Live from the Pride. Out 4th trip of the year

jimbo5544

I’m late to show for your latest live review.  Looks like you gave your friend the cruising bug! The Pride is my next cruise but not till March for the Sailabration.  Loved your sailaway pictures.  I haven’t cruised out of Tampa for about 8 years. 

I have never seen a guy playing the with the strings, interesting.  People did not look very elegant for the elegant dinner. 

Do you know if Ken will be onboard for the Sailabration?

I have never been to Costa Maya.  Are your pictures all from the port?  Is there a charge for pool or is it like Amber Cove? In one of your pictures while the dream was docking a see a pool on the side of the ship.  I assume it is the Mardi Gras.  What pool is this?

Happy to see that they added sail awnings while standing in line in Belize.  The last time I was there we were so hot standing in the sun.

Thanks so much for doing this review of the Pride and for including the menus! 

• Like 1

Not meaning to hijack, but hoping I may be able to get information out to anyone embarking on the Pride when Jimbo returns on Sunday - I just received an email advising that due to some mechanical repairs.  You need to arrive 3 hours later than your boarding time.  I have a 10:00 - 10:30 slot but that has now been changed to 1:00 - 1:30.  I don't always check my emails everyday unless I'm waiting for something - so, just wanted to give anyone following this post a heads up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaniceB said:

I’m late to show for your latest live review.  Looks like you gave your friend the cruising bug! The Pride is my next cruise but not till March for the Sailabration.  Loved your sailaway pictures.  I haven’t cruised out of Tampa for about 8 years. 

I have never seen a guy playing the with the strings, interesting.  People did not look very elegant for the elegant dinner. 

I have never been to Costa Maya.  Are your pictures all from the port?  Is there a charge for pool or is it like Amber Cove? In one of your pictures while the dream was docking a see a pool on the side of the ship.  I assume it is the Mardi Gras.  What pool is this?

Happy to see that they added sail awnings while standing in line in Belize.  The last time I was there we were so hot standing in the sun.

I will respond in detail in a while.  

1 hour ago, sc4125 said:

Not meaning to hijack, but hoping I may be able to get information out to anyone embarking on the Pride when Jimbo returns on Sunday - I just received an email advising that due to some mechanical repairs.  You need to arrive 3 hours later than your boarding time.  I have a 10:00 - 10:30 slot but that has now been changed to 1:00 - 1:30.  I don't always check my emails everyday unless I'm waiting for something - so, just wanted to give anyone following this post a heads up.

I have not heard a thing on the ship

4 hours ago, sc4125 said:

The email stated nothing about mechanical repairs, just routine maintenance. Probably holiday decorating and cleaning.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JaniceB said:

It is the first time we have seen a guy playing as well.  Sam (our 91 year old neighbor) loves the strings, cannot get enough.  I think every other group has come from Russia, this group from Latvia and Ukraine.  In my humble opinion, maybe a tad less in talent than the last couple of cruises, but certainly not a big deal.  

We had a couple of conversations with Ken, I think his intent is to stay with the ship till she is ready to go over.  

All our time in Costa Maya was in the port.  Yes, you can swim i. The pool, if I remember correctly (from past trips), the chairs were for rent.  Not sure about the pool pic, I will go back when I get a chance to look.

I was pretty impressed with the improvements we noticed in Belize.  They appear to want a bigger share of cruise ships.

Thanks for following along.  Last day (sea day) while it has been our 4th in 3 months, still be sad to get off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Someone had asked about Ken and whether he was going to be on the TA.  During a conversation with him, he prefaced it with one only knows when it happens now a days, but his plans were to stay on the Pride till sometime before the TA and then head home.  He would rejoin in Europe and sail her back at the end of the European season to Tampa.

A couple of other things before I forget.  I was surprised that the Steakhouse had tablecloths last night.  I assume it has something to do with table tops.  The other was that the Steakhouse was def not packed, a little surprising.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

Thanks for answering all my questions.  I have 1 more how is the serenity area?  Do they still have the bar and pool?  Enjoy your last sea day!

Yes they do, today is by far the busiest day (typing this on my iPad sitting under the Pergolas).

• Thanks 1