Captains Club Second Guest Free (limited)

wrk2cruise

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The thing that caught my eye was the $8420 pp price for a 12 day cruise in a sky suite. That equates to $700 per person per day. Doesn’t that sound a little steep?

I never commented on the value proposition, only on the "glitch" comment. Are you saying that every seemingly overpriced fare is a glitch?

I got the email on Wednesday.   We are Elite with an upcoming cruise on the Silhouette in January.  I couldn't pass up the deal, so I booked the Silhouette for December 13, also.  I even got the same room for both cruises..  Different itineraries.  I guess Celebrity knew who they were targeting when they sent me that email! 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When you go to "fake" book it online, don't forget to enter your CC number in the "See If You Qualify" section.

I did 

They only offer me 50% off.

They just sent me the email today.

May I know what is the code in order to apply

Edited by verizon

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what is the date of your cruise, and it doesn't appear to work if you select a guaranteed rate?

I can pick any one as I live in Florida now.

I did another booking.They just double the prices and then take out the 2nd guest fair.

Edited by verizon

3 minutes ago, verizon said:

I can pick any one as I live in Florida.

I did another booking.They just double the prices and then take out the 2nd guest fair.

Just as a test pick an Aqua class cabin on the 10 day Dec 13 cruise on the Connie and see what happens. This is what I got when I put my daughter's CC number in.

AquaClass Stateroom

First Guest

$2,969.00

Second Guest

$2,969.00

Discounts

CC PREVIEW

-$315.00

FREE 2ND GUEST

-$2,969.00

Always Included℠ - Refundable

$600.00

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

Dining

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included at select venues

Exclusive Access to Blu

Taxes & Fees

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses

$314.00

It looks like our CVP today, our person on the "inside", was able to secure the 2 for 1 deal on the last sky suite on the Dec 13th cruise which will now make our upcoming cruise a 21 day B2B. Here's another reason why we keep booking with our CVP rather than our TA who gets all of our other bookings! 😎

I just wanted to add, we did not get the email, probably because we already had a December booking. So if you're someone that wants to turn your December cruise into a B2B using a cruise that sails on or before Dec 16, there is hope. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

I agree it should work for a new booking.   My friend was trying to reprice a booking she had made 2 days prior and was not successful even with a 3 way call with Resolutions dept and TA.  They did give some OBC since she had spent most of the day on the phone trying to resolve with one captains club rep saying she could make the change but would need authorization from the TA.   In the end she was satisfied but just wished they would educate their call center staff to avoid all the confusion.

• Like 1

Just had some more good news regarding this sale. Our daughter and her spouse found out about the deal and wanted to go on our Dec 13th cruise if they could get the 2 for 1 deal on a sky suite. One problem, neither of them have ever sailed with =X= before.

We put her in touch with our CVP. To make a long story shorter, if you try to book a Sky Suite Guarantee online, the adjusted price per person, to include the 50% off for the second person (Black Friday Sale), is $2,444 with zero perks for a bottom-line total to include taxes and fees of $5,202.

Our CVP, unfortunately, was not able to get them the 2 for 1 deal because they had never sailed with =X= before. However, she was able to book them a Sky Suite Guarantee with all of the suite perks to include $1100 in OBC ($800 for SS perk and $300 for the Black Friday sale) for a bottom-line price of $6,252, a difference of $1,050. So, basically, they paid $1,050 for $1,100 in OBC plus all of the suite perks (free grats, free streaming and free premium beverage package). 

So, just because the Suite Guarantee price online states "cruise only", it definitely can be modified to your advantage if you have (in our case) a CVP on the inside. Just wanted to pass that along just in case you run into a similar situation.

Edited by Ken the cruiser