Upgrade Advantage Bid All At Once?

itsrocky94

Hey everyone! I have searched endlessly for the answer to this question, but cannot find it anywhere! Everything I have found is indeed informative, but up until where my question comes into play. I reached out to NCL twice about this question alone, but they told me they had only limited knowledge when it came to the Upgrade Advantage program as it was handled by the revenue management department.

I currently have a balcony stateroom. I got the upgrade advantage email and out of the 6 cabins available to bid on, there are 3 cabins I'd like to bid on, but this is the conundrum I am having!.. Out of the 3 cabins, there is one that I'd really, really like to have, over the other 2. I know that they say "each bid is independent, but only one will be accepted", so I ask the question, should I bid for the cabin I'd really like to upgrade to, and then wait to see if it's accepted or not before putting a bid in for the other 2?

If you place a bid on a stateroom and it is denied, are you able to put in a new bid for that same stateroom, or are you able to put in a bid for a different stateroom? Customer support said, "I'd like to imagine you would be able to re-bid, as well as bid on other cabins after a bid has been denied."

(This is my first NCL cruise and it's last minute, so I had no idea about NCL's Upgrade Advantage program and I booked a cabin that I like, if I am unable to get a bid accepted.)

Thank you all for any help, guidance and/or tips you may have for me! It is well appreciated! Stay happy, stay healthy and most importantly.. stay smiling 🙂

Edited by itsrocky94

There is no way to know when or in what order bids will be processed.  Chances of you getting a denial early on are slim to none.  That's just not how it's usually done. So no, don't count on being able to re-bid.

It depends on the cabin you have, what you are bidding on, how many others are bidding, how many cabins are available - and of course your bid.

The upgrade advantage program is managed through a 3rd party so calling NCL won't get you any answers.

My recommendation to you is bid a little higher on the cabin type that you would most like to get and a little less on the 2 that you would be ok with getting.  

Only bid on something you would want to stay in, because once your bid is accepted and your credit card is processed, you cannot change your mind.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Socalev said:

I just read about new option NCL is introducing to allow real time rebidding.  Gives you the option to up your bid. Sorry, I can’t link to the post. 

Yes but it’s not available for all sailings.  I have no idea the process they’re using to roll it out but most people are still bidding the old way.

WeMy guess is that your cruise won't sailing at anywhere near capacity if you are getting upgrade bids now. So you will be upgraded to a higher category. More money for NCL 

You aren't specific to which cruise you will be on or when so this is just a guess.

As to which cabins to bid, bid for the three you like as you don't know how many available cabins are in each category nor how many other people are also bidding. For the one you really want, I would bid higher if that's you want to do.

Good luck

17 hours ago, itsrocky94 said:

If you place a bid on a stateroom and it is denied, are you able to put in a new bid for that same stateroom, or are you able to put in a bid for a different stateroom? Customer support said, "I'd like to imagine you would be able to re-bid, as well as bid on other cabins after a bid has been denied."

Bids are "denied" 24 hours before cruise and no further bidding is allowed. 

If you are bidding on any suites or Haven rooms, the "denial" will be 24 hours before departure. If you are bidding on a club room, then those can be accepted at any time after you place your bid. With a final "denial" 24 hours before departure. 

Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your offer to upgrade to <room type> for your cruise below.

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Bids are "denied" 24 hours before cruise and no further bidding is allowed. 

If you are bidding on any suites or Haven rooms, the "denial" will be 24 hours before departure. If you are bidding on a club room, then those can be accepted at any time after you place your bid. With a final "denial" 24 hours before departure. 

Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your offer to upgrade to <room type> for your cruise below.

So the game has changed from NCL offering bids 80 days from sailing and final awarding

48 hours from sailing.