Reports from Carnival Panorama

smellywax

33 minutes ago, TequilaJane said:

Reported cases of COVID-19 have met the threshold for CDC investigation

Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Panorama Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.

It also says it was updated today, but with data from December 23, so not likely reflective of the current cases.  At least that is how I am reading it.

4 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

I was onboard in Oct on a B2B and I thought the staff did a fabulous job. The only problem I saw were RUDE passengers.

You'll find those on ANY sailing, Coronavirus or Norovirus notwithstanding. 

What I am talking about is both cruiselines OFFICIALLY seating passengers within inches of each other....and to add insult to injury in the same mix you have vaccinated AND unvaccinated passengers.

If that is not a recipe for disaster, I do not know what is.

Edited by 1stin71

30 minutes ago, 1stin71 said:

In the buffets, they have tables socially-distanced/spaced.....go to the dining rooms and you have passengers seated not more than 18 inches from the next table...

That close would bother me. On our two cruises this year we ate mostly in the MDR and were never closer than about four feet from anyone else. But we did refuse one table and they smoothly found us acceptable seating.

2 hours ago, smellywax said:

So the Viking ship docked next to us were allowed to go ashore. They arrived before us and have passengers going back and forth. There is a Princess Ship (Carnival Corp) that was coming into port but stopped and anchored and this isn’t a tender port so they may not be getting off either 🤷‍♀️

Viking (at least the Ocean side) tests all of their passengers daily, and has their own onboard lab - which needless to say is much more manageable with less than 1000 passengers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Viking (at least the Ocean side) tests all of their passengers daily, and has their own onboard lab - which needless to say is much more manageable with less than 1000 passengers.

Viking Orion has no covid on the ship (allegedly). Viking Sea and Viking Star both have yellow status.

6 minutes ago, tidecat said:

That’s what I told my husband that they pay enough to cover the cost of daily testing and the ships aren’t as big. Princess is tendering behind us which I didn’t realize at first so it’s just our ship. There has to be a lot more positive employees because I don’t think they would stop us from going ashore with just 5 passengers being positive. I find it a bit funny at this point that the people who were denied Cabo San Lucas two weeks ago were complaining about receiving $50 for the missed port. Perhaps the beards read that and said let’s not give them anything if they are still going to complain, because they have not mentioned any compensation. I just wish they would leave port and open everything 🤷‍♀️. But if we are denied our first port, I’m sure we will be denied all so it will be interesting to see. We are making the most of it though as we prepared for this in case.

4 minutes ago, smellywax said:

That’s what I told my husband that they pay enough to cover the cost of daily testing and the ships aren’t as big. Princess is tendering behind us which I didn’t realize at first so it’s just our ship. There has to be a lot more positive employees because I don’t think they would stop us from going ashore with just 5 passengers being positive. I find it a bit funny at this point that the people who were denied Cabo San Lucas two weeks ago were complaining about receiving $50 for the missed port. Perhaps the beards read that and said let’s not give them anything if they are still going to complain, because they have not mentioned any compensation. I just wish they would leave port and open everything 🤷‍♀️. But if we are denied our first port, I’m sure we will be denied all so it will be interesting to see. We are making the most of it though as we prepared for this in case.

If it is Majestic Princess, they also have no covid reported

37 minutes ago, smellywax said:

There is definitely no social distancing on this sailing. It feels like a regular pre Covid sailing. In the dining rooms and buffet areas people are right next to you. The tables at dinner are close too. I don’t think we should be allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet because kids and people with no manners grab and touch food and even change their minds and put things back. Touching the serving handles by all the passengers is a definite easy way to spread. I’m immune compromised and I am avoiding all food areas that I don’t get directly from the server or am first in line. It’s such a beautiful day here and this was our longest in port day so it is making it harder seeing all the people shopping and walking around the port from the other ships.

I never eat in the buffet, especially now.  😝 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Cayman Islands has decided to cancel the forthcoming visit of Holland America’s Nieuw Statendam cruise ship, which had been scheduled to visit Grand Cayman on December 28, 2021.New health and safety protocols for all guests arriving to the Cayman Islands to have a negative COVID-19 test one day prior to disembarkation.

And it goes on and on.

