Anthem for kids?

7 minutes ago, flyingandcruising said:

Trying to decide if we should do anthem out of NJ this March. What is there for kids to do other than AO, Ages 2-6? Can kids use the solarium pool for the first couple days while it’s cold outside?

Pretty sure the Solarium  has always been Adults only regardless of the weather. 

No. The Solarium and Solarium Pools are an Adults Only (16+) venue.

This class of ship is ideal for cold weather sailing, and therefore there is a large covered pool with whirlpool hot tubs for everyone else (aka kids).

Here are a few pics I took of the covered pool…

AEDA7571-BD34-40F2-AA22-DFE5458E6E63.jpeg

A6D1A72A-2865-4213-BA3A-CD77381F83DF.jpeg

519F2945-0B52-43A4-9CE0-CC4DBF1C1B67.jpeg

😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, matt1 said:

No. The Solarium and Solarium Pools are an Adults Only (16+) venue.

This class of ship is ideal for cold weather sailing, and therefore there is a large covered pool with whirlpool hot tubs for everyone else (aka kids).

Here are a few pics I took of the covered pool…

AEDA7571-BD34-40F2-AA22-DFE5458E6E63.jpeg

A6D1A72A-2865-4213-BA3A-CD77381F83DF.jpeg

519F2945-0B52-43A4-9CE0-CC4DBF1C1B67.jpeg

😁

That’s what I mean. I meant the covered pool. Thanks. 

• Like 1

We went out on Anthem on Nov 2019. It was COLD. Even in the covered area it was chilly the first day—but of course the kids didn’t care. That area has the retractable roof, so as soon as it’s warm they’ll open it. Pretty cool. Bumper cars is fun for the older kid, roller skating was pretty slippery but fun to try, the Xbox lounge was pitiful. Coolest thing was iFly. Even my 3 year old did it. I forget if North Star is limited by age, but that was fun, too. When in doubt, there’s always the ice cream machine!

Going out of “New York” was really cool. We spent a couple days pre-cruise exploring the city. 

5 minutes ago, pricear1 said:

We went out on Anthem on Nov 2019. It was COLD. Even in the covered area it was chilly the first day—but of course the kids didn’t care. That area has the retractable roof, so as soon as it’s warm they’ll open it.

I've been on Anthem 4 times (TA, Bermuda, CA/NE, Bahamas) and I don't recall them ever opening the roof.  But I may just not have noticed.

I have seen the solarium roof opened on Grandeur.

16 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I've been on Anthem 4 times (TA, Bermuda, CA/NE, Bahamas) and I don't recall them ever opening the roof.  But I may just not have noticed.

I have seen the solarium roof opened on Grandeur.

Could be wrong—doesn’t happen often, but it’s possible :). Perhaps one too many drinks from the Bionic Bar left me turned around. 

Edited by pricear1
Misquote

2 hours ago, pricear1 said:

We went out on Anthem on Nov 2019. It was COLD. Even in the covered area it was chilly the first day—but of course the kids didn’t care. That area has the retractable roof, so as soon as it’s warm they’ll open it. Pretty cool. Bumper cars is fun for the older kid, roller skating was pretty slippery but fun to try, the Xbox lounge was pitiful. Coolest thing was iFly. Even my 3 year old did it. I forget if North Star is limited by age, but that was fun, too. When in doubt, there’s always the ice cream machine!

Going out of “New York” was really cool. We spent a couple days pre-cruise exploring the city. 

I've been on the Anthem at least 15 times since it's been in Cape Liberty, thru all 4 seasons. Never seen the roof open.