Problem with eMed Covid test kit

Elkins45

On 12/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, styles27 said:

We bought 6 for our cruise on Divina a couple of weeks ago and fortunately the 2 we used were okay. (We were in FL for a week before our cruise so I took all 6 tests with us just in case)

Just booked a cruise for Jan 8 on Seashore and would you believe our remaining 4 tests expire ONE day before we need to test on the 6th?🤦🏻‍♀️
We will be staying in Miami for 4 nights before the cruise and I’m worried we won’t find a place to have a rapid test done,  so I ordered more this week and they’re on the way. 

Did you have any issues with your Binax test being accepted at the cruise terminal? I did on the Meriviglia in Miami on 10/13 though Phissy had no issues on the same cruise. They eventually let me on.

I'm also booked on the Seashore on January 8th. I have 2 more tests which I need to check for the REAL expiration date, but I am also wondering if I should go a different way. It wasn't fun to be kicked out of line with a red sticker stuck on my shirt because they said an antigen test wasn't good. Yet in a recent email regarding my Seashore sailing, MSC says that test will be just fine.

I bought the last 2 just for insurance, as I had heard of issues with the test. So I have one to use and a backup, if they are even still in date.

30 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

Did you have any issues with your Binax test being accepted at the cruise terminal? I did on the Meriviglia in Miami on 10/13 though Phissy had no issues on the same cruise. They eventually let me on.

I'm also booked on the Seashore on January 8th. I have 2 more tests which I need to check for the REAL expiration date, but I am also wondering if I should go a different way. It wasn't fun to be kicked out of line with a red sticker stuck on my shirt because they said an antigen test wasn't good. Yet in a recent email regarding my Seashore sailing, MSC says that test will be just fine.

I bought the last 2 just for insurance, as I had heard of issues with the test. So I have one to use and a backup, if they are even still in date.

Oh no that’s not good!  Did you do the tele health monitored version? I’m sure you did  but just thought I’d ask. 

No we didn’t have any trouble getting on Divina. 

I did print out the results so I had a paper copy and they commented that they liked that vs showing results on someone’s phone. 

1 minute ago, styles27 said:

Oh no that’s not good!  Did you do the tele health monitored version? I’m sure you did  but just thought I’d ask. 

No we didn’t have any trouble getting on Divina. 

I did print out the results so I had a paper copy and they commented that they liked that vs showing results on someone’s phone. 

Yes, and I had the print out with me. They took one look at that and stuck the red sticker on me. After that I bounced from one individual to another. Finally a frustrated supervisor called and discussed with several people, then told me to follow her upstairs. I did and she told them I was good to go. She wasn't supposed to leave her post, but she was determined to help me out. I told her I really appreciated it.

They had just started allowed non US citizens to cruise, and they needed a better test than Binax. However I am a US citizen. I wanted to tell them to look at their own website, but it was down that day for maintenance.

I learned what a lot of you have already stated. Once you are on the ship things work very well. Off the ship it's a circus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

Yes, and I had the print out with me. They took one look at that and stuck the red sticker on me. After that I bounced from one individual to another. Finally a frustrated supervisor called and discussed with several people, then told me to follow her upstairs. I did and she told them I was good to go. She wasn't supposed to leave her post, but she was determined to help me out. I told her I really appreciated it.

They had just started allowed non US citizens to cruise, and they needed a better test than Binax. However I am a US citizen. I wanted to tell them to look at their own website, but it was down that day for maintenance.

I learned what a lot of you have already stated. Once you are on the ship things work very well. Off the ship it's a circus.

Ugh thank goodness the supervisor helped you. 
We boarded that same day on Divina

I was expecting a disaster since the website was down for maintenance but we were on the ship in less than 15 min. 

I’m not looking forward to embarkation in Miami next month for our Seashore cruise. It sounds like they’re very disorganized. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, alyssamma said:

Actually, some places (like Ohio) give them away free at the library. Might be other giv resources to get them for free also.

Rural areas in Virginia have the same free program offered by the Virginia Department of Health and local libraries.  eMed personnel proctor the Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’m not looking forward to embarkation in Miami next month for our Seashore cruise. It sounds like they’re very disorganized. 

