LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

It’s testing morning. I woke up at like 4am to the wind literally sweeping down the plains… here in Oklahoma. Thought about starting the day, then rolled over. Went back to sleep until the alarm went off. Gotta have negative tests today. It’s too cold here for this beach girl. 
Negative vibes to all my fellow cruisers testing today! 

033AF4F3-B127-433B-BDAE-AB2E283D5B60.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Open drive thru… they’ve cleared the way for my test. I was sure once I pulled around I’d see the red carpet rolled out as well… no such luck. 
I also received this nice text from Nuvo Suites. Don’t think I recall any other hotel ever texting me personally like this before. That’s the red carpet treatment I like. 😆

A7E42006-D458-4C70-8A8C-EAEAEDBB3192.jpeg

9CFE916E-3DB8-4F2F-B73C-EF238276A943.jpeg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Has your scale been calibrated?

I ran into that issue the other day.  My scale said 48.5ish, scale at Long Beach Southwest said 52.5 (I think theirs might have been off since I've never had this issue before). Luckily they let me go with 51 lbs. since they had already cancelled our flights and we couldn't get home until the next day.   

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

I ran into that issue the other day.  My scale said 48.5ish, scale at Long Beach Southwest said 52.5 (I think theirs might have been off since I've never had this issue before). Luckily they let me go with 51 lbs. since they had already cancelled our flights and we couldn't get home until the next day.   

Oh my! That makes me nervous! 

Nose swab went easy. She didn’t even watch me. I could have spit on it or barely inserted it, but I followed the rules, scouts honor. 5 big circles, each nostril, half inch deep. 
Post-testing, I ran into Target. And there it was… a sign that cruising will happen soon. A liquid IV display for the world to see. Hold on Cheers! package, I’m coming! 
Last thing on my personal to do list is a pre-cruise pedicure. And here I am. My mask on. Moving on from Christmas red and silver to cruising hot pink glitter and island punch. 

0A586C6F-447E-4FB2-9CFC-CA879F2D8759.jpeg

AB8A4F4A-C2E9-4618-9551-25F1E512D17A.jpeg

• Like 4

It use to just be the single digit dance for countdown to cruising, then it was the I’m a ship dance (usually the Wobble)… thanks to Covid, we’ve now added the negative test dance… mine is usually to reggae in my car but today for the Twelfth Night, it’s to New Orleans Funk and/or Mystikal. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Woo Hoo on Negative!!  What is Liquid 4 display?  TIA!

Liquid IV is a hydration recovery powder. You add it to a bottle of water and it makes it equal to 3 or 4 bottles of water. Helps you bounce back from strong physical activity, dehydration and hangovers. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Checked in… is there a Cantina Laredo at DFW? *Asking for a margarita loving friend 😉

Yeah but that was terminal D when I flew Sun Country to Cancun. In terminal E where spirit is I use the TGI Fridays bar.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Checked in… is there a Cantina Laredo at DFW? *Asking for a margarita loving friend 😉

Wait there's also a mexican bar right when you come through security. Quick to my archives!

Blue Mesa Taco and Tequila bar. Just to the left when you come out of security.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah but that was terminal D when I flew Sun Country to Cancun. In terminal E where spirit is I use the TGI Fridays bar.

There must be 2 because when we flew American through Terminal B we ate there.

• Like 1