Onboard booking

trident

On 12/27/2021 at 3:22 PM, Heidi13 said:

Thanks - must admit I am experiencing the same with bookings not made on board. Viking are being less generous lately. I even had to assist my TA with negotiations on one of our bookings, as she was getting nowhere.

“Negotiations on on of our bookings”. Are you saying that Viking is flexible on certain things when booking a cruise? Can you share with me what they are flexible on?

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

“Negotiations on on of our bookings”. Are you saying that Viking is flexible on certain things when booking a cruise? Can you share with me what they are flexible on?

Thanks. 

It depends on the cruise or combination of cruises. I provide a list to our TA and she works her magic. Once once have I had to get involved, as I was within hours of cancelling.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:37 AM, TayanaLorna said:

My Viking agent told me that everything offered on board he could give us within 2 weeks of our return.  That was not true because he could not extend the 6 month final payment deal.  We did not book.

Lorna -

Sadly, Viking has reneged to us as well on not recognizing/offering the "Welcome Home 14 Day" program where you get $200pp shipboard credit on top of the $200pp Explorer's discount if you book within 14 days of disembarkation", as Sqwakman said.  As you heard like us, Sam Corbin, the Cruise Consultant, did in fact tell us these were available up to 14 days after the end of our cruise.  They have before, but for us, they now claimed it could not be done anymore and to show them written proof that it is in existence.  Left a bad taste.  Lesson learned, make the Cruise Consultant put anything they say in writing.

I do think Viking is getting concerned money-wise, as terms are tightening up, the RFG is going away in stages, and discounts are disappearing.  I sort of can't blame them, as after all, this is a business.

• Like 1

This program is definitely in existence and I have it writing. If you really want to see tot, let me know here and I’ll post it. I would have to print it, cross out personal data, then scan - but I will if it helps anyone get the discount.

18 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Lorna -

Sadly, Viking has reneged to us as well on not recognizing/offering the "Welcome Home 14 Day" program where you get $200pp shipboard credit on top of the $200pp Explorer's discount if you book within 14 days of disembarkation", as Sqwakman said.  As you heard like us, Sam Corbin, the Cruise Consultant, did in fact tell us these were available up to 14 days after the end of our cruise.  They have before, but for us, they now claimed it could not be done anymore and to show them written proof that it is in existence.  Left a bad taste.  Lesson learned, make the Cruise Consultant put anything they say in writing.

I do think Viking is getting concerned money-wise, as terms are tightening up, the RFG is going away in stages, and discounts are disappearing.  I sort of can't blame them, as after all, this is a business.

This is strange, as I just received an email from my Viking rep (I use a single guy to book everything I schedule) yesterday outlining the benefits of booking within 2 weeks of a cruise, listing all the benefits you post.  He even called me yesterday to welcome us home, and to reiterate the benefits.  So I have everything in writing as well.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

This is strange, as I just received an email from my Viking rep (I use a single guy to book everything I schedule) yesterday outlining the benefits of booking within 2 weeks of a cruise, listing all the benefits you post.  He even called me yesterday to welcome us home, and to reiterate the benefits.  So I have everything in writing as well.  

Hi Michelle (hopefully you remember me from the 2019/2020 South America Cruise) . . .

Yes, if you could possibly post it or send it to kjstong at charter dot net  .

The Viking guy said it wasn't available and I complained.  I transferred it to my Travel Agent, who contacted Viking and they said I'd have to prove it by showing it in writing.  Unreal!!

Thanks for any help!  And welcome home.  Hope you survived the WashingtonState/Seattle snows!

Kent

18 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Hi Michelle (hopefully you remember me from the 2019/2020 South America Cruise) . . .

Yes, if you could possibly post it or send it to kjstong at charter dot net  .

The Viking guy said it wasn't available and I complained.  I transferred it to my Travel Agent, who contacted Viking and they said I'd have to prove it by showing it in writing.  Unreal!!

Thanks for any help!  And welcome home.  Hope you survived the WashingtonState/Seattle snows!

Kent

Check your email....sent.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:58 PM, CCWineLover said:

Lorna -

Kent, I thought you did book everything on board.  Our Viking agent gave us the shipboard $200 pp but could not give us the final payment extension to 6 months.  The cruise was very costly and we did not want to lend Viking that much so soon.  Our agent even sent us an invoice with cabin number outlining the discounts.