Chef's Table Questions

ISHCruising

On 12/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I often "pause and think" when I'm on many cruises, particularly the 3-5 days ones, where the CD will be blaring out over the PA that this is going to be a "Vacation of a lifetime". I understand that we are all fortunate enough to be on a ship to begin with - but, for me at least, it's difficult to imagine that the shorter ones (in particular) will be anything to write home about!

Tom

A lot of people may only be able to afford one cruise in their lifetime, or maybe every decade etc.

I’ve done chefs table about 6 times on Carnival & highly recommend it.  It’s a fun night & I’ve always had a wonderful meal (fortunately, I’ve never been served well done steak, or $5 wine! 😁).  I have it booked on my next cruise in 3 weeks! 

Also, for future reference.. I just did Chefs table on Royal Caribbean 3 weeks ago.   It was also excellent & I will do it again with them, but I think Carnival does a better job. 👍     

Question on tipping for the Chef's table.   Do they present a check wallet at the end of the experience where you add the tip to your shipboard account?   I'm assuming the customary meal tip is expected?  Do you tip as a whole, or for each of the individuals involved?   Any insight would help.  We are doing the Chefs table on the Radiance in a week and this will be our first time doing this.

19 hours ago, LRDR01 said:

Question on tipping for the Chef's table.   Do they present a check wallet at the end of the experience where you add the tip to your shipboard account?   I'm assuming the customary meal tip is expected?  Do you tip as a whole, or for each of the individuals involved?   Any insight would help.  We are doing the Chefs table on the Radiance in a week and this will be our first time doing this.

Not as far as I know. I was charged gratuity as part of the experience. I guess you could tip more .

• Like 1