Future cruise credit redemption

smeck

5 hours ago, smeck said:

If you cancel a cruise can you book a future cruise using the future cruise credit you just received on the same phone call?

Maybe not directly, but you should be able to put a booking on hold till the FCC is issued. 

• Like 1

I just cancelled a booking an hour ago for sailing in 6 days' time. I plan to use the CWC FCC for the balance payment of another booking to be due on Jan 29. The RCI CS told me that she can't link the "potential" FCC to that booking at this time, nor guarantee that I would be able to receive the FCC in time. She suggests if I still have not received the FCC at that time (Jan 29), I can give her a call and she will try to adjust the final payment due date in anticipation of incoming FCC. For sure I will follow up a week before the due date and ensure that the CS follows up with the FCC department.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:23 PM, smeck said:

If you cancel a cruise can you book a future cruise using the future cruise credit you just received on the same phone call?

When I asked to transfer my cruise to a later date (same itinerary), they took my total payment (fare, gratuity, & travel protection) and moved it over to the new date.  Money spent on drinks and internet will be refunded.

The standard turnaround time for an FCC is 30 days. Once the FCC is created it should be emailed out to you.  Sometimes it just doesn’t get sent out.  So if you don’t have it by the 30 day mark, you can call and get the number and they can redeem it for you on the same call if desired. 

if you are in a time crunch and need the FCC right away to make a final payment on another sailing, ask to have it created while you wait.  They will only do this if you are a day or so out from final.  If someone tells you it can’t be done, hang up and call back. 

30 days is a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time ago. I would anticipate waiting a lot longer than that now with all of the cancelations and "Lift & Shifting" that is currently going on.

I am still waiting for cruise FCC's to be processed from November 09, 2021. I had shifted  a cruise to January 16, 2022 and it is taking forever to process it. They had extended the final payment date 3 times until I finally had to pay the difference the other day as it is less than 3 weeks away. They say that once the FCC's are processed they will be applied to my cruise fare and my C.C. will be refunded the same amount. We shall see.

PS. by the way, my wife is a TA and she calls them directly and it still doesn't make things move any faster.

Stay positive.....:)

On 12/28/2021 at 2:34 PM, GEORGIEGIRL said:

30 days is a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time ago. I would anticipate waiting a lot longer than that now with all of the cancelations and "Lift & Shifting" that is currently going on.

I am still waiting for cruise FCC's to be processed from November 09, 2021. I had shifted  a cruise to January 16, 2022 and it is taking forever to process it. They had extended the final payment date 3 times until I finally had to pay the difference the other day as it is less than 3 weeks away. They say that once the FCC's are processed they will be applied to my cruise fare and my C.C. will be refunded the same amount. We shall see.

PS. by the way, my wife is a TA and she calls them directly and it still doesn't make things move any faster.

Stay positive.....:)

Hi! I cancelled my cruises on Nov 14, 2021 and I ended up calling in yesterday (I am a TA also) and it took about 3 hours to move my FCC up to an agent for processing.  I actually waited on hold about 30 min just to speak with someone, then he needed help from someone else and that took 2.5 hours to complete.  Send my condolences to your wife... being a TA is hard right now.  But now my FCCs are starting to come in and I can start planning my cruise.  Italy requires all passengers to be on cruise line shore excursions so I want to get on this ASAP.

2 hours ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Hi! I cancelled my cruises on Nov 14, 2021 and I ended up calling in yesterday (I am a TA also) and it took about 3 hours to move my FCC up to an agent for processing.  I actually waited on hold about 30 min just to speak with someone, then he needed help from someone else and that took 2.5 hours to complete.  Send my condolences to your wife... being a TA is hard right now.  But now my FCCs are starting to come in and I can start planning my cruise.  Italy requires all passengers to be on cruise line shore excursions so I want to get on this ASAP.

I see you are from BC. My Mom and her family are from that area. I am actually from Toronto and now live in Orlando.

Here's the latest update.

As I mentioned we had a B2B planned and L & S. Well we finally received the FCC for the second weeks cruise and are still witting for the first weeks FCC to be credited. 

The struggle is REAL.🤪

22 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I see you are from BC. My Mom and her family are from that area. I am actually from Toronto and now live in Orlando.

Here's the latest update.

As I mentioned we had a B2B planned and L & S. Well we finally received the FCC for the second weeks cruise and are still witting for the first weeks FCC to be credited. 

The struggle is REAL.🤪

That is EXACTLY my situation.  I have ALMOST enough FCCs to deposit on another cruise, but am still waiting on $1000 more from the other leg of my B2B that I cancelled, after L&S.  My original cruise was booked in July 2019, sailing was supposed to be Dec 2020... I did a L&S in Sept 2020, now sailing Jan 2022, and I cancelled that and now am hoping to sail June 2022.