Ordering Covid tests

7 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Everything you said is true.  However you can have more than one person do it at a time.  We had 6 people testing so did it in 2 waves.  3 people in different parts of the house tested at the same time on different devices and then the second set went.  Worked great!

That would be convenient since we have 7 in our next cruise.  I'd asked our proctor for my Thanksgiving morning test that question, though, and got a very definite "No".

16 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Thank you! Do you set up the account when you take the test or can you do it in advance? Thanks again!

Either.  It only takes a few minutes to set up the account.  It makes things go a little faster if you set it up in advance, but you don't need to.

18 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

That would be convenient since we have 7 in our next cruise.  I'd asked our proctor for my Thanksgiving morning test that question, though, and got a very definite "No".

Correct you can't do it with the same proctor back to back.  But if each person has their own device in different parts of the house and called in on their device and did it.  How would they know?  Worked for us and we will be doing it again in February.

Edited by rs45thompson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Is that the NAVICA account?

Yes.  Early on the instructions were to download the Navica app and set up users there.  Then when connecting to emed you were prompted for your Navica credentials.  That was back in September.  When we tested live in November the option to add an account on emed was available.  It could have been there in September but I don't recall seeing it.

Anyway, tomorrow the daughters and boyfriend will be here and I plan to go over all this with them and set up account on emed, bypassing Navica.

7 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Yes.  Early on the instructions were to download the Navica app and set up users there.  Then when connecting to emed you were prompted for your Navica credentials.  That was back in September.  When we tested live in November the option to add an account on emed was available.  It could have been there in September but I don't recall seeing it.

Anyway, tomorrow the daughters and boyfriend will be here and I plan to go over all this with them and set up account on emed, bypassing Navica.

Thank you. I plan to do the same.

24 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Correct you can't do it with the same proctor back to back.  But if each person has their own device in different parts of the house and called in on their device and did it.  How would they know?  Worked for us and we will be doing it again in February.

My bad.  I thought you were somehow all getting the same proctor.  Need more 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Looks like we get a beautiful weekend in The Carolinas.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

So the Navica app isn't really needed?

As best as I can tell, it really isn't necessary unless you want to use it to show your results to someone or use a QR code.  You don't need it to show your results, though, as you receive a PDF copy via email.

Just now, helen haywood said:

LOL.  Our experience with the terminal checkin team is that they have no experience in IT and greatly prefer the printed copy!

Its very easy to cheat this system out. However, I wouldnt advise it. People , take care of your health and the health of others. Get vaccinated and soon we will no longer have these kinds of problems. Hope everyone is doing great  

• Like 1