Daniel Boulud Dinner...

Bo1953

2 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Bo, thanks for starting this topic! Thanks to all who contributed.  I just read through the 49 posts, learned a lot. The menu image was very helpful as were comments about quality & quantity of food. After weighing the cost, etc. I decided to go ahead and click through on the “book now” email from Celebrity re my late January cruise.

Oops! 

The only Chef’s Table time/date available for a cruise 45 days out is late afternoon, 5:30pm on embarkation day. Really? Well, all the good times must have been booked. No thanks.

Now that my appetite had been whetted, I turned to my Cruise Planner for my May 23 sailing. The only time/date available for that cruise is also late afternoon, 5:30pm on embarkation day.

Is that the only time they do the Chef’s Table? A glitch in the reservation system? What’s up?

Stan

That is the time that is always shown and is not the actual time for the event.  Actual date/time will be provided when you board!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Bo, thanks for starting this topic! Thanks to all who contributed.  I just read through the 49 posts, learned a lot. The menu image was very helpful as were comments about quality & quantity of food. After weighing the cost, etc. I decided to go ahead and click through on the “book now” email from Celebrity re my late January cruise.

Oops! 

The only Chef’s Table time/date available for a cruise 45 days out is late afternoon, 5:30pm on embarkation day. Really? Well, all the good times must have been booked. No thanks.

Now that my appetite had been whetted, I turned to my Cruise Planner for my May 23 sailing. The only time/date available for that cruise is also late afternoon, 5:30pm on embarkation day.

Is that the only time they do the Chef’s Table? A glitch in the reservation system? What’s up?

Stan

g - No embarkation day is the place holder for each dinner, as I understand it the dinner is held on a sea day, per most of those who have partaken in it.

Please let me know how you enjoyed it...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

g - No embarkation day is the place holder for each dinner, as I understand it the dinner is held on a sea day, per most of those who have partaken in it.

Please let me know how you enjoyed it...

Thanks canderson, Bo. I had thought I would have a selection of time and date, hate to leave that to someone else. But I'll go ahead and see what happens! And Bo, I'll give you my carnivorish opinion of the food, for what it is worth.

Stan

• Haha 1

Just now, GottaKnowWhen said:

Thanks canderson, Bo. I had thought I would have a selection of time and date, hate to leave that to someone else. But I'll go ahead and see what happens! And Bo, I'll give you my carnivorish opinion of the food, for what it is worth.

Stan

Especially the wines!!!

LOL

2 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

Wish my local butcher, and he's a good one, could promise me as good a cut of beef as they served up at this dinner when we attended.  

And if you're flying, be sure to leave extra weight available in a suitcase for the 5# book of recipes!  Comes with the meal.

3 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Oops! 

Stan

GottaKnowWhen, we booked the Chef's Table on our June cruise and you find out the day of the dinner on embarkation day.  It is just a placeholder.  I would recommend booking as once it is full it is full.  Also, if you dine, ask for the wines they will serve as part of the add-on as we were disappointed in the quality of the vino.  We have booked this again for our Jan 9th Southern Caribbean cruise.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, zitsky said:

Is the Boulud dinner done on all ships?  Was bored and tried to check on my cruise on Eclipse in 2023 and darn it, "those people" wouldn't tell me!  

I believe they are, your sailing for the dinner may be fully booked as such you would not be able to book it.

Check again under dining to be certain.

37 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I believe they are, your sailing for the dinner may be fully booked as such you would not be able to book it.

Check again under dining to be certain.

I think it's just too early.

• Thanks 1