Has anyone been able to price match to the P0K VIFP rate during this sale?

Cherries Jubilee

I’m booked under the Early Saver rate so that I can do price adjustments. It’s after final payment so I know I can only get OBC. The cost of my cruise has dropped so I called to request OBC. They transferred me to resolutions and the representative told me that the system isn’t capable of giving me the credit for that adjustment because P0K is a new rate that they’ve never had before.

It would be a significant OBC so I need to verify this because it sounds strange.

I am booked under early saver as well.   I keep submitting, they keep denying.  so, I call.  2 out of 3 times I was told I'd get OBC.  The 2nd time I called I didn't like the reasoning so I called back a day later and what do you know.....I DO qualify for a credit.  As for POK or whatever....it shouldn't matter...early saver is early saver I would think.  I'd try again.

28 minutes ago, bluesea4me said:

I am booked under early saver as well.   I keep submitting, they keep denying.  so, I call.  2 out of 3 times I was told I'd get OBC.  The 2nd time I called I didn't like the reasoning so I called back a day later and what do you know.....I DO qualify for a credit.  As for POK or whatever....it shouldn't matter...early saver is early saver I would think.  I'd try again.

Thank you. I will keep trying!

5 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Well at least it’s in the fine print.

Are you guys going to keep trying?

For whatever reason, this early saver rate really is only for new bookings. Both of my requests today were denied. I got a price drop and a better balcony with a VIFP rate anyway. Good thing cause I had a big drop with that POK rate. 

35 minutes ago, 1LoraL said:

Ok so new to cruising.....I'm looking at my original booking. Where do I see what type of booking that I made, such as the early saver? I booked myself online. Thank you for any help! 😊

I see which rate I booked in the writing at the bottom of my confirmation email.

I gave up on getting the OBC since P0K says new bookings only. None of the other new rates are lower than what I paid.

• Like 1

I just do not feel it’s is right to book an early saver rate 12 months ago and with the intention that it is price protected. It is not right for Carnival to come up with a new rate that circumvent it’s original contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benbrook said:

I just do not feel it’s is right to book an early saver rate 12 months ago and with the intention that it is price protected. It is not right for Carnival to come up with a new rate that circumvent it’s original contract.

It’s definitely not right and it will certainly pass through my mind when I’m deciding what cruise line to book next. 

I guess in their minds they need the money more than the customer satisfaction

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thewynn said:

What is the P0K rate? I don’t see that as an offered rate for my wife or myself. 

It's rates that are being offered for upcoming cruises in Jan and Feb.  Apparently, not everyone is getting these offers.  Here are a couple of examples:

Cruise Prices.jpg

Does applying for the difference in price affect OBC if you've already paid in full? We have $100 already from our original booking and would love to tack on the difference to that, but don't want to submit if we would lose it (since the difference is less than $100) 

Carnival is no help because when you try calling, it just says everyone is busy and hangs up on you 🙄

2 hours ago, Mobius said:

Does applying for the difference in price affect OBC if you've already paid in full? We have $100 already from our original booking and would love to tack on the difference to that, but don't want to submit if we would lose it (since the difference is less than $100) 

Carnival is no help because when you try calling, it just says everyone is busy and hangs up on you 🙄

If you do the price protection form you are taking on the new rate plan, so you lose any OBC associated with your original booking.