In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

5 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Ha. That’s another hard pass. I’m busting out of the red zone tomorrow. 

I’d only agree to a free cruise if you could all join me and the wife!  👫

**those aren’t actual pics of us, btw***

So you and wife are not really blonde😂

• Haha 2

I am absolutely overwhelmed by these posts and particularly the ones by "dollyd". Fortunately we had already cancelled our upcoming 12 night Equinox January 9 sailing last week.

I wish everyone who was diagnosed with Covid on this is sailing a healthy and speedy recovery!! 

Welp….I’m zippered-up and ready for tomorrow.  

I’m supposed to keep my bags in the room and “carry them out per CBP” which is not happening. Somebody in a hazmat suit is hauling some of my gear! 

They are bringing continental breakfast between 6:30-7:00am.  

Not sure when we get off the ship, but I’ve heard 9:30 and I’ve heard 10:00. I’m settled on a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. 

I have no idea what this process will be, but I will do my best to let you know. Can’t leave you hanging after all this!

See you in the am!  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Wow!  Thanks for an entertaining Sunday night while in lockdown here in Quebec. 

I want to say that I am so thankful that your symptoms were not worse than then were.  I have no doubt that quarantine on a cruise ship was not fun at all but thank you for your very informative but positive posts.  It really was an eye-opener!  Wishing you the best of luck with your disembarkation tomorrow and your drive home. When you can do it safely, it sound like you and your wife need a BIG hug!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Since you are able to post this, you have streaming wifi.  Check your phone's settings and enable wifi calling.  Then you should be able to make calls.

Hello from the Edge. I have the free wifi (surf) and can read/post on CruiseCritic just fine.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, deejayfore said:

Hello from the Edge. I have the free wifi (surf) and can read/post on CruiseCritic just fine.

When I was on Equinox in August and SeptemberI couldn't.  Had to upgrade.  Maybe Edge is different.

Edit:  When I was quarantined, they automatically upgraded me.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dollyd said:

Finally after two days I am in medical. Just got husbands results back he tested negative however after being quarantined in the cabin with me for two days I’m sure he’s infected now.

2DE2DDC1-3451-4AD9-8E6C-4C961C003342.jpeg

Hope you get better soon and also hope that your husband is not infected.  Don't know if you have two masks on this picture, but if you are only wearing a cloth mask, please try to find a medical grade mask for the next days. Try to find a  KN95 mask or at least a three ply surgical mask.  For everyone reading; if you decide to take a cruise or travel, please, bring different types of masks to your trip, and use accordingly to the "threat level". Safe travels!

Edited by drarill
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Parkerson said:

1. No

2. No (rumor is 100)

3.  No

4. Yes!

25%. Damn….reminds me of school. 🤪

feel really sorry for the crew. Our butler on the Apex back in June 2021 was vaccinated with Sinovac, and this vaccine is not too effective against Omicron 😔 https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-23/three-sinovac-doses-fail-to-protect-against-omicron-study-shows

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Wishing you safe travels and a speedy negative COVID test.  #staysafe 

I’m watching you guys back into berth 29 right now. I was hoping maybe they’d swap you and Apex since Equinox had so many positives to make disembarkation and accessing parked vehicles easier but alas…no. 

6 hours ago, canderson said:

I don't imagine that LLP reads Cruise Critic, but this is one thread that her staff needs to bring to her attention.

And hope that no one from the CDC or media are reading these threads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Such valuable insight by those in quarantine. We can't thank you enough! Supposed to board  the Constellation on the 14th out of Tampa. Will discuss options with our TA today and decide. Wishing all quick recoveries and safe travels home. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Parkerson, bless you for all your info.  Answered a lot of those "What if", questions I didn't even know I had. All the best to you and your wife.

DH and I will probably put the upcoming cruise (1-9-22  Edge) on FCC☹️

There will be other cruises, as lockdown with Covid doesn't sound like the high seas adventure I have in mind.

Hopefully  Celebrity follows social forums because this info spells it out more clearly than the guided surveys they offer.

Gonna try some Monkey Shoulder and think of you.

Cheers, Sunny

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grambler said:

A few days ago,  P&O  made booster mandatory for 35 night Caribbean leaving tomorrow  and Cunard did same thing for their 29 day voyage on Jan 14th. IMHO, it’s just a matter of time before they all add booster if they are following the science, at least I hope so.

Yes P&O did. We are just waiting now to see if they also apply it to the 20th February 40 day caribbean cruise out of Southampton. My husband has had 4 main vaccinations (2 x Novavax and 2 x Pfizer) but cannot get booster until 27th February at the earliest. Boosters are needed at least 7 days before sailing according to P&O.

Parkerson, thank you for the honest info of your time in quarantine. And kudos for being able to stay so positive! My DH and I have been on a few cruises post-Covid and always felt safe, but I believe Omicron has forced us to cancel our Equinox cruise this Jan 09. I hope you, your wife, and all cruisers have safe (and healthy) travels home. 

• Like 2

Mr. P....thank you so much for your Covid diary onboard Equinox. Even though you began it out of boredom, it blossomed into the perfect FAQ for those of us getting ready to pack for upcoming cruises.  I hope you recover quickly and life returns to normal soon. Best wishes to you and your wife, and the other quarantined passengers. 

I appreciate your humor through it all! Like someone else said "Best Thread Ever"!  Bon voyage!

• Like 4

So I got home from medical at about 1030 last night and received all the appropriate tests as well as medication for my chest congestion, my cough and my urinary track infection.image.thumb.jpg.71f13d8c11f89b219531210dfb0a3b04.jpg front desk called to find out what arrangements we had made to quarantine me in Fort Lauderdale. We were completely in the dark about having to do that so luckily for them we have our car here at the cruise port and we’re driving to our house in Orlando. The biggest obstacle is to get us from the ship to our car which now is at a completely different terminal, without infecting anybody. Once again I think everybody for the encouragement and support throughout these last three days of what was otherwise an amazing celebrity cruise vacation.  My biggest worry now is I’m hoping and praying that my husband‘s not infected. As soon as we get home and will be able to safely social distance until I receive a negative Covid test. But I’m afraid yes he hasn’t been infected over the last 2 1/2 days isolated in a cabin with me…then to drive home in a small car both of us double masked may not be enough. To all my Fellow cruisecritics and especially to Parkerson thank you for being my communication support and lifeline during this crisis.

Edited by dollyd
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1