Australia in March need advice

joiedevivre

I know this has been answered. March is wet season in Queensland. Is it worth going all the way to Australia to snorkel the GBR in March.? Excursions are expensive. Why do ships go during wet season? I want my Australian. Raise to be a positive experience. Thx

Why is because it's a repositioning cruise at the end of the season; heading north.  My visit to the Barrier Reef was also on a north bound repositioning cruise, at about the same time of year.  We happened to get good weather.  If we hadn't, well, we were going to get wet anyway.

March is the end of our main cruise season so ships are repositioning then. Also there is demand for Queensland cruises all through our summer as many overseas visitors want to experience as much as possible when coming down under, usually combining a NZ cruise with a Queensland one. NZ cruises do not operate during our winter as sea and weather conditions there can be quite bad then. So the only option for combined cruises is our summer. 

Wet season doesn't necessarily mean solid rain all day long. It often means just heavy showers for an hour or so. It will be hot and humid but if you're going to snorkel the reef you'll cool off in the sea.

• 3 months later...

Cruising mid March to 1st of May. Weather and sea state can vary day to day, but trying to decide between Mid Forward mini on Lido deck, or a Mini on Aloha deck. What do 'locals" say about cruising durning this time. We want to do this as it hits all on our list, NZ, Great Barrier, Rottness Island, Vietnam. We like the motion as we normally go full aft. Just did a 7 day Mexican Riv on Carnival Panorama in a mid forward room on the Lido and Loved the room, Carnival not so.

Mahalo.