Disembarkation in Seattle

luvtravel

We're scheduled to disembark the Regatta   in early June 2022 in Seattle.   The itinerary states the ship will be arriving in Seattle at 8:00am.   We can book a domestic flight from SeaTac for 11:10am.   We will either use the port's free luggage service to the airport or just walk off with our bags.   Since the ship is smaller I'm hoping we can get off by at least 8:30am and get an uber, taxi or private driver.  Wondering if anyone has recent experience with disembarking  from the smaller Oceania ships and if they actually do arrive earlier than they state.  8am does seem late to arrive.   Thanks for any help or input!!

1 hour ago, luvtravel said:

We're scheduled to disembark the Regatta   in early June 2022 in Seattle.   The itinerary states the ship will be arriving in Seattle at 8:00am.   We can book a domestic flight from SeaTac for 11:10am.   We will either use the port's free luggage service to the airport or just walk off with our bags.   Since the ship is smaller I'm hoping we can get off by at least 8:30am and get an uber, taxi or private driver.  Wondering if anyone has recent experience with disembarking  from the smaller Oceania ships and if they actually do arrive earlier than they state.  8am does seem late to arrive.   Thanks for any help or input!!

Arrival and disembarkation are not the same thing.

Pre-Covid (2019) on the Regatta with arrival in Seattle at around 8 a.m., we were easily off the ship by 8:45 and had no problem getting to our 11:30 flight at SEA-TAC.  Even this summer (2021) on Celebrity which used the same terminal as Oceania we got off the ship at 8;45, got a fixed rate cab and were at SEA-TAC by 9:20 a.m.  So as long as the ship arrives close to on time, a flight after 11 a.m. should be no problem.  We are sailing the Regatta in 2022 and have booked a flight home at 11:30 a.m. from SEA-TAC, which is an indication that we think the timing works.

Lived in Seattle many years.  If this is a mid week arrival, you are asking for issues.  Not enough time.  One fender bender anywhere in the system stops all traffic in that direction... and everything is north/south.  Once one route goes down, everyone jumps for one of the two others.

If it is mid week, allow at least 1.5 hours to get to the airport.

Saturday, maybe take 15 min off that.

Sunday, you might just make it...

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input on being able to make the 11:10 flight.    The next flight we'd take isn't til 5:15pm....so a long time in between.   I know we definitely could find something to do in Seattle  - except if its raining!!      Still deciding if we want to chance it!   Thanks again.

2 hours ago, luvtravel said:

Go to Portseattle.org - on that website search for complimentary valet luggage service. 

That looks interesting, but does it work with all cruise lines? Seems they would need to participate in it also. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, pinotlover said:

Would not personally book anything before noon.

What about right at noon on a Monday? My 2pm flight just got pushed back to 3pm which means a 10pm arrival back here in the East and I'd rather not do that. The only other real option is the noon but I don't want to be pushing it but don't want to be sitting around the airport for 3+ hours either. 

11 minutes ago, tmoore4075 said:

What about right at noon on a Monday? My 2pm flight just got pushed back to 3pm which means a 10pm arrival back here in the East and I'd rather not do that. The only other real option is the noon but I don't want to be pushing it but don't want to be sitting around the airport for 3+ hours either. 

I would go with the noon flight and hope for the best. Wouldn’t do an 11:00 however. Pre-arrange a car and driver to meet you at the terminal.

Interstate 5 runs through the center of Seattle, but the heaviest traffic, and most traffic jams, are coming into the city in the morning.  You will be going our of the city entering I5 just south of city center, in the direction of the airport, where it is usually free flowing.

On 12/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, luvtravel said:

Security at SEA   can be a bind...    If your traveling  coach  that can be a problem   United has a "fast Track for folks at premier level that is worth considering.    Its a dream to self carry and hit the taxi rank   fast and easy.   

We’re on a Mexican Riviera cruise in May disembarking in San Pedro, booked our own air out of LAX  to PDX on Alaska Air with a 1:20 pm departure.   Received a notice on Friday  that the departure time had been changed to 11:10 am by Alaska Air. Called our TA to see if that would work, she called Oceania who told her no flights should be booked before noon.  

You may want to contact Oceania to see what they say about your planned flight time. 

Edited by LNielsen