Reports from Carnival Panorama

smellywax

56 minutes ago, cyclist_guy1 said:

hi smelly 😁. from your most recent cruise(s) what did you do to stay healthy? was it mostly being good about wearing your mask (everywhere), washing hands a lot, hand sanitizing or did you go even beyond that? i ask because we're leaving sunday on the legend. thanks

Just posted a long reply to this and this crappy website lost it, here’s for a second time because it’s important.

Use N95 Masks, I know they look stupid but you can wear a nice black cloth mask over it.

Dont get into a full elevator, wait for the next one or take the stairs.

Wash your hands and keep them away from your face.

Ship is now at full capacity, 4000 passengers on my last cruise last week, the comedy show was jammed pack so I just left, you can see the same acts on YouTube.

This is all I did on my 3 cruise and didn’t get sick.

Fred

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got to say that of all of the cruises down to Mexico on the pacific side, Panorama is the smoothest sailing ever, many times I thought we were stop but no, it was moving at 20 knows, I don’t know if it’s the size or how it’s built underneath. Stabilizers and all.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I've talked with many crew members who are on 9 month contracts. I could hardly believe it. It just seems so unfair to keep them at sea for that long at a time.

When I was with NCL, crew contracts were 10 months as standard.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

So did the make it off the ship today?

Yes, did they make it off?  I am hopeful, because no one on the ship appears to be on the cruise critic forum right now.  The Panorama is sitting in the Cabo bay right now.  It is the only cruise ship currently in the bay.

Edited by Calnev1

28 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

I got to say that of all of the cruises down to Mexico on the pacific side, Panorama is the smoothest sailing ever, many times I thought we were stop but no, it was moving at 20 knows, I don’t know if it’s the size or how it’s built underneath. Stabilizers and all.

I noticed this too from the cabin balcony and I would go inside and look at the map channel for our speed and we were clipping along at 19.8 knots or better when it appeared we were doing much less.

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Calnev1 said:

Yes, did they make it off?  I am hopeful, because no one on the ship appears to be on the cruise critic forum right now.

Agree, actually a little surprised other ships have not become a topic as well.

Looks like Mexico will be allowing ships to dock, although some passengers may not be able to disembark:

"The Health Department said passengers or crew who show no symptoms will be allowed to come ashore normally, while those with symptoms or a positive virus test will be quarantined or given medical care."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-cruise-ships-coronavirus-cases-dock-81975866

Edited by Luckysll

19 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Looks like the issue may be resolved. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/mexico-says-cruise-ships-with-coronavirus-cases-can-dock/

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government said Wednesday it will allow cruise ships carrying people infected with the coronavirus to dock. 

The announcement came after two Mexican ports refused to allowed passengers ashore because their ships had coronavirus cases. 

The Health Department said passengers or crew who show no symptoms will be allowed to come ashore normally, while those with symptoms or a positive virus test will be quarantined or given medical care. 

The department said a cruise ship that was prevented from docking at one Pacific coast port will be allowed to dock farther north, at the port of Guaymas. That was an apparent reference to a ship that was supposed to dock at Puerto Vallarta a few days ago but was not allowed to do so.   

Early in the pandemic, some cruise ships wandered the seas for weeks seeking a port that would allow them to dock with coronavirus cases aboard.  

Mexico is one of the few countries in the world that has instituted no travel restrictions, no testing requirements and no mandatory face mask wearing for visitors. The government argues such measures would be counterproductive for the economy, for which tourism revenues account for about 8.5% of GDP.

I might be one of the few people glad at this. It seemed strange to me in the first place that they prevented ships from docking when they had little-to-no requirements. This is Mexico, a warm-weathered, largely outdoor, tourism space. Not indoor New York City in the winter. If you're going to stop a cruise because of 1% of people tested positive, you would have to stop the rest of travel too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cyclist_guy1 said:

hi smelly 😁. from your most recent cruise(s) what did you do to stay healthy? was it mostly being good about wearing your mask (everywhere), washing hands a lot, hand sanitizing or did you go even beyond that? i ask because we're leaving sunday on the legend. thanks

N95 masks and we brought Lysol and Lysol wipes to clean the room and each evening I spray the room again. Wash hands often and have sanitizer attached to lanyard and straw. Take lots of vitamin C as well. 

E8486297-5116-419B-B6F2-F5CCCED9A789.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smellywax said:

I have to say though the mood on board seems 50/50. Half are in a daze like look that they are over this trip and want to get off and the rest have made and continue to make the most of it (me included)

Good for you for making the most of it!

Following along. My wife and I are scheduled to sail February 5 in Horizon. We are on the fence at the moment. We are excited because we booked Havana. Seeing how other cruises are going for passengers the next couple of weeks will help determine if end up going or cancelling and re-booking for a later date. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

• Like 1

I did notice that they did not do any full production shows in the main show lounge…just singing on stools or standing and singing or comedy shows. No shows with additional sets and dancing. That was a little disappointing for others in our group. And reports now say there are 69 positive crew with at least 100 isolated because of contact.