Cunard QM2 10th-14th Jan 2022 - advice/thoughts

johnnylikely

3 hours ago, 8611202 said:

Jimbo 1683 - Were you booked on this voyage? And did you have the experience, as I did, of speaking with senior management representing Cunard yesterday in an attempt to discover what was happening? 

You've missed the point.

3 hours ago, 8611202 said:

Jimbo 1683 - Were you booked on this voyage? And did you have the experience, as I did, of speaking with senior management representing Cunard yesterday in an attempt to discover what was happening? 

Which member of 'senior management' was it you spoke to? A call centre supervisor who you were transferred to when you asked to speak to "management"?

2 hours ago, aday10 said:

I did ask about the short cruises in February and my TA believes this will also be cancelled due to operational reasons, which is why he offered the 30th March cruise. 

Booked on the 4 day cruise to Hamburg and return on 11 February, difficult to see this going ahead after the 28 night Eastern Caribbean cruise departing on 14 January given recent issues on QM2 which is such a shame.  

FWIW I called Cunard this morning to ask about transferring my booking to another cruise using the FCC. I got through immediately and spoke to a very friendly and helpful lady. The advice was that the FCC would take about a week to appear on my account and unless I was desperate to book, hold off as otherwise they'd have to take an additional deposit.

• Like 2

From https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/guide-to-booking-online/using-fcc-online#fccuse (summarised below) it would appear not. However, I would try calling them as it doesn't hurt to ask. I think it would hinge on whether you have yet to pay the balance. You might get 100% rather than 125% (i.e. same as if it were a refund, but less hassle).

Booking a voyage: your FCC can be used to book a future voyage (or voyages) with Cunard for you and your guest(s). 

Upgrading an existing booking: if you have a future voyage booked with us already, you can use your FCC to upgrade your booking. For example, put your FCC towards upgrading your Britannia Balcony Stateroom to one of our Queens Grill Suites, or change from an Early Saver Fare to a Cunard Fare.

We  recently tried to move the Queen Mary 2 Caribbean voyage we had booked for 14th Jan on to an existing booking for next September whilst we were on QE in December and they would not allow it, had to be moved to a new booking. We ended up moving it to a voyage that we wont take next December pending the release of new voyages which we were told would be sometime in January, and we will then move it again, otherwise we would have lost our money. This we were informed was our only option to avoid losing our money.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:56 AM, aday10 said:

Very disappointed that this is not going ahead 😞 It is my partners first cruise ever and I would have liked his first to be on the QM2 going to hamburg and back, as it was my very first cruise 14 years ago.

My TA has now booked us on the QE 30th March in a Q3 grade and we also received a small cash refund, so I cant complain! Although I was really looking forward to the QM2 Queens Grill Restaurant as it looks amazing. 

I did ask about the short cruises in February and my TA believes this will also be cancelled due to operational reasons, which is why he offered the 30th March cruise. 

The QM2 is of course a magnificent ship but when it comes down to Queens Grill dining the QE & QV are positively my favourite dining rooms, especially with a window table - so in my opinion - "All Is Not Lost".

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, Victoria2 said:

It's most unfortunate Cunard's left and right hands don't seem to ne in harmony about the very late cancellation, but  extra travel arrangement costs incurred for the cancelled cruise would be met by the pre event  cancelation clause in my travel insurance. At least, I would imagine they would be as I've never had to invoke the clause.

I think I must live in a different world, because a short cruise is, a short cruise! What's the problem in using the word short? I'm no fan of Sally S, in fact I'm  at the back of the fandom queue there but  I would have no issue with her/the announcements, as mentioned here.

I agree, a short cruise is a short cruise but the Cunarders do not like the word 'cruise' they like 'voyage.' lol. The word 'Carnival' is unmentionable on a Cunard ship. Anyone for a G & T ?

th.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1