vaccination there is an issue with your record ( hello from Belgium )

Hi everyone, I hope you are ok. Preparing our cruises out of Florida ( Fort Lauderdale and Miami ) for next month

check in went ok but I get the message Vaccination : there is an issue with your vaccination record.

Being from Belgium / Europe our vaccination proof is the EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE
we had our booster shot last week so we are more than fully vaccinated.
first shot was May 17 second shot was Juli 21 and our booster shot was December 15
I have a vaccination certificate for all 3 shots and applied online the 3th one so our booster shot ( because it says shot 3/3 )

We also have booked an antigeentest at our home port airport Brussels Airport before we leave and esta and pasport are updated

what more can we do than hope we can enter for the first time since covid the US.

Before i contact RCI is there anyone who can ease my mind cause we are worried now we will not be allowed onboard.

Thank you for your time to get back to me, have an amazing day.

22 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

Hi everyone, I hope you are ok. Preparing our cruises out of Florida ( Fort Lauderdale and Miami ) for next month

check in went ok but I get the message Vaccination : there is an issue with your vaccination record.

Being from Belgium / Europe our vaccination proof is the EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE
we had our booster shot last week so we are more than fully vaccinated.
first shot was May 17 second shot was Juli 21 and our booster shot was December 15
I have a vaccination certificate for all 3 shots and applied online the 3th one so our booster shot ( because it says shot 3/3 )

We also have booked an antigeentest at our home port airport Brussels Airport before we leave and esta and pasport are updated

what more can we do than hope we can enter for the first time since covid the US.

Before i contact RCI is there anyone who can ease my mind cause we are worried now we will not be allowed onboard.

Thank you for your time to get back to me, have an amazing day.

Hi, I had a similar issue and was asked to resend the vaccination record. It was approved the second time. 'Im vaccinated in the US so I don't know if that makes a difference. I recommend you call them and ask. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yusi5050 said:

Hi, I had a similar issue and was asked to resend the vaccination record. It was approved the second time. 'Im vaccinated in the US so I don't know if that makes a difference. I recommend you call them and ask. 

will do, thank you

I am with EU digital certificate. Since the third dose is not officially required for EU vaccination certificate, the booster certificate can not be verified. Only national health system store the data, no matter the it looks like EU certificate. To cut the long story short, you must submit you certificate with two doses, not the one with third/booster dose. I also have booster, but I submitted two dose certificate and it was accepted

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fvandewouwer said:

Hi everyone, I hope you are ok. Preparing our cruises out of Florida ( Fort Lauderdale and Miami ) 

I am with EU digital certificate. Since the third dose is not officially required for EU vaccination certificate, the booster certificate can not be verified. Only national health system store the data, no matter the it looks like EU certificate. To cut the long story short, you must submit you certificate with two doses, not the one with third/booster dose. I also have booster, but I submitted two dose certificate and it was accepted

9 minutes ago, delyanm said:

THIS is CC at its best.  What a helpful post for EU passengers. 🙂

• Like 1

My booster shot is on my vaccination card along with my two vaccines.  I also think your problem is an upload glitch.  Keep trying.  I advised on another thread to make sure your document fits the upload frame, including all 4 corners of the document. Someone on another thread here on CC had to do it 3 times before it uploaded.

As a back-up, I agree you should call and explain.

Also, you have to show the actual document when you check-in at the port, so they are doing that for everyone, whether or not their uploaded vaccine record was accepted or not.  

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

My booster shot is on my vaccination card along with my two vaccines.  I also think your problem is an upload glitch.  Keep trying.  I advised on another thread to make sure your document fits the upload frame, including all 4 corners of the document. Someone on another thread here on CC had to do it 3 times before it uploaded.

As a back-up, I agree you should call and explain.

Also, you have to show the actual document when you check-in at the port, so they are doing that for everyone, whether or not their uploaded vaccine record was accepted or not.  

If your booster was done less than 15 days ago, best just to report your regular shots since the cruise line doesn’t require a booster, right?   That way you can avoid any potential confusing in their IT systems.   Until they require a booster I would just avoid putting in that one if it was recent.  It is irrelevant.  

20 hours ago, topnole said:

If your booster was done less than 15 days ago, best just to report your regular shots since the cruise line doesn’t require a booster, right?   That way you can avoid any potential confusing in their IT systems.   Until they require a booster I would just avoid putting in that one if it was recent.  It is irrelevant.  

I cannot do this with my vaccination card:  all 3 shots are on the card.  My point is whatever is on the vax card, they will look at it when you get to the dock, so if there is trouble uploading it, then the live check is the back-up.

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

I cannot do this with my vaccination card:  all 3 shots are on the card.  My point is whatever is on the vax card, they will look at it when you get to the dock, so if there is trouble uploading it, then the live check is the back-up.

I was stating that in the sense if they ask you to fill in the last shot date.  By that they mean when you got the shot that leads to being fully vaccinated 15 days later (by their definition).  People with recent boosters were reporting concerns about posting that date versus their last regular two dose shot (or single JJ shot).  Loading the vax card is different than entering any data they may request you to fill in.  Assume they use the card to verify that you entered in the correct dates. 

1 minute ago, topnole said:

I was stating that in the sense if they ask you to fill in the last shot date.  By that they mean when you got the shot that leads to being fully vaccinated 15 days later (by their definition).  People with recent boosters were reporting concerns about posting that date versus their last regular two dose shot (or single JJ shot).  Loading the vax card is different than entering any data they may request you to fill in.  Assume they use the card to verify that you entered in the correct dates. 

They absolutely want the vax card to look at.  It's in the check-in instructions.

Since they allow check-in 30 days in advance, the day-of-sailing questionnaire is to verify and allow for updates.  But, whatever is reported, either through online check-in or at the pier, has to match your documentation.

54 minutes ago, pcur said:

They absolutely want the vax card to look at.  It's in the check-in instructions.

Since they allow check-in 30 days in advance, the day-of-sailing questionnaire is to verify and allow for updates.  But, whatever is reported, either through online check-in or at the pier, has to match your documentation.

Of course.  But what is reported in the questionnaire is what will likely get things kicked back.  That is why I’m saying that for those boosted, it may be better to report that last shot date of the regular cycle.  At this, point they don’t require or care about the booster shot or date.  Only the date to fully vaccinated at this point.  The uploaded vax card will verify that info.  

update : our vaccination record has been accepted ! so the booster shot was not accepted😷

probably because it was not 14 days old ....

problem solved

thank you all for your replies and I wish you amazing holidays wherever you are !

from Belgium

Frieda

Since the booster shot is not required at this time, the date you should be entering is the date of your 2nd shot for those who received 2 doses or the date of your J & J.  It really confuses the system and must be edited.  I work at a port and we go thru this quite often and have to fix the date.  

On 12/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, pcur said:

They check both the vaccine card and the test result before entering the check-in terminal.  I found in my 2 sails since they began sailing that special interest is placed on the test results.