Test timing sanity check

chiguypaul

2 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Could I independently run this by everyone. My cruise is Sunday. My understanding is that I can start taking the at home test as early as midnight Friday morning. basically at the end of Thursday when Friday starts.   Does this sound right? 

It's two days prior to your sail date. Take the test Friday for a Sunday sail away. 🥂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

It's two days prior to your sail date. Take the test Friday for a Sunday sail away. 🥂

No one ever wants to answer my question directly with a yes or no  🙂 so I take that as 12:05 AM on Friday morning should be fine. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chiguypaul said:

No one ever wants to answer my question directly with a yes or no  🙂 so I take that as 12:05 AM on Friday morning should be fine. 

🧀🍷 

Perfect. No need to stay up or get up that early but...

You can take the test any time of day just not before Friday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Well, this is Cruise Critic. The answers you get here will be a mixture of good answers and wild guesses based on how someone thinks it should work, or what they heard from a friend's neighbor's uncle who cruised 10 months ago. Occasionally, someone will post a link to where you can see for yourself: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

My answer: Yes. You can take it when your local time is sailing date, the day before, or the day before that. I took my last one at 5 AM two days before. I've seen one data point where a person from California was concerned that the test showed UTC and that made it too early, but I challenged that because 1) the eMed test shows in local time as well, and 2) UTC time would have made it later, not earlier.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

When the requirement is in days, it does not matter what time you take it. That is why it is expressed that way instead of 48 hours. In that case, you do have to count backward to ensure you are within the time limit.

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Yes.

I would keep an eye on the time zone if you are not in the Eastern US, especially if your time zone is further east.  

That makes sense and why I do think I could test at 11 PM central time I’m not gonna do that.