Checking in tonight, still hoping for an upgrade offer

Ilovesailaway

I'm typically up late so I will probably check in after midnight tonight. Last month I was sent an offer to upgrade on Legend right after I checked in. For my Sunrise cruise in 2 weeks I am solo and in a GTY inside for a great rate. I was assigned a room already and it's in a decent location. Still it would be cool to have the option to upgrade. I wonder if the latest masking policy by Carnival triggered some cancelations ?

Anyway, Christmas shopping is done so now I sit here with random thoughts of my upcoming cruise lol.

1 hour ago, jnicktem said:

is it better to check in as soon as it becomes possible? I wouldn't mind a free upgrade...

It's first come first served for arrival appointment times. I don't believe that checking in asap has any effect on chances for an upgrade offer. I only added that part cause the offer came soon after I checked in last month... I accepted the offer and had to print new luggage tags lol.

17 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I'm on the 26th Mardi Gras sailing and a pile of upgrades have been offered/accepted yesterday and today.

So you have a while to wait for those upgrades.

Nice... yeah no guarantees but last month was the first time I got an upgrade offer. It was to a much better cabin for a very reasonable amount. That cruise was bellow capacity so I was thinking if this next one is as well maybe another offer will be made. Why not try to generate more income by upselling passengers who are already booked.

Edited by Ilovesailaway
typo

20 minutes ago, Tigerjenn said:

Just got an offer for our 12/26 on Liberty.   Did not get an email, but it was listed under to do.  

That's how my offer came. Luckily I checked my to do list in my planner a couple days after I printed everything and the offer was there. Never got an email or a call. I just clicked on it and was given the option to pick from several upgraded rooms for a small increase in cruise fare.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

That's how my offer came. Luckily I checked my to do list in my planner a couple days after I printed everything and the offer was there. Never got an email or a call. I just clicked on it and was given the option to pick from several upgraded rooms for a small increase in cruise fare.

Guess everyone is checking the to do list now,

For those of you that have been getting upgrade options added to your "to do list" Can you tell me the cabin that you originally booked.  I am booked in a balcony.  So, an upgrade would be to a suite.  I can't imagine that would happen.  Does it?  It's a crazy world these days...you never know... What is your experience?

On my sailing people have gotten the following upgrades:

cove balcony to deck 16 balcony

balcony to ocean suite

inside to balcony (don't know what deck)

oceanview to balcony

I few people also had their PVP call them to snap up the aft suites

1 hour ago, my kids mama said:

For those of you that have been getting upgrade options added to your "to do list" Can you tell me the cabin that you originally booked.  I am booked in a balcony.  So, an upgrade would be to a suite.  I can't imagine that would happen.  Does it?  It's a crazy world these days...you never know... What is your experience?

Upsell can come to anyone

1 hour ago, my kids mama said:

I received an email with a reasonable upsell offer today for our 2/13 Glory sailing, 8B to OS. It was also listed in the to do list. I accepted the offer. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Why not try to generate more income by upselling passengers who are already booked.

While that's probably a great strategy for them at the moment, it's probably not the only strategy. I'm not sure how many people are jumping on the last-minute cruises, but why give out all of your upgraded rooms weeks in advance when that could be more sales? I think it would at least make sense to wait until new sales slow to a complete crawl. Then try to sell whatever inventory you have left to existing cruisers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I think it would at least make sense to wait until new sales slow to a complete crawl. Then try to sell whatever inventory you have left to existing cruisers.

Makes sense... My cruise last month was a bit of an anomaly because it had a complete itinerary change a month before departure, many passengers canceled. 

I am checked in. I will keep an eye on my to do list and see if something pops up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Makes sense... My cruise last month was a bit of an anomaly because it had a complete itinerary change a month before departure, many passengers canceled. 

I am checked in. I will keep an eye on my to do list and see if something pops up. 

I think the new restrictions on Carnival caused many people to cancel the Dec 26th Mardi Gras. It had been sold out for weeks.

So just wait and the week before you leave there will probably be some movement.

Now if I was going to try to figure things out. I have a balcony on the 16th deck. I did not get an upgrade. It seemed they moved people from decks 5-6 up to the top decks.

So depending on where your cabin is now might decide whethere you get an upgrade.

I am also convinced they are clearing out entire decks (deck 4/5) just in case there is a huge outbreak.

• Like 1