Freedom Quarantine

Hi everyone,

Hopefully my family of 5 and I will be going on Freedom in April. We carefully selected 8500 because it is a spacious ocean view that actually has 3 separate rooms with doors that close between them (the only one on the ship.) However, I read on another forum that Freedom may be using the fwd section of deck 8 for passengers or crew that need to quarantine. I am fearful that we will get cancelled or bumped. Due to having to cancel and rebook multiple times due to covid this vacation is a long time coming and was booked at an unheard of price- I would hate to have to change cabins or dates again. Does anyone have any insight re: sections of the ship being used for quarantine? Has anyone stayed all the way fwd on deck 8 recently? Thanks for any insight you might provide. Brett

44 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Does anyone have any insight re: sections of the ship being used for quarantine?

Considering this could change at any time or whatever you heard could be totally bogus, there's no need to worry at this time. Check your cabin assignment about every two weeks to confirm it hasn't changed, but you are the least likely to get moved.

I had been thinking about quarantine rooms as well. Luckily no one here has had to use yet, but I am wondering if they have balcony cabins if that is what you paid for or do they put everyone in inside cabins?

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Considering this could change at any time or whatever you heard could be totally bogus, there's no need to worry at this time. Check your cabin assignment about every two weeks to confirm it hasn't changed, but you are the least likely to get moved.

This is true and I am trying not to worry, but balancing that with this being such an important experience for us. Why do you feel we are the least likely to get moved?

I would not stress over it because unfortunately you won’t know until you get on the ship.  We had an ocean view room and everything was fine looked normal until we were at the gang way ready to board, the lady scanned our sail pass and said “ummmm where the is the third person assigned to this room” we said there is no third that we are aware of, she said proceed immediately to guest services, and of course they needed the ocean view rooms to be quarantine rooms and we were bumped to a balcony room.  What else can we do but to say thank you and no worries.  Even if it was a downgrade I am sure they would have made concessions.

22 hours ago, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

a fellow cruiser who is a doctor told me that there's a full hospital including surgical suite and morgue on the ship.  

Not quite,  a well equipped medical facility and a small morgue yes.  A full hospital and surgical suite?? Not likely.

1 hour ago, JuliaMS said:

It doesn't make much sense they would use deck 8 and not a deck closer to the medical facility.

Keep in mind that new staff coming on board need to quarantine before they can start working. According to Jordan Bauth these days that's for a week instead of the earlier 2 weeks. 

I don't think this is the covid infected/suspected quarantine which should be down by the medical center. 

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I would not stress over it because unfortunately you won’t know until you get on the ship.  We had an ocean view room and everything was fine looked normal until we were at the gang way ready to board, the lady scanned our sail pass and said “ummmm where the is the third person assigned to this room” we said there is no third that we are aware of, she said proceed immediately to guest services, and of course they needed the ocean view rooms to be quarantine rooms and we were bumped to a balcony room.  What else can we do but to say thank you and no worries.  Even if it was a downgrade I am sure they would have made concessions.

I hear you but do to our kids' ages, we picked this 3 room unique cabin. We would likely cancel if it was taken away from us.

20 hours ago, death_star said:

Keep in mind that new staff coming on board need to quarantine before they can start working. According to Jordan Bauth these days that's for a week instead of the earlier 2 weeks. 

I don't think this is the covid infected/suspected quarantine which should be down by the medical center. 

Yes, I believe that is what I read. It was for new staff allegedly. 

18 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Dang, just go on the cruise and enjoy it.  You can't worry about things you can't control. Everytime you turn around, there is another rumor.

Thanks for your candor, but if we cannot have the set up we booked, we would to likely choose to cancel/postpone. I understand there are lots of rumors, that is why I posted to inquire if others had additional information. 

5 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Thanks for your candor, but if we cannot have the set up we booked, we would to likely choose to cancel/postpone. I understand there are lots of rumors, that is why I posted to inquire if others had additional information. 

But you posted on the "rumor board".  All you are doing is asking for more rumors to add to your worries.  

4 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I hear you but do to our kids' ages, we picked this 3 room unique cabin. We would likely cancel if it was taken away from us.

I know that wouldn't change the disappointment but perhaps the "Cruise with Confidence" program offers relief if that were to happen?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-with-confidence?country=AUS