Edited by BasicSailor

50 minutes ago, smellywax said:

There is definitely no social distancing on this sailing. It feels like a regular pre Covid sailing. In the dining rooms and buffet areas people are right next to you. The tables at dinner are close too. I don’t think we should be allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet because kids and people with no manners grab and touch food and even change their minds and put things back. Touching the serving handles by all the passengers is a definite easy way to spread. I’m immune compromised and I am avoiding all food areas that I don’t get directly from the server or am first in line. It’s such a beautiful day here and this was our longest in port day so it is making it harder seeing all the people shopping and walking around the port from the other ships.

CDC is recommending immunocompromised get 3 primary vaccination doses followed by a 4th booster 6 months after the 3rd primary shot. I’ve had my 3 primary shots of Pfizer and got a Moderna booster last week 12/18/21 in preparation for my Panorama cruise on 12/31/21. Also packed KN95 masks. I’ll be getting on when you get off. Here’s the link to the CDC recommendation for 4 shots for immunocompromised:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html?fbclid=IwAR2LoQY42ROZnGjPxLyy2orcnQWJhwHWaHGIKvjUuRsOXRP2jPs-kJVsmNA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

That might be the case but P.V. is also a tender port. They have a tender platform just in front of the main dock for when they have multiple ships that can't be docked together. 

Viking ocean test their passengers every day.  I know because we were on Viking Ocean that cruised Bermuda last July.  We had to spit in a tube every morning so the daily pcr test could be run.  Prob why they were allowed to go ashore.

20 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Cayman Islands has decided to cancel the forthcoming visit of Holland America’s Nieuw Statendam cruise ship, which had been scheduled to visit Grand Cayman on December 28, 2021.New health and safety protocols for all guests arriving to the Cayman Islands to have a negative COVID-19 test one day prior to disembarkation.

And it goes on and on.

I probably could have predicted that when HAL refused to change the itinerary to make GC the first port stop per the agreement they had.

36 minutes ago, bdever said:

CDC is recommending immunocompromised get 3 primary vaccination doses followed by a 4th booster 6 months after the 3rd primary shot. I’ve had my 3 primary shots of Pfizer and got a Moderna booster last week 12/18/21 in preparation for my Panorama cruise on 12/31/21. Also packed KN95 masks. I’ll be getting on when you get off. Here’s the link to the CDC recommendation for 4 shots for immunocompromised:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html?fbclid=IwAR2LoQY42ROZnGjPxLyy2orcnQWJhwHWaHGIKvjUuRsOXRP2jPs-kJVsmNA

What state are you in? I had also planned getting a Moderna after having 3 Pfizer to mix it up but my rheumatologist hasn’t said anything about a 4th being available yet so I will check. I hope it isn’t the crew numbers that are preventing us going ashore but I can’t imagine 5 pax being enough to stop us. They will debark crew members in Long Beach to a quarantine hotel according to an employee, so hopefully your cruise isn’t affected. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smellywax said:

They will debark crew members in Long Beach to a quarantine hotel according to an employee, so hopefully your cruise isn’t affected. 

Kind of interesting, since I thought Carnival was freezing adding employees to ships, but even if not, new crew would also have to quarantine, no?

46 minutes ago, smellywax said:

What state are you in? I had also planned getting a Moderna after having 3 Pfizer to mix it up but my rheumatologist hasn’t said anything about a 4th being available yet so I will check. I hope it isn’t the crew numbers that are preventing us going ashore but I can’t imagine 5 pax being enough to stop us. They will debark crew members in Long Beach to a quarantine hotel according to an employee, so hopefully your cruise isn’t affected. 

California. My Rheumatologist doesn’t say either way. He tells me how bad my RA factor is off my last lab test, tells me to go easy on the Zeljanz (1 pill every other day) and says not to take Zeljanz for the week before and after all vaccination doses I get. 
You seriously need to check with your Rheumatologist because even the nurse practitioner giving me the booster jab knew about the updated CDC guidelines for the immunocompromised. I happen to find out about it by exploring our President’s state of Delaware Covid portal that clearly highlighted the updated CDC guidelines for 4 shots for immunocompromised. So technically I found out from the state of Delaware and I live in California 😏 Thar is wonderful news about infected crew quarantining in Long Beach this week!!! Thank you 😊 for the silver lining!

• Like 1