I got an aft cabin!

zwallace

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thank you, we figured a nice way to celebrate my retirement.  My husband will still be working, though he is self employed and can easily work from the ship.  He is a tiny bit jealous though, LOL.

Ha, ha, but younger right?

20 minutes ago, Oville said:

Oh man you’ll love it.  We’ve stayed in that cabin.

For 11268 balcony, is it sheltered from the elements, I.e intense sun, rain, wind?  It looks very deep so I’m guessing it is??

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I so debated between aft SS for upcoming EDGE cruise and MC SS.  Just was able to have my TA make the changes to aft for 3 legs of a 52 day cruise, 4th leg I’ll move to a different suite but will be worth it.

Are you doing the Edge Rome to Sydney 2023 cruise?  I am so jealous.  

2 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I booked the aft on the Beyond because I didn't want an Infinity cabin.

If you do not like the IV cabins, we don’t,  it's either an aft or suite as a choice for traditional balcony on E Class.

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I am yes and totally excited for this cruise(s).

We are doing the Edge in March-April 2024 New Zealand/Australia for 21 nights and plan to book from Sydney to Hawaii after the repositioning cruise is announced next year. Our April 5th Australia cruise is the last one scheduled for the 2024 season. Doing all of this in a Sky Suite may just spoil us.

From what we hear the Edge will be in Alaska for the summer 2024 season.

Edited by terrydtx

Just now, Croooser said:

Once you go aft, you always go back.

My only complaint about the aft facing cabins is on hot summer itineraries in the Caribbean there is no wind and they do get hot in the midafternoons. But they are great in the mornings and evenings.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are doing the Edge in March-April 2024 New Zealand/Australia for 21 nights and plan to book from Sydney to Hawaii after the repositioning cruise is announced next year. Our April 5th Australia cruise is the last one scheduled for the 2024 season. Doing all of this in a Sky Suite may just spoil us.

From what we hear the Edge will be in Alaska for the summer 2024 season.

Those NZ/Australia itineraries are spectacular.  On a separate thread I posted here a few good folks that live there shared some very helpful info and great pics of the sounds in NZ.

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Those NZ/Australia itineraries are spectacular.  On a separate thread I posted here a few good folks that live there shared some very helpful info and great pics of the sounds in NZ.

That is what we have heard, my sister and BIL are doing the first leg with us. Our roll calls on both cruises are loaded mostly with people from Australia, and they are already a wealth of valuable information. We are thinking about flying to Sydney on Fiji Airline and stopping in Fiji for a few nights before the cruise. Fiji, at least next year, has the best business class rates to Sydney from the US.

Edited by terrydtx

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is what we have heard, my sister and BIL are doing the first leg with us. Our roll calls on both cruises are loaded mostly with people from Australia, and they are already a wealth of valuable information. We are thinking about fly to Sydney on Fiji Airline and stopping in Fiji for a few nights before the cruise.

Nice.  We plan to do 5 days in Sydney after the cruise, just not looking forward to 21 hours flight back to Boston.

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Nice.  We plan to do 5 days in Sydney after the cruise, just not looking forward to 21 hours flight back to Boston.

That is why we are looking at Fiji with a stop in Fiji. It is 13 hours from LAX to Fiji and only 3 hours from Fiji to Sydney. We will fly from San Antonio to LAX in the afternoon, the Fiji flights leave between 11pm and midnight. Coming home we will be in Hawaii so only 10 hours home. Found out that Celebrity air uses Fiji so we can book and pay at final payment.

24 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

When we flew to  Sydney, we overnighted in LA to break it up. I was worried about the 13 hour flight from LAX. It leaves at night and you sleep the whole way. They keep the shades down and do not interrupt you until very close to arrival. It was much easier than I had imagined and the only issue on return was a lot of turbulence. We flew Qantas but Air New Zealand is also very good.

8 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I booked the aft on the Beyond because I didn't want an Infinity cabin.

We just sailed on Apex in an aft cabin on Deck 8. We really liked the view and had a balcony long enough to have a lounger plus two chairs and a small table. The overhang is not very big, so if if it rains there isn't a lot of protection. But it does permit you to get a great look at the stars on clear nights.  We did get some minimal black soot from the ship's smoke. Some times the smoke was pretty low hanging seemingly right over our balcony. 

Another small disadvantage is that it is definitely a long walk from the elevator to the back of the ship. 

I did that cruise with a knee injury so it was a challenge to do that walk, but if I had been in condition I wouldn't have minded.

I would gladly book this same cabin again. I really, really don't care for the Infinite Balcony concept at all. Trouble is, these aft balconies are so popular they can be hard to book. That leaves you with the "porthole" balconies that have their own drawbacks  with their narrowed view and location or get a much more expensive suite. My wish is that when and if Celebrity designs a new class of ship, the choices for those who prefer traditional balconies will be far greater than they are on Edge Class ships.

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

When we flew to  Sydney, we overnighted in LA to break it up. I was worried about the 13 hour flight from LAX. It leaves at night and you sleep the whole way. They keep the shades down and do not interrupt you until very close to arrival. It was much easier than I had imagined and the only issue on return was a lot of turbulence. We flew Qantas but Air New Zealand is also very good.

This cruise first leg starts in Rome so piece o’ cake from Boston. Thanks for the air info I will share with my TA.  Hope you are doing well TB and that you enjoyed your time with your family in Orange County.

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

This cruise first leg starts in Rome so piece o’ cake from Boston. Thanks for the air info I will share with my TA.  Hope you are doing well TB and that you enjoyed your time with your family in Orange County.

All is well, thank you for asking. I am leaving Friday for OC and looking forward to my visit.

• Like 1