LIVE from the Majestic Princess /Mexico November 27-December 4

pkt1976

I just posted all the Patters for the week. 

They had events to celebrate Hannukah each day, very nice to see! 

I was hoping they’d Decorate the ship for Christmas while I was onboard, but not yet. I guess I’ll need to have another go next year. 

They still are not able to have karaoke or parties as they did before, but the entertainment team worked very hard to have events with something for everyone.

The shows I attended were never close to full. The reduced capacity makes it easier for passengers to enjoy the ship, but definitely concerning long term. This is a slower time of the year as many are with family for the holidays, so hopefully after the first of the year the ships fill up more. They still have a lot of limitations from the CDC but all I saw was crew me working very hard to make the cruise enjoyable for the passengers.

the Royal class of ships are not my favorite, but the Majestic is my favorite of the  3 I’ve been on. I loved spending time in the Hollywood Conservatory and pool. It a unique ship, but still feels like home. 

I had no issues with the crew, they were fabulous, especially still under challenging circumstances. 

if you are cruising, pack your patience and a good attitude. As usual, there were Handful of guests who felt they were entitled to get their way and didn’t have to follow the rules they agreed to by boarding the ship. I really can not stand rude  people. Bless the crew for their patience and strength to address concerns they can, and enforce the rules they need to. 

More to come… 

• Like 8

The Good Spirits at sea bar was a lot of fun, and what great service! I don’t drink much but had a couple drinks here and just enjoyed the bar staff. They were fun and engaging and I spent more time at a bar this week than I ever have. 

if you order one of the special drinks there, you get the recipe card for the drink 

839C9956-DCDF-4E89-9408-D8A774CA6A1A.jpeg

D3C50D16-E501-4201-B3A3-668917A4FE09.jpeg

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

the Royal class of ships are not my favorite, but the Majestic is my favorite of the  3 I’ve been on. I loved spending time in the Hollywood Conservatory and pool. It a unique ship, but still feels like home. 

I agree 100%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Opinions have been split on the difference a cruise director makes on a cruise.

i 100% believe the CD makes a HUGE impact on the tone of the entertainment onboard. I was impressed by Kevin Tugwell last cruise, this cruise I saw more of his leadership and abilities to communicate with guests and his team as well. 

Kevin was always out and about and stopped to chat with passengers when he had the opportunity. He and several of the ship officers came to the meet and greet as well. He answered questions honestly and clearly enjoyed speaking with us. He’s a genuine person and is himself no matter who he’s talking to. He was very open about his life, goals, and what he wants to accomplish.  He represents Princess well, while maintaining his personality and being true to who he is. 

He also expressed appreciation and respect for his entertainment team more than once. He wants them to grow and reach their goals as well. I don’t divulge private conversations but I will say his team members expressed their respect for him as well. There’s a difference between a manager and a leader. My observations are that Kevin is a leader. 

at the Hollywood hiccups game, he took the time to recognize Lauren, Christiaan and Karen. Their team has been short staffed for a while and they’ve been working very very  hard.  I adore all three of them. they were so funny and creative, they got a standing ovation. 

he and Lauren did a talk about life onboard as a crew member the last sea day. It was an excellent presentation and gives us as passengers insight and understanding into what they do and what the requirements are to work on board. 

I also encourage you to attend Lauren’s presentation “your home, our history” she’s a great presenter.I was impressed by her knowledge and presentation skills. 

Vickie and Bernie are on this week and next, her presentations are excellent and filled with information about the port, culture, excursions and things to visit in port. I loved being able to have a week aboard with them, as they are port experts, and my friends. 

the team of dancers and singers in the photos left today with us and this week, you will have a new team to entertain you. 

B65E6D9B-15E6-40D2-B7C5-D3341B00D7DA.jpeg

DCD70A3B-38C9-4983-90E0-6715FA27C044.jpeg

73C0290B-6559-4D1F-BF3B-ABAF27CBE6D1.jpeg

3EA3B1AC-C688-4EED-8EC7-39F491801C2B.jpeg

8D3471B4-C7FB-48FF-988D-02CA83FA8739.jpeg

2FF197A2-F8CE-41A0-AD36-7F9492A3A159.jpeg

4AD9BA05-43BC-4023-A59D-B41554B896B2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

I just posted all the Patters for the week.

