How do you know when check in will open?

jjlabre

We would like to check in online as soon as it opens.  Can somebody tell me how to know the exact date that you are able to check in?  When I click on check in on the app it says "We're still gathering all the cruise fun, check in is not open yet.  Check back closer to your sail date for updates."  Will they send us an email a few days before they open or is it available a certain number of days prior to sailing?

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, jjlabre said:

Thank you so much!  I never would have known to do that.  I really appreciate your help. Can you check in at midnight or what is the earliest time they open for online check in? 

Midnight eastern time. ..though keep a eye on it. 1230 was the earliest time when I checked in. Later my friend said she moved it up to noon and sure enough later on they opened up check in half a hour earlier. I guess capacity is rising.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Midnight eastern time. ..though keep a eye on it. 1230 was the earliest time when I checked in. Later my friend said she moved it up to noon and sure enough later on they opened up check in half a hour earlier. I guess capacity is rising.

Is it midnight or noon? I'm confused by your response.

Also, what is required for check-in? I want to be ready when I log in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I think you are misreading... my post says midnight EST 45 days out I  checked in. 

It also says to keep a eye on it as when I checked in the earliest boarding time was 12:30 but they moved it up half a hour to allow boarding at 12.00. No one boards at midnight.. boarding is at noon now texas time. I'm saying a earlier boarding time was added later and you could switch to it. 

If that's not clear, after you reread it, I give up. .. I'm alerting you to keep watching after you check in because new earlier times were added. I changed from 1230 tom1200 .. yes noon to board. After the new earlier time opened up. 

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think you are misreading... my post says midnight EST 45 days out I  checked in. 

It also says to keep a eye on it as when I checked in the earliest boarding time was 12:30 but they moved it up half a hour to allow boarding at 12.00. No one boards at midnight.. boarding is at noon now texas time. I'm saying a earlier boarding time was added later and you could switch to it. 

If that's not clear, after you reread it, I give up. .. I'm alerting you to keep watching after yoo).u check in because new earlier times were added. I changed from 1230 tom1200 .. yes noon to board. After the new earlier time opened up. 

Sorry - I understand now.  I thought both times referred to when you could check-in on-line, not at the port.  (BTW - I DO know no one boards at midnight.)

Can anyone answer my second question?

"Also, what is required for check-in? I want to be ready when I log in."

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Sorry - I understand now.  I thought both times referred to when you could check-in on-line, not at the port.  (BTW - I DO know no one boards at midnight.)

We needed our personal information, our passport numbers, and a credit card number for our shipboard account. This is a change because you used to be able to 'save and exit' and I didn't see that option this time.

FYI, for our Odyssey cruise, the earliest check-in time for cruise day was available  at 11 a.m. 

40 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

10 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I set my alarm for 12:05am and was able to get the earliest slot: 11:30am.  You will need: passport, vaccine card and credit card to set up account.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I had to upload a head and shoulders shot online to check in for a boarding time. Later someone said pull up the app and upload your vaccination card. I think someone said it's faster to use the app to get a boarding time .. can skip the head and shoulders shot we did online. My friend took a camera shot of my passport picture for the picture of me they wanted. 

Yes I'm talking about 2 kinds of checking in .. 45 days out to choose boarding time ... then at the port.

I just last week uploaded my vaccine card for 12/12 on the app. Online didnt ask for it.

Someone posted in my roll call that his vaccine card showed a green check mark now. Before that I didnt know the app wanted it. 

It took 2 of us to check me in. I was on carnival breeze without internet and a friend was helping do it online. Just my luck the 45 days was while I was on another cruiseline.

Edited by firefly333

For quite a while, our Oasis March 6th sailing has shown January 20th as the day we can check-in (45 days ahead) on my phone's Royal app.  I noticed this morning it moved to January 23rd... 42 days ahead.  January 23rd is a Sunday.  I'm not sure why it changed from the 20th.  

18 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

For quite a while, our Oasis March 6th sailing has shown January 20th as the day we can check-in (45 days ahead) on my phone's Royal app.  I noticed this morning it moved to January 23rd... 42 days ahead.  January 23rd is a Sunday.  I'm not sure why it changed from the 20th.  

Ok - something was up with the app.  It just changed back to January 20th.  Weird.