Allure Balcony Question

mek

I'm switching my booking from Oasis to Allure.  Are any OV balconies  truly obstructed, or simply looking over a lifeboats on what appears to be deck 5 on the deck plan. I might take a guarantee if looking at a lifeboat on the deck below is the worst thing I could get.

Just now, mek said:

I might take a guarantee if looking at a lifeboat on the deck below is the worst thing I could get.

Make sure it’s an XB GTY, not a generic one as that may get you a neighborhood balcony - no obstructions on OV ones. 

8 minutes ago, mek said:

I'm switching my booking from Oasis to Allure.  Are any OV balconies  truly obstructed, or simply looking over a lifeboats on what appears to be deck 5 on the deck plan. I might take a guarantee if looking at a lifeboat on the deck below is the worst thing I could get.

There are no obstructed oceanview balconies on any Oasis class ship.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Make sure it’s an XB GTY, not a generic one as that may get you a neighborhood balcony - no obstructions on OV ones. 

Checked and is an XB.  Just want to make sure there isn't sometime I wouldn't be happy with.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are no obstructed oceanview balconies on any Oasis class ship.

Thanks - can get an XB or a 4D with an assignment - price only slightly more for the 4D.  I've changed this booking several times this is it - it either happens or it doesn't.

Edited by mek

1 minute ago, mek said:

will probably go with the XB - I might get really lucky!  LOL

If there are good 4D cabins left you might consider that.  While there are better categories, like the "C" with the large balconies you could slso get a connecting cabin in a category that is sold out so no opportunity to change cabins. 

Tough call, I guess it would depend on price difference and what's still available in the 4D

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If there are good 4D cabins left you might consider that.  While there are better categories, like the "C" with the large balconies you could slso get a connecting cabin in a category that is sold out so no opportunity to change cabins. 

Tough call, I guess it would depend on price difference and what's still available in the 4D

So you are saying if I get assigned a connecting cabin and don't like it I can't throw it back into the pool and try again?

Edited by mek

1 minute ago, mek said:

So you are saying if I get assigned a connecting cabin and don't like it I can't throw it back into the pool and try again?

No, if you are assigned a cabin and there are others available to switch to you can do that.

I haven't had any personal experience of being asked to be put back in use "pool".  My gut feeling is you would probably be assigned the same room if in fact it was allowed. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, if you are assigned a cabin and there are others available to switch to you can do that.

I haven't had any personal experience of being asked to be put back in use "pool".  My gut feeling is you would probably be assigned the same room if in fact it was allowed. 

The price difference between the XB and the 4D is less than $40 pp. - I checked availability on 4D's and it looks like there are quite a few available right now.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wasn't sure if switching is still allowed - I have done that in the past and been able to get much better locations.

1 hour ago, mek said:

I wasn't sure if switching is still allowed - I have done that in the past and been able to get much better locations.

The problem is that assignments have come so late you don’t have much time or inventory to move to. 

So I went ahead and rescheduled with the XB guarantee OV balcony.  My TA told me the original $50 OBC would not transfer over to this sailing even though it is being offered, but for new bookings only.  Does that sound right?  Not that big of a deal, but it does seem to me that it should be transferable.

This is the last time I will reschedule this cruise, which was originally booked in November, 2019.  Final payment is mid July and hopefully by then I will have a much better idea of what the protocols will be for fall, although I fully realize anything and everything is possible with Covid.

Keeping fingers crossed that things will be better by next October, but will be prepared if I'm not OK with the requirements, (specifically the pre cruise testing), I will simply say I gave it my best shot and wave good-by to my deposit.

Edited by mek