I tested positive

16 minutes ago, mrclawyer said:

My family and I were on the Harmony Christmas cruise. I read a post where someone claimed many were not wearing masks and passengers were coughing. Totally false! Mask wearing was strictly enforced and adhered to. The crew did an excellent job to keep the passengers safe and healthy. Covid is highly contagious, despite all reasonable precautions. No cruise line can guarantee a 100% Covid-free cruise… even with most being vaxed. Just use common sense. 

Respectfully, I did say that and that was my experience.  We had a great time but toward the end of the cruise, our waiters started going into quarantine, I noticed a lot of teenagers roaming the halls without masks, and there was coughing. Things like trivia where everyone was unmasked bc they were “drinking” etc were unnerving to me. I went once and never returned.  We had a healthy cruise and are fine - many in the Facebook group are sick.  Are you in that? You can join and see. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vandy said:

Respectfully, I did say that and that was my experience.  We had a great time but toward the end of the cruise, our waiters started going into quarantine, I noticed a lot of teenagers roaming the halls without masks, and there was coughing. Things like trivia where everyone was unmasked bc they were “drinking” etc were unnerving to me. I went once and never returned.  We had a healthy cruise and are fine - many in the Facebook group are sick.  Are you in that? You can join and see. 

You probably should still get tested if you can inless you think you will be staying home away from other people for the next 5 to 7 days.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You probably should still get tested if you can inless you think you will be staying home away from other people for the next 5 to 7 days.

We tested and were negative.  No symptoms, just did it to be sure. 

• Like 1

My experience:  I was at every trivia on Christmas cruise... minus one when I was napping. Sad, but true. 😉 I felt safe.
I, too, didn’t experience people coughing..The trivia hosts made announcements about Covid safety protocols, as did the ship with frequent reminders to everyone. The ice, aqua, headliner shows started with reminders... and throughout the shows if someone took a drink and did not pull their mask back on, there was always a Royal crew member politely reminding them to put their mask back on. I, personally, felt the crew did a great job in that respect. Now... Covid is contagious and people will catch it. I cruise knowing, and accepting, the risk vs reward, as do most on this board. Happy and Safe cruising, everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I believe I heard the cdc said no need to test asymptomatic person that was exposed to a positive tested person.   They have been changing their guidelines the last couple of days.

Strange, I understand if asymptomatic people who were exposed to a covid positive person were allowed to mix,  but I would of thought they would of had to of tested negative first.

I know it's rapidly changing, but when my son had covid last month, his teacher wife was told to go into work but test every day. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tiggercat said:

Yesterday, I tested positive for Covid. I have slight cold symptoms. I am supposed to cruise in 8 days. Will they allow me to go? Chances are, I will still test positive even though I will be past the 5 day quarantine rule. (I hear you can get a positive test result for 90 days) Can I show them the date of my positive test result to be allowed to get on the ship?

So you know you have Covid and you're still trying to go?  

Wow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Go with the rapid antigen test, it is far less capable of finding lingering covid.  As to the pre boarding questioner,, 

This is a horrible advisement.  Absolutely no one should be boarding with lingering Covid.  If you’re testing positive, you’re positive.  

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I’m not a Germaphobe but this is making me slightly nauseous. I have my cruise to no where on the Symphony on 1/29 with 5000 of my closest friends.

I keep telling myself I’m safer on the ship than my state but…

It is horrible how RCI is treating these passengers.

As far as comparing how safe a cruise is compared to being in your state.  I’d say it depends how often and how long you’re exposed to others when you’re at home. 

We are retired so we only go to stores when we need to, we avoid busy times, and we always wear masks.  We don’t eat out at all.  So our risk is minimal at home, even though Covid is surging in our state. 

RCI’s “Healthy Sail Center” policies made us feel comfortable about having upcoming B2B cruises.  Now I see they’re not standing behind their promises.  It is disgusting.

I feel RCI is dooming themselves by not standing behind the policies THEY wrote in order to get people to feel safe cruising during this pandemic

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

Let’s look at Australia…they have very high vaccine rates, yet last week their cases were up 119,111%.

So everyone who lives in Australia, and every one who visited in the last ten years all caught covid on one day?