We got on Divina yesterday in Miami and it was very smooth.  Probably helped that there’s only 900 on board and our boarding time was between 10 and 10:30, the earliest I’ve ever been asked to report.  We were on board by 11:00 as we had to wait for the all clear after check in.  There are only 32 in yacht club so it’s really great service!

We used the eMed proctored home test but did a drive through rapid antigen test, too, just to cover all bases.  They seemed to be satisfied with either.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, revrick3 said:

Totally disagree with your answer Homosassa . Seems you may have a beef to vent. I have studied there site for hours to see what I missed. Nothing on the web site when I ordered about an issue with expiration dates or even the 3 month extension. When purchased there site gave no info on 3 month extension unless you go to the refund page and they reference a link to this letter. Took me quite some time to find it myself. Would you not think this would be upfront. There should also be something on site about life expectancy of tests etc. From their website emed, msc dirctives and airline directive you must take this 2 days prior. Thats a given.

Explain to me why that a company who provides tests for all travel options to test for covid doesnt give some info on expirations and dates. If I am being mandated to take this and the travel industry all recommends this test dont you think there should be a little more transparency prior to purchase. There are several statements on many websites about getting these early for future travel to be certain you are tested timely and not having to scramble. That is not my way to work to wait until last minute. I ordered them middle of Sept to travel first of Jan. Thats about 3 and half months out.Planning ahead and being proactive. Thats what all travelers are supposed to do. I have traveled my entire life extensively and all this is new to each of us. About your statement that I am medicaly naivete about expiration dates thats a stretch as you have no idea who I am. Dont make rash judgements or conclusion about a person just because of a forum statement, even when it may sound ridiculous to you.  Reminds me of social networks where people trash and destroy others without knowing who they are. This is done as there are usually no repercusions to deal with. I would never put a statement such as that in response to a forum entry. So many other ways to answer in more polite ways. You might feel I am wrong and made a huge mistake but that is your option. That is ok. I have my own also. But I wont make frank statements about someone intelect or ability to understand expiration. Sorry I upset you but please be more considerate in your responses

Seriously? You are blaming the company for your lack of knowledge on how things work?

Hint: The coffee at McDonald's is hot....

We used Binax NOW telemonitored Covid 19 test before our cruise last month.

Even after losing connection during test, quickly able to get me back with proctor to finish test.

Embarkation folks thanked us for printed test results. Much easier for them to read.

Brought 2 for possible test after week 1 of B2B. MSC performed test for free.

We repeated test ( without tele proctor) after arriving  home to confirm our negative status.

• Like 1

This has been quite a journey to get this fixed. I also had to block a certain poster who wont stop the attacks.

I contacted the company and explained the situation and customer service said the web site stated that no refunds were made for expiration dates. Well I had him elevate me to another person who was more helpful. I wrote an email to them to explain in writing what was going on and within 24 hours they responded with an email that they apologized for this and were sending me a box to replace the 6 that are expiring. They are sending them free of charge so now I am curious to see expiration date when I get them. They could not give me a date on the new expiratioins. Hopefully this is going to get better soon. Thanks guys and have great cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revrick3 said:

This has been quite a journey to get this fixed. I also had to block a certain poster who wont stop the attacks.

I contacted the company and explained the situation and customer service said the web site stated that no refunds were made for expiration dates. Well I had him elevate me to another person who was more helpful. I wrote an email to them to explain in writing what was going on and within 24 hours they responded with an email that they apologized for this and were sending me a box to replace the 6 that are expiring. They are sending them free of charge so now I am curious to see expiration date when I get them. They could not give me a date on the new expiratioins. Hopefully this is going to get better soon. Thanks guys and have great cruising.

That’s great I’m glad they’re sending you some more tests and fingers crossed the expiration dates will work for you. 

Concerning the member you had to block I wonder how many of us need to block this person before the administrators on this site will ban him/her. 
This is a great community but it only takes a handful of malcontents to ruin it for those of us who truly want to help each other by sharing our experiences. 

