Live from the Pride. Out 4th trip of the year

jimbo5544

3 hours ago, sunonfire said:

What are the earliest booking times for the Pride? Are you Platinum or Diamond? I read on this site someone had a 10:30 check in time. Back when Carnival had FTTF and before Covid the terminal doors opened at 11:00 am, if I am not mistaken. My Pride’s cruise online checkin is next week. Thanks!

We are Diamond, we picked the 12 to 12:30 slot to work with something else we had planned for the morning.  If I had one thing I would change that would be it.  Not sure but I thought the earliest time slot was 11

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are Diamond, we picked the 12 to 12:30 slot to work with something else we had planned for the morning.  If I had one thing I would change that would be it.  Not sure but I thought the earliest time slot was 11

Thanks for sharing . . .

Edited by HappySails4U
Duplicated

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Much appreciate the info and all the photos!!!   We will be sailing on the Pride on January 2nd and this has been a great help !

7 hours ago, HappySails4U said:

Much appreciate the info and all the photos!!!   We will be sailing on the Pride on January 2nd and this has been a great help !

Thanks for following along.  Cruising is back, we missed it greatly.  What we have to do to cruise is not perfect, but part of what I wanted ensure everyone understands is how much it like cruising was.  Glad I could help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sunonfire said:

I guess you checked in at midnight to get such an early time. That was early. What time did you get on the ship?

Yes, checked in just after midnight; I was up reading. We boarded right at 11:00; as soon as they called suites.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks for following along.  Cruising is back, we missed it greatly.  What we have to do to cruise is not perfect, but part of what I wanted ensure everyone understands is how much it like cruising was.  Glad I could help.

We enjoy all of your reviews; they are always informative. We look forward to your next review. Our 7th Pride cruise was Dec. 2019 and we will miss her, but we’ll be on the Legend in early 2022 and are looking forward to that trip. 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:38 AM, 2Shoes2Go said:

Yes, checked in just after midnight; I was up reading. We boarded right at 11:00; as soon as they called suites.

Hopefully my last question for you - were you able to drop off your carryon bag and pick up your sign and sail cards when you boarded? I have read they were allowing  that on other Carnival ships recently.

7 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Hopefully my last question for you - were you able to drop off your carryon bag and pick up your sign and sail cards when you boarded? I have read they were allowing  that on other Carnival ships recently.

Yes, we dropped off our carry on and got the keys from the mailbox. The cabin was ready.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:08 PM, fair-winds39 said:

We enjoy all of your reviews; they are always informative. We look forward to your next review. Our 7th Pride cruise was Dec. 2019 and we will miss her, but we’ll be on the Legend in early 2022 and are looking forward to that trip. 

Thanks for ALL of the following along.  In doing the reviews I am trying to share the love we have when we walk on a ship.   For us, it still does not get old (hope it never does) and how much we missed it when it was gone.  You will love the Legend,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Three different ships and 4 sailings and all cabins were ready when we got on.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, sunonfire said:

Since you were on 4 sailings how were the passengers dressed for elegant night?

Interesting question, we were just talking about this with some friends last night.  The Pride sailing was the most ……subdued attire, the Mardi Gras the most dressed.  While we still dress for the two nights (no where near what we used to do), I am not sure that will ever come back the way it used to be.  Not starting a debate, it is what it is.

• Like 2

That’s what I was thinking. We were on the Celebrity Constellation last month for a 5 night cruise. There were very few people who were dressed up. Their “chic night” doesn’t even require ties or jackets for men. The men in our group just wore long sleeved collared shirts. We just saw a couple of men who had sports jackets on.

23 hours ago, sunonfire said:

That’s what I was thinking. We were on the Celebrity Constellation last month for a 5 night cruise. There were very few people who were dressed up. Their “chic night” doesn’t even require ties or jackets for men. The men in our group just wore long sleeved collared shirts. We just saw a couple of men who had sports jackets on.

Across almost all lines including 5 star lines it appears that is what their cruisers want

On 11/28/2021 at 1:09 PM, jimbo5544 said:

This was a deal we could not pass up on. Joining us will be my brother and his wife and our friend Sam.   Please come on along.   

Don't know how I missed this one!!

I will get my drink and hop on your ship if you don't mind!!

I'm still badly missing cruising.  March can't come fast enough for me!

hugs

Nicki

4 hours ago, princess76021 said:

thank you!!  i had a wonderful time on your cruise!

thanks for inviting me 😁

hugs

nicki

Thanks for following along, part of the reasons I post these reviews is for the people who have not gotten back to the sea.  Happily I can tell you that the experience is as goos as it was before they got shut down.  

• Like 1