Club Continent Suite

harbourside

I usually book mid ship, lower level cabins, but was going to book a Club Continental for first trip on Azamara.

Does this higher level have a lot of ship sway.  Not a great sailor and always take tablets. 

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
corrected name of suite

I wouldn't worry about "sway", but have a look at the cabin sticky at the top of this forum. The CC suites are immediately under a public deck and if you are sensitive to noise from above then some are better than others. If you are sensitive to movement then obviously try to pick one as near as midship as possible. 

Phil

• Like 4

We have always been on Deck 8 including on the edge of a typhoon in the South China seas and the movement was no problem.  Far worse movement experienced on a brand new larger ship this year on a summer night in the Irish Sea

• Like 1

We have been in several different cabins on Deck 8. If belowxwindows you hear a little noise as they set up.for breakfast but it slight and from about 7 15. We have stayed in cc and verandah cabins but always with a balcony and there is none that we wouldn't stay in again. 15 cruises done and 5 more booked. 

• Like 3

I agree with Phil (excited).  Only done one Azamara, in a CC.  It was very spacious, although not wonderfully laid out or furnished.  But it was under the area of the pool deck where barbecues were held, and there was banging and scraping at times when the equipment was moved about.  It didn't really bother us, but it might some.  And yes, they are up higher.  I'm sensitive, but didn't feel anything.

• Like 1

We brought a portable sound machine with us on our recent cruise in a CC suite. My DH is a light sleeper and we knew there might be some noise from above….we were below Windows cafe.  There were predictable times when noises occurred, like at close of cafe in evening and first thing in am but the sound machine did its work and we were happy we brought it.  We would stay in a CC suite again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

We brought a portable sound machine with us on our recent cruise in a CC suite. My DH is a light sleeper and we knew there might be some noise from above….we were below Windows cafe.  There were predictable times when noises occurred, like at close of cafe in evening and first thing in am but the sound machine did its work and we were happy we brought it.  We would stay in a CC suite again.

Yes, I've done that too and it definitely helps. It was a while noise app on my iPad. This was called Sleep Pillow. I know there are lots out there. 

Phil 

• Like 3