NYC was shocked we had to put in insurance information at all when she got tested down here (In Texas) while she was visiting. In NYC she just walks in and they test her no insurance questions asked. 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

it is not as much being charged for it as it is being sure that we can get tested two days prior versus the day of, the latter not being accepted according to Royal’s web site.

Is this for children in your party because adults can get tested on departure day?  The no testing on departure day only applies to unvaccinated children because they must take a test at the terminal. In fact Royal offers that as an option.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Is this for children in your party because adults can get tested on departure day?  The no testing on departure day only applies to unvaccinated children because they must take a test at the terminal. In fact Royal offers that as an option.

No this is for my wife and I.  Your point is well taken.  We fly to FLL Friday and sail on Saturday.  There is no concern on our part as we have planned contingency on top of contingency.