Live from Majestic Princess, Dec 29 to Jan 8, 10 Day Sea of Cortez

LACruiser88

Wishing everyone onboard a great cruise. I look forward to following along as DH and I decided today to book a cruise on Majestic in April. I really enjoyed sailing on her in August and can’t wait to sail again. I love the Hollywood Pool and Conservatory area on the ship.

• Like 4

Happy NYE to everyone onboard. Heard it was formal night tonight. Thanks to the person (atobols)onboard that posted The Patters feels as if I’m traveling along with you and my mom. 

Anyone  experience smaller than normal balconies on the ship? My mom‘s husband says their balcony on the Baja deck is extremely small,barely enough room for the two chairs and table. Mind you they have cruised Princess a lot ,but never on this ship. Although my mom says it’s getting a little warmer she says it’s too cold outside for her.

So for those of you on board if you see a redhead with glasses on that’s my mom. Couldn’t be too many redheads on board could there ??

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson
Forgot something
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Anyone  experience smaller than normal balconies on the ship? My mom‘s husband says their balcony on the Baja deck is extremely small,barely enough room for the two chairs and table. Mind you they have cruised Princess a lot ,but never on this ship. 

Royal class ships are known for their tiny balconies. There are bigger balconies, but you have to know about them in order to choose one. Can't rely on memories from "older" ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nocl said:

Any word on what  numbers of passengers are expected for the next 2 to 3 cruises?

Not yet, I'll ask around.  I did hear from a crew member today that there has been a number of cancellations for the next few cruises since the new CDC recommendation.

7 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

As I have posted, we are onboard Jan 8. But, the CDC advisory makes us pause for a moment. Would you recommend boarding as scheduled, based on your sense of the onboard health and safety conditions for guests. 

We're on the January 15.  And we're still going.  We fly from SFO to LAX the day before.  We have appointment for our testing on 13th.   Not sure if we will get off the ship at ports.  But that doesn't matter. We were on the Ruby in November had a great time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Not yet, I'll ask around.  I did hear from a crew member today that there has been a number of cancellations for the next few cruises since the new CDC recommendation.

I was looking at the 15th and 22nd for a B2B. 15th had lots of availability.  Was surprised that the   22nd was showing lots of areas sold out.  

9 minutes ago, nocl said:

I was looking at the 15th and 22nd for a B2B. 15th had lots of availability.  Was surprised that the   22nd was showing lots of areas sold out.  

FYI, By looking at the web booking site, it is not possible to know how much Princess is restricting booking.  Because the 'unavailable' includes the capacity limits.  As well as the Covid quarantine cabins, which are closed off from the general population.  We were on the same deck as the quarantine cabins.  And the hallway dividing doors are closed and locked, forcing us to go on the starboard side around the zone which was on the port side of our deck, on the Ruby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Royal class ships are known for their tiny balconies. There are bigger balconies, but you have to know about them in order to choose one. Can't rely on memories from "older" ships.

Thanks, I think on The Royal and Regal they ( my mom)had an aft balcony.  And because they have not been cruising since I believe November 2019 they forgot probably about the balcony size. Or just had no knowledge since I don’t believe they’ve had a midship balcony room for quite some time. 

Julie

1 hour ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

FYI, By looking at the web booking site, it is not possible to know how much Princess is restricting booking.  Because the 'unavailable' includes the capacity limits.  As well as the Covid quarantine cabins, which are closed off from the general population.  We were on the same deck as the quarantine cabins.  And the hallway dividing doors are closed and locked, forcing us to go on the starboard side around the zone which was on the port side of our deck, on the Ruby.

Yes, but the 15th cruise has  lots of rooms in almost all areas.  22nd showing whole sections sold out, for example all middle decks front balconies to be fully booked for example.  Should not be much difference between those two cruises as far as quarantine areas.  

I expect the quarantine area is still Dolphin deck Starboard forward just as it was on our early December cruise.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nocl said:

Yes, but the 15th cruise has  lots of rooms in almost all areas.  22nd showing whole sections sold out, for example all middle decks front balconies to be fully booked for example.  Should not be much difference between those two cruises as far as quarantine areas.  

I expect the quarantine area is still Dolphin deck Starboard forward just as it was on our early December cruise.

You might want to see if the are groups on that cruise. We were once on a cruise that had SF 49er fans and there were tons all over the ship

13 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Also, will everyone be allowed to freely go ashore today in PVR.

We are in PV and received clearance from the local authorities to go ashore.  So, no problem going off on your own.

Also, we are staying on ships time, which is one hour behind local time.

Local authorities are requiring that you show proof of vaccinations as you leave the ship.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 8:35 AM, LACruiser88 said:

There is one very annoying new addition since our cruise last month.

They have added a motion sensor LED dome light on the ceiling in front of the closet/bathroom door.  It is extremely bright and is very shocking in the middle of the night, when going to the bathroom.

They also added 8 inch long LED motion sensor light at the bottom of the two bed nightstands and the refrigerator cabinet.  Also, the most annoying at night!

We always travel with a roll of black electrical tape to cover uncovered peep holes and annoying lights.  So, I took care of all the sensors!  Our room steward told us her supervisor could cover them or we were welcomed to do it ourselves.

Btw, we are in a mini-suite.

20211230_071415.jpg

20211230_071355.jpg

We were on the Majestic for the Christmas cruise, just before your cruise. Our room steward covered the sensor light in the hall with tape, but if we turned that light on, it wouldn't go off.  Maintenance came up and covered all sensor lights with tape.  Yes, they were very annoying!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are in PV and received clearance from the local authorities to go ashore.  So, no problem going off on your own.

Also, we are staying on ships time, which is one hour behind local time.

Local authorities are requiring that you show proof of vaccinations as you leave the ship.

Did they require the actual card or would they accept electronic such as the California vaccine system.

I would prefer to leave my physical card on the ship, in the safe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nocl said:

Did they require the actual card or would they accept electronic such as the California vaccine system.

I would prefer to leave my physical card on the ship, in the safe.

So, when we disembarked no one asked for our proof of vaccinations.  Kind of what I expected in Mexico!

And, downtown PV was busy, lots of locals and tourists.  Masks were being worn indoors.

• Like 1