Thanks.  I looked over some and I notice they posted nothing for a place/time for Bridge play and Board Games which I used to see.  In fact, used to play some Bridge on Sea Days.  I guess passengers need to organize themselves with a sign-up or something.  IDK why this is not going on as they seem to have most other former activities. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all this  great information.  Does anyone have comments on the covid protocols, esp the covid testing that is required for b2b passengers?  It is efficient?  When do results come back?  We still need a PCR test to return to Canada.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks.  I looked over some and I notice they posted nothing for a place/time for Bridge play and Board Games which I used to see.  In fact, used to play some Bridge on Sea Days.  I guess passengers need to organize themselves with a sign-up or something.  IDK why this is not going on as they seem to have most other former activities. 

They can’t post any events where passengers are passing things back and forth/ touching things like dominos, cards etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

They can’t post any events where passengers are passing things back and forth/ touching things like dominos, cards etc. 

Well, thanks for the reason but gee, Covid doesn't transmit via objects.  They were never concerned with all the touching in terms of Noro - go figure.  So, I guess pax just organize their own thing then.  I noticed some other things with close contact.  But, I know it will change before we sail.  Helps to know.  Live Bridge is going on in the USA now, but not here yet.  I don't think it would be illegal, but the places the organizers rent may not want it yet.  I am not a member of a club with its own facility and we are still playing online (BBO).

5 hours ago, leet102 said:

Thank you for all this  great information.  Does anyone have comments on the covid protocols, esp the covid testing that is required for b2b passengers?  It is efficient?  When do results come back?  We still need a PCR test to return to Canada.  

Posts on other threads say the testing required for B2B passengers is very efficient. Results are only sent to those who tested positive so no news is considered good news. I have seen no posts about anyone who tested positive and how soon they were notified.

For the required test for an onward journey posts have lately said it is done on shore after disembarking with results back in about an hour.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I may have missed it so sorry if this has been covered, but are the Princess favorites still on the the dining room menu?  The fettuccine alfredo and the shrimp cocktail were good stand by faves.  I really hope those aren't gone.

They have been on the menus posted on several "Live Froms".

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:38 AM, caribill said:

For the required test for an onward journey posts have lately said it is done on shore after disembarking with results back in about an hour.

There was a post from one cruise where the results for the poster were back in two hours for one person and in about 12 hours for the second person. No explanation for the delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Summer  will be a first time cruiser on Princess - will be on the Majestic and very much enjoyed this thread and all the info provided.  Would appreciate any additional comments on:

Cruise long pass to the Enclave - worth it? best times to visit daily for less crowds?  do heated loungers get taken quickly? Shampoo, conditioner & hair dryers available in the showers there? Lockers available? Are saunas and steam rooms coed or in the male and female dressing areas, respectively?

Hollywood conservatory - is this the only "adult only" area to relax in? Saw pictures online and it looks relaxing and fun.

Medallions - if you don't want to buy a special holder for them, guess people just tuck them into a pocket? What is the best thing to bring from home to "attach" them to?

Fitness Center - are there showers and lockers there for people that work out?

What is the "Yes and No" game and strategy for playing it?

Favorite eatery or bar with a great view?

41 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

The cruise director staff member begins a conversation with a guest on stage and the guest cannot say the words "YES" or "NO" (including some near-equivalents).  If the guest can manage this for three minutes on the clock, they win.  

I would say in order to have success, you have to shut out any distractions and zone in on the person talking to you and manage not to make a quick response when they engage you.  You might want to have a pregnant pause and formulate your words, or have a strategy going in as to what phrasing you will use to indicate positive and negative answers.  "Positive" and "Negative" are okay words IIRC. 

Some of the crew are pretty skilled as they do this a lot.

2 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Next Summer  will be a first time cruiser on Princess - will be on the Majestic and very much enjoyed this thread and all the info provided.  Would appreciate any additional comments on:

Cruise long pass to the Enclave - worth it? best times to visit daily for less crowds?  do heated loungers get taken quickly? Shampoo, conditioner & hair dryers available in the showers there? Lockers available? Are saunas and steam rooms coed or in the male and female dressing areas, respectively?

yes worth it, morning and days in port best times, heated loungers always had availability, lockers available with hair dryer, sauna and steam coed in the main area 

Hollywood conservatory - is this the only "adult only" area to relax in? Saw pictures online and it looks relaxing and fun.

Medallions - if you don't want to buy a special holder for them, guess people just tuck them into a pocket? What is the best thing to bring from home to "attach" them to?

Fitness Center - are there showers and lockers there for people that work out?

Favorite eatery or bar with a great view?

Alfredo’s best food on ship and decent view.  Food on ship wasn’t nearly as good as my cooking