FCC / Cruise With Confidence Question

Fouremco

In 2020, DW and I were issued FCC's, to be used by December 31, 2021, due to a cancelled Hawaiian cruise. They were successfully applied to a March 2022 Caribbean cruise, which had been Lifted and Shifted from March 2021.

We are currently trying to decide whether or not to cancel the March 2022 cruise. The question I have is whether the original FCC would be reissued, with the "use by" dates per the general CWC policy, to be applied to a booking no later than May 31, 2022 for a sailing no later than March 2023. Or would it be reissued with the original December 31, 2021 date?

I've examined the FCC and CWC policies and Q&A's and can't find anything that addresses this specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

31 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

In 2020, DW and I were issued FCC's, to be used by December 31, 2021, due to a cancelled Hawaiian cruise. They were successfully applied to a March 2022 Caribbean cruise, which had been Lifted and Shifted from March 2021.

We are currently trying to decide whether or not to cancel the March 2022 cruise. The question I have is whether the original FCC would be reissued, with the "use by" dates per the general CWC policy, to be applied to a booking no later than May 31, 2022 for a sailing no later than March 2023. Or would it be reissued with the original December 31, 2021 date?

I've examined the FCC and CWC policies and Q&A's and can't find anything that addresses this specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. 

I would strongly urge you to call Customer service and not reservations.  I read your story twice and each time got a different thought.  Only customer service can answer since it involved something that originated in 2020.

I do not think they would hold you to any 2021 dates but you should wait to see if CWC is extended beyond your March 2022 and then you can see what they say.  Still just call them.

Have a sailing in mind in case they want to move dollars for you.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

I don’t know the answer but  It could be that you get the original FCC reinstated with the original use by dares and another FCC for any money you paid over the amount of the original FCC.  That 2nd FCC should have the apply by  May 2022 sail by   March 2023.  

Let us know what we you find out.

• Like 1

My reservation using a cruise credit (which basically was our deposit) was May 2022 with a cruise no later than Sept 2022. At this point we do not consider this as a credit/gift if we are going to spend above our credit amount just to get tested($) and retested($) etc.

Only way we will be crusing is if they extend the credit to 2023 (if that). Good luck to all.