Carnival Cruise Not Answering Calls - Bahama

yiulun

Customer service call wait times have been ridiculous lately. We called the other day, waitrd on hold for over 2 1/2 hours and then got disconnected.

I have heard if you call first thing in the morning that you have an easier time getting through.

Guest BasicSailor

Wait times are crazy with all the cancelations going on. Entertain yourself with TV with your phone close at hand to answer when they pickup.

I cannot get thru I have called 6 times. WTH is going on at Carnival???? Anyone have any magic way to tell them to call me?? Never had problems like this ever before. All I want is to ask to have both our cabins near each other. And one other small question. Appreciate the upgrade but could of put us on same floor!!! Both rooms have same last names!!! This kind of customer service makes me wonder what it will be like on ship!!

Don’t forget that staff could be impacted by COVID, reducing the number of call center representatives.  Everyone is trying to do the same thing, no different than trying to get tested these days.  Long lines, pack your patience.

Same concerns being reported for RCCL and other lines.

Edited by Mr305

14 minutes ago, Big Mama K said:

I cannot get thru I have called 6 times. WTH is going on at Carnival???? Anyone have any magic way to tell them to call me?? Never had problems like this ever before. All I want is to ask to have both our cabins near each other. And one other small question. Appreciate the upgrade but could of put us on same floor!!! Both rooms have same last names!!! This kind of customer service makes me wonder what it will be like on ship!!

WTH is going on, THOUSANDS of others calling to cancel, move, change things. Things aren’t “ normal” right now.

• Like 1

Carnival says they are scrambling to hire and train folks for their Call Center.  They recognize there is a problem, and are attempting to fix it.  Still, that doesn't really help for those who have time-sensitive needs and can't reach anybody.

From my old business marketing class:  More business is not good business if you can't handle their business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Number one reason to get a PVP. You can always get hold of them and they will take care of any questions or issues you have. Call or text them, you'll get a prompt response.

My PVP still hasn't called me back (called last week) and I ended up handling the situation myself. with multiple calls with 3+ hours on hold. 

Positive update....

I think Carnival is outsourcing phone calls. My wife called this morning and spoke with a lovely British woman after only 5 minutes on hold. She was able to transfer our deposit to a different cruise with no issues. 

Edited by bowlinmoe
  • Like 1

I was able to get through without any hold this morning, but I timed it so I was literally pressing the number on the menu to get transferred at like 9:00:02am.

That being said, I was removing a guest (going from 2 to solo) and they still wanted to collect more money on a sailing that is eligible for full refund. They eventually waived that so I'm just paying the original fares, but you'd think they'd be grateful for anyone they can keep booked over the next 60 days.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Carnival says they are scrambling to hire and train folks for their Call Center.  They recognize there is a problem, and are attempting to fix it.  Still, that doesn't really help for those who have time-sensitive needs and can't reach anybody.

From my old business marketing class:  More business is not good business if you can't handle their business.

They'd probably be better served by creating a user enabled system portal that customers can use to make their own changes, or at least requests, that can be looked at in order and dealt with. An automated system could lighten the load significantly for queries that already have policy parameters and they can be adjusted as well. Calling seems so archaic these days with so much technology at our finger tips.     

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2