On board silhouette 4 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Couldn’t you just grab a napkin to wrap around the scoop’s handle?

back when the buffer was self-serve I generally used a napkin thusly when using the common spoon or fork.

Yea, I don't get why they don't have the touch less controls either?? 

Also makes it more of a pain if you have a plate of food. 

Maybe if people mention it in surveys they will.  A new drink machine can't cost that much. 

We were booked for this Jan 4 cruise (6 of us) and at the last minute decided to cancel.....Canadian gov't directive and also the flights, required testing, etc. just seemed too much to take the risk.

We are heart-broken not to be there, but we all feel we have made the right decision. 

I have been following this message board and am so glad that the cruise has gone well....thanks for all of the updates.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We were in Barbados on the Silhouette a month ago. I don’t know the answer to your question but if it turns out to be no, I wanted to mention that we booked the Celebrity “excursion” to Harbour Lights and had a very enjoyable morning at the beach.  Umbrella and two loungers included.  (Same beach along Carlisle Bay as the Boatyard if I’m not mistaken.) 

Thank you...thats our plan B...we just were hoping to spend a longer time at the beach, as the excursion is only a few hours in length.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

back when the buffer was self-serve I generally used a napkin thusly when using the common spoon or fork.

I always do this . I have seen far too many people lick fingers and pick teeth

• Like 1

17 hours ago, luvsun22 said:

Do you know the current policy for getting off the ship in Antigua? It is listed as a location where the vaccinated could tour on their own, but someone on Facebook say you cannot tour on your own. 

According to info presented on the port talk you can tour on your own. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dansu said:

Do you know if when you are in Barbados, does Celebrity consider the shuttle/taxi to the Boatyard an approved tour provider since it takes you directly to the Boatyard and then they shuttle you directly back to the port?

We went to the Boatyard on our Nov 28 Equinox sailing. No issues.  The Boatyard was very strict about masking when in the bar area.  Same was true of the shuttle/taxi service. No mask required on the beach.  Plenty of space between chairs.

Edited by 81Zoomie

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

We went to the Boatyard on our Nov 28 Equinox sailing. No issues.  The Boatyard was very strict about masking when in the bar area.  Same was true of the shuttle/taxi service. No mask required on the beach.  Plenty of space between chairs.

Thank you

On 1/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, jelayne said:

The rooms for close contacts is different from what others are reporting from other ships.  On those ship a close contact is tested and if negative are quarantined in their cabin for 24 hrs and not moved.  They are retested after 24 hrs and if negative are free to go back to their activities.  If positive on the 2nd test they are moved to a isolation cabin.

Or the Edge.

3 hours ago, Oville said:

Or the Edge.

I would expect the procedures to be different between the M class the S class and the E class because the configurations of the corridors and their access is different.  On silhouette, there is no passenger access to the two hallways on deck three.  I was told that one of them was used for a crew and one was used for passengers. I was also told that some passengers have been relocated to some rooms on deck six.

I have friends currently on equinox and their original deck six rooms were changed pre-cruise to free up rooms on that deck to use as quarantine rooms.

it wouldn’t surprise me if it is completely different on a class ships

18 hours ago, dansu said:

Do you know if when you are in Barbados, does Celebrity consider the shuttle/taxi to the Boatyard an approved tour provider since it takes you directly to the Boatyard and then they shuttle you directly back to the port?

We were at the Boatyard on Friday (on a different ship) and a couple had got the taxi from the Reflection to Boatyard with no issues. We had to stick to “government taxis” and it was still covered 

I’ll reply to some questions since I’m on this Jan. 4 cruise 

masks are required in the gym and all indoor venues unless eating and drinking

you need to wear mask in buffet while getting your food

some not wearing mask at shows and not drinking.

No social distancing in theater but it’s really empty and no one sitting near you.  We avoid getting on elevator with other people but not an issue since most are understanding.  An empty elevator usually there in a minute 

No live orchestra except for one night.  Some pieces were missing but still good.  This is day 7 and possibility that some orchestra will be back

Entertainment has been excellent.  However, comedian was not our cup of tea.  House band, The Cardinals, is great and our favorite.  We have probably done a dozen Celebrity cruises in last five years and Cardinals are top on our list,

Basic internet package fine for emails , WhatsApp, web browsing .  No FaceTime or U Tube unless spend $$$$for streaming

Edited by garyg2000
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, cruisestitch said:

I guess you could and I guess I could use surgical gloves but since the scoop handle was often touching the ice,  I chose to stay clear.   Another pet peeves of mine is they serve the salad for you and even mix up a Cesar behind the counter.   If you want dressing on the other salad they just have all the jugs set out.   Maybe I am just being too cautious but I also don't touch the street crossing buttons.  

Update—-Breaking News from Cruise Director

Cardinals done——one of the guys was with drummer who tested positive 

Orchestra done——drummer tested positive 

No house band or Orchestra 

Cruise director doing a great job bringing in last minute replacements 

There are still some live music on the ship

• Thanks 2