New Rules as of 12/15

jtwind

From PGCruises site:

As of 12/15/2021 for people over 65 years of age and as of 1/15/2022 for people over 18 years of age who have received their second dose more than six months ago at the time of boarding, a third mRNA dose (Pfizer or Moderna) will be required in order to be able to board (for AstraZeneca, it may be a third AstraZeneca dose). For Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Sinovac the third dose shall be an EMA mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna). The six-month limit does not apply to those less than 18 years of age. 

Another hoop to jump through for our Jan. 29, 2022 sailing.  While I have had a booster, I am in the Moderna trials for a new booster.  As it is experimental and not "approved", I have to go back to the research company to add that I have had a third shot.

As PG Cruises requires a negative RT PCR test within 72 hours prior to boarding and our group of nine will be in Bora Bora for five days prior to boarding, I have spent over 2 weeks trying to find a doctor or clinic to administer a test.  Found one, but he is retiring on Jan. 1.  I know we can take a rapid PCR test at the ILM site in Papeete (only takes 2 hours) but that test is $250 per person.  Sure hope this cruise is worth the hoops we are jumping through to get aboard.  PG Cruises is not really helpful as they just say that the test is needed to board.

I called the PG as well and they told me that they identified a location on Bora Bora where you can obtain the test.  I am in the same situation, but not until June (things will probably change).

These appear to be antigen tests but perhaps they also have the PCR test.

https://fr.calameo.com/read/0034615034dc8a22a371b

FlightMedic555:  PG gave me a doctor's name.  Dr. Azad Roussanaly.  He is the doctor that has retired.  He did recommend another doctor, but he only takes phone calls.  I do not speak French and not sure if the doctors office does either, so am trying to have the resort we are staying on in Bora Bora help me.  Hopefully by June the rules will change.

If you are flying/cruising in the next 6-8 weeks you really need to stay on top of rules/regulations with airlines, islands, ships almost daily, and be prepared to adapt. If you are flying/cruising later in the year, don't be too concerned with rules/regulations at present, because you know they will be changing. Prepare and be ready to adapt as you get closer to your departure.