eMed Covid tests - best time to take? laptop or phone?

rm1247

On 12/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, brillohead said:

I used my passport as my ID, which has my first and middle names.

My Navica account only has my first name.

Nothing was ever said about them "not matching".

Did your email result show your middle name?

23 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Are we able to take the rapid test from CVS for the requirements as of now?

If you mean the ones that CVS does, yes.  If you mean the ones they sell, I don't think so.  Even if it a proctored test other than through Navica, I would call RCCL to be sure and make sure they put it in the notes on your reservation.  However even then I would be nervous until they decide to officially accept other proctored tests.  I love RCCL, but I don't like ther CS.

I've been going to CVS for pre-cruise Covid testing.  I have two cruises this month.

However, I would like to buy the Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test as a back up.

If I order now, what will be expiration date?    The longer the better as I might not need it yet.

Thanks,

Tom

11 minutes ago, CruiseSlacker said:

I've been going to CVS for pre-cruise Covid testing.  I have two cruises this month.

However, I would like to buy the Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test as a back up.

If I order now, what will be expiration date?    The longer the better as I might not need it yet.

Thanks,

Tom

Ones we received last week are late 2022.

23 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

For both DH and me....tested on Wednesday.....middle name had to be on Navica app as that what was shown on our ID. Had to update Navica and call back 15 min later. 

thanks for letting us know just added my middle name after my first name

1 hour ago, CruiseSlacker said:

Ordered a 6 pack from E-med on Dec 28th. Arrived Dec 30th. Expires November 21 2022. 6 pack with shipping was $182.

Edited by RedIguana
actual expiration date in November of 2022

On 12/31/2021 at 6:00 PM, pasta1 said:

Did your email result show your middle name?

All you get via email is a link taking you to the Navica website where you can print your result from your account.  It's not a separate attachment.  

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

All you get via email is a link taking you to the Navica website where you can print your result from your account.  It's not a separate attachment.  

We got an email with an attachment.  I did the test on my laptop and dh used his desktop. You have to input your birthday to open the attachment. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, njkruzer said:

We got an email with an attachment.  I did the test on my laptop and dh used his desktop. You have to input your birthday to open the attachment. 

Mine had no attachment, only a link to the Navica account.  I also used my laptop. 

navica.png

We just took our second test in 11 days today. Used an iPhone with a stand both times. Was connected with a ‘guide’ almost immediately both times.

Only issue with using an iPhone is that the camera flips to the rear camera when scanning your test box, ID, test card QR code, and test results. If you have your phone on a stand away from you, it makes it difficult to hold each item behind the stand.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:48 PM, MrMarc said:

If you mean the ones that CVS does, yes.  If you mean the ones they sell, I don't think so.  Even if it a proctored test other than through Navica, I would call RCCL to be sure and make sure they put it in the notes on your reservation.  However even then I would be nervous until they decide to officially accept other proctored tests.  I love RCCL, but I don't like ther CS.

I mean the ones that you go through the drive-thru and do. The rapid test, not the other.  Is there a reason or concern not to do it this way? Our plans are to schedule them 2 weeks in advance to do 2 days before our Feb 3rd cruise.

Edited by sailor05

13 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

I mean the ones that you go through the drive-thru and do. The rapid test, not the other.  Is there a reason or concern not to do it this way? Our plans are to schedule them 2 weeks in advance to do 2 days before our Feb 3rd cruise.

Our concern was that Walgreens only scheduled 1 week in advance.  Was worried as we had to start our drive that day.

2 hours ago, sailor05 said:

As long as they do it and give you an official record of it, I am not sure if there are specific tests they require.