Final Payment Due Next Month for Alaska Cruise (May 2022) -- Would You Hesitate to Pay It...?

Yo Adrienne

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure why you keep telling the OP that she's wrong. She has a 120 day final payment. And it is not "may", NCL has a well published cancellation/final payment policy. 

Because there are more than 120 days between this month and May.  And my message was not directed at the OP.  Please try to keep up.

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Because there are more than 120 days between this month and May.  And my message was not directed at the OP.  Please try to keep up.

10 of the 52 posts on here belong to you , me thinks thou dost drone on to much

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

10 of the 52 posts on here belong to you , me thinks thou dost drone on to much

Wow.  You took the time to count?  I think you're exaggerating, but I'm not going to waste my time fact checking.  You were clearly wrong in at least one of your posts and this is your comeback?  My posts were mostly about the discussion.  Yours, not so much....   You're funny!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

NCL's changing policy on final payment date has produced a strange anomaly.  The OP's cruise departs on 1 May, with payment due on 1 January.  We have a cruise that departs just over a week earlier on 23 April, but our due date is not until 23 February.

Yes, cruises that depart April 30 have the 60 day prior to embarkation final payment due schedule.  After that, Haven bookings go up to final payment (for Haven) being due 120 days out.  

Needless to say, we're hoping the 60 day final payment policy gets extended through May...! 🙂 

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We would not have any hesitation on making final payment. We have been on 3 post-restart cruises and enjoyed every one. We have 4 booked next year so far (with final payment dates approaching). And we intend to may all payments. 

It's mostly that the final payment due schedule changes to 120 day prior to embarkation...rather than the 60 days that it is for cruises departing prior to May 1.  (I don't think we'd have much hesitation if it were the 60 days.) 

We've got our fingers crossed that they extend the 60 day final payment due policy in time to cover us. 🙂

On 12/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Yes, of course. Any sailing that has limited supply compared to demand doesn't fit into my strategy. I do admit that I do not include POA in my spreadsheet price tracker. Having lived in Hawaii back in the 80's and spending the last two winters in Maui, a Hawaiian cruise has little appeal for me so I don't track it's pricing. 

But a May Alaska cruise? I'd bet my entire farm those prices will drop.

They just did (drop).  I repriced a May AK cruise and the price dropped $400 (plus I picked up the triple bonus point promo).

19 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They just did (drop).  I repriced a May AK cruise and the price dropped $400 (plus I picked up the triple bonus point promo).

Congrats.... I suspect that will be the first of many drops on this sailing. 

PS: Off OP's topic but when are you supposed to sail Hawaii? It's starting to look like another extension of the shut down there.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

23 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Congrats.... I suspect that will be the first of many drops on this sailing. 

PS: Off OP's topic but when are you supposed to sail Hawaii? It's starting to look like another extension of the shut down there.

Thanks.  We have Hawaii and AK both booked in May.  We'll do one or the other (or none) depending on Covid status and other personal issues.  I'm hoping NCL will (again) push the final payment date out so that May cruises will  have 60 or 90 day deadlines.  If they stick with 120, we may have to cancel both of those.  To your earlier points, and our earlier discussion, there is a good chance that we could ultimately rebook the AK cruise closer to May when prices may have dropped further and there is still a good selection of rooms.  DD stays in a studio, which are all basically created equal.  DW and I can just choose whatever looks good at that point.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat for my Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in May. Hawaii is supposed to allow cruising to resume in Jan but with this new variant who knows?? Hawaii is very quick to lock down. Hopefully Hawaii will announce early January before my final payment date. I agree with others, NCL needs to leave final at 60 days until virus is under control worldwide

Edited by njkate

1 hour ago, njkate said:

I'm in the same boat for my Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in May. Hawaii is supposed to allow cruising to resume in Jan but with this new variant who knows?? Hawaii is very quick to lock down. Hopefully Hawaii will announce early January before my final payment date. I agree with others, NCL needs to leave final at 60 days until virus is under control worldwide

Hawaii will need to announce before beginning of January considering Del Rio said it would take 60 days to ready a ship and the first sailing is scheduled for January 22nd. I just spoke to my landlord in Maui and he doesn't anticipate further restrictions for Hawaii, but he also doesn't anticipate cruises starting up in January given the current climate.

• Like 1

Counting the days - - -

Calendar = January 31 days = February 28 = March 31 = April 30 = and May 31

Read f i n e print - - -

What cabin class are you in ? Havens and Suites have a separate different payment schedule - - -

Booked through with a TA maybe a different set of payment periods - Ask your TA !

Down payments -

Final Payment - - -

Using Cruise Credits may change the timing of payments - - -

AND then any additions added

NOT Free Airfare plans

Beverage plans

Dining Plans

Shore Excursions

Port Transfers

Wi-Fi

and late Insurance add on 10 days grace ?

Caution in cancelling that you do not cancel a day later starting the penalty period of refunds.

See a better deal - is it really a better deal ? - cancelling and rebooking losing the previous

perks bonuses extras - is the sea really bluer on the other side of the ship (there is no grass

at sea - LOL !) 

In most cases the time of recognition is MidNight Eastern Time (Think time in Miami -

NCL Headquarters)

Don't default having your cruise ship turn into a barge destination the Sargasso Sea

garbage dump - - - 

I spoke to our NCL cruise consultant yesterday & voiced our concerns.  As I said in a previous post our cruise was back to back Northern Europe & Baltic in May.  He said he is hoping that NCL will include May cruises in the 60 day final payment plan.  If not, we will cancel.  Too much money to tie up for that length of time with so much uncertainty right now.