For those who have been on the Sirena.

jonthomas

We have only been on the Marina and the Insignia.

Both amazing. 

Insignia was a small, intimate experience. We were treated as if we were on a private yacht. Amazing food, which is probably the most important factor in choosing a cruise line for us. Amazing activities, second most important. 

Staff, treated us very warmly. I am sure that kind of experience can only be had on a small ship.

That brings me back to the Sirena. 

I have noticed that of all the ships, Sirena seems to have better itineraries, which lead me to believe that Oceania is trying to attract passengers to that

ship who otherwise might not book it. 

For those who have been on the Sirena, Marina and Insignia, aside from not having Ginger, are there any other important differences?

Sirena is very much like the Insignia, except that it has Red Ginger and a combination Polo/Toscana. All the small (R category) Oceania ships have a different itinerary and are based in different parts of the world. Something to please everyone. We have sailed all of the Oceania ships and love them all.

34 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

We have only been on the Marina and the Insignia.

Both amazing. 

Insignia was a small, intimate experience. We were treated as if we were on a private yacht. Amazing food, which is probably the most important factor in choosing a cruise line for us. Amazing activities, second most important. 

Staff, treated us very warmly. I am sure that kind of experience can only be had on a small ship.

That brings me back to the Sirena. 

I have noticed that of all the ships, Sirena seems to have better itineraries, which lead me to believe that Oceania is trying to attract passengers to that

ship who otherwise might not book it. 

For those who have been on the Sirena, Marina and Insignia, aside from not having Ginger, are there any other important differences?

Are you not aware that the four “R” (Regatta Class) O ships are basically identical (originally built for Renaissance Cruise Line) except for Sirena’s several select cosmetic differences in the Horizons area and a modification of the specialty restaurants (combining Polo and Toscana as the Tuscan Grill to make way for a Red Ginger). Worth noting is that O spent $40 million bringing a former Princess R ship up to the O standard just a few years ago and still gave it the recent Oceania NEXT interior makeover!

As for itineraries, what’s “better” to you isn’t necessarily better to others. IMO, over an entire calendar year, the most unique itineraries among the Oceania R ships are often found on Nautica. Of course, Insignia has the ATW cruise. But that series of non-repeat segments only covers about six months.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

We’ve also been on all the ships and loved the Sirenia…especially because it is the only R ship with Red Ginger & because when we sailed her there was a French Bistro for lunch in the main dining room most days. We circumnavigated Australia on her when she was the first ship to do that itinerary. 

12 hours ago, HiFi43 said:

We’ve also been on all the ships and loved the Sirenia…especially because it is the only R ship with Red Ginger & because when we sailed her there was a French Bistro for lunch in the main dining room most days. We circumnavigated Australia on her when she was the first ship to do that itinerary. 

The “Jacques Bistro” concept in the Sirena GDR at lunchtime is to round out the “specialty” restaurant lineup (in addition to Tuscan Grill [Toscana/Polo Grill combo] and Red Ginger).

I agree about the fine Sirenia itins. . We were booked on 3B2B Caribbeans recently, all cancelled. Never found out why and I .never got a straight answer from O and my BF was depressed for weeks. Had 2horrible Cellebrity cruises as substitute. 

9 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Yum. Sea bass at Red Ginger.

I actually have that recipe which was on O's web site at some point and I make it frequently. I don't use sea bass because I cannot get it. I use salmon or halibut instead.

• Like 1