• Like 1

Styles27 thanks for response, yep I am hoping this batch is going to be good. About the member, this is the first time I have ever had to block someone. Never had This happen, I happened to see another topic as I was browsing and they posted a response on that topic and I was absolutely shocked at how they responded to this post. It was so rude what they replied. If that had been someone in my presence who spoke to me that way I might have popped them. And I am not a violent person, totally the opposite in fact. It was ridiculous and totally uncalled for. Too much negative in our world without having to worry about this on a forum.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, revrick3 said:

Styles27 thanks for response, yep I am hoping this batch is going to be good. About the member, this is the first time I have ever had to block someone. Never had This happen, I happened to see another topic as I was browsing and they posted a response on that topic and I was absolutely shocked at how they responded to this post. It was so rude what they replied. If that had been someone in my presence who spoke to me that way I might have popped them. And I am not a violent person, totally the opposite in fact. It was ridiculous and totally uncalled for. Too much negative in our world without having to worry about this on a forum.

Completely agree.
He or she has quite a track record of rude responses on here…in fact I’ve never seen a response by this person that wasn’t rude. 

I call them keyboard bullies. They’d never have the guts to speak like that to a person’s face. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, styles27 said:

That’s great I’m glad they’re sending you some more tests and fingers crossed the expiration dates will work for you. 

Concerning the member you had to block I wonder how many of us need to block this person before the administrators on this site will ban him/her. 
This is a great community but it only takes a handful of malcontents to ruin it for those of us who truly want to help each other by sharing our experiences. 

I'll probably get blocked and sanctioned before the group of folks out here who are allowed to continue the non sense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, styles27 said:

Completely agree.
He or she has quite a track record of rude responses on here…in fact I’ve never seen a response by this person that wasn’t rude. 

I call them keyboard bullies. They’d never have the guts to speak like that to a person’s face. 

That is one of the reasons I so dislike facebook and other social media. It allows people to say and start things without one ounce of repercusions. Nothing anyone can do and how it has destroyed so many people and their reputations. This happens without any hope of stopping it most of the time except close the account. This has began a new trend of attacks without facing someone and the results of your words. I consider this the most cowardly sort of conversation or conversations. I have personaly seen someone whose life was destroyed over one person starting attacks and rumors that went out of control. Hope someone notices this person. 

1 hour ago, revrick3 said:

Hope someone notices this person. 

Report the offending post(s) to the moderator(s) by clicking on the ellipses next to the post number, click on 'report' and explain your concern.  That has worked for me in the past.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bunny mom said:

I am desperate. My phone was unable to access the emed test. Boarding cruise ship tomorrow and don't know where i can get covid tested. Hotel staff not helpful. In Dania Beach sailing out of Ft Lauderdale Fl

@bunny momWhat a nightmare!

Have you checked the Florida Departures Board for recommendations?  Here are some current threads:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2812030-rapid-antigen-test-near-pier-and-airport-ft-lauderdale-see-below-2-locations/  Includes various options

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2817459-heres-a-great-place-for-a-quick-covid-test-near-port-everglades/ 

Also - if you flew into FLL you can show your ticket/receipt and get tested at the airport even if it was a day or two earlier.  https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

Edited by capriccio

1 hour ago, bunny mom said:

I am desperate. My phone was unable to access the emed test. Boarding cruise ship tomorrow and don't know where i can get covid tested. Hotel staff not helpful. In Dania Beach sailing out of Ft Lauderdale Fl

Did you download the NAVICA app?  That is the app you need to take the test not emed 

Also be sure in your phone’s settings you have microphone turned on for that app once you download it. 

Download the app and create a profile then you’ll see the option to take a test 

I’ll be up for a little while longer if you need any guidance. 

18 hours ago, bunny mom said:

My phone was unable to access the emed test.

Was your issue in getting ready to take the test? Or accessing the results of a test already taken?

If the former, each time I've done one I've had to use Safari instead of Chrome to access the eMed monitors. If the latter, you could get someone else to log into Navica with your credentials and email the PDF of the results.

21 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Was your issue in getting ready to take the test? Or accessing the results of a test already taken?

If the former, each time I've done one I've had to use Safari instead of Chrome to access the eMed monitors. If the latter, you could get someone else to log into Navica with your credentials and email the PDF of the results.

I also had to do this. I rarely use Safari, but if you on an iphone, you will need to use it.

• Like 1

We had one test kit without reagent in dropper bottle.

Called eMed and they took info such as lot number and expiration date.

Following  up - email today asking for address to send new kit. Looks like they will send 1 box with 1 kit.  Very easy and professional interaction.