Labadee - current status?

Sosai X

18 hours ago, melbur said:

Our Jan 15th sailing changed out Labadee and San Juan for an extra sea day and St Thomas. 

That notice was sent weeks ago though. Labadee is definitely a no go.

This is exactly what they did with our cruise back in November.  

Excursions in Labadee are still available to book. I keep getting constant email reminders to Royal Up our cabin, but no updates about Labadee for our sailing in 3 weeks. Can't help but think Royal is not being very transparent to put it nicely as I can.

Edited by coaster

An email from Royal stating Labadee will not happen would go along way. Add that we are looking for alternative ports at this point. We will keep you informed as things are changing rapidly. Too much to ask? Silence on Royal's part is not the right direction to still list this port on upcoming sailings a few weeks away.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

I believe that Labadee will not be ready as a port call for some time. Between Covid and the unstable political situation, I doubt that Royal will subject their passengers to possible harm. Cruise passengers would be a nice target for gangs...the wire fence would not be able to hold them back.

Nobody is even speculating that Labadee port calls will happen anytime soon. Our 1/29 sailing was not bookable for the past week. Thought maybe because Labadee was still on the itinerary and  they were updating the ports. Sailing available online  today again with Labadee still showing. Royal needs to be upfront and honest that Labadee is not a port they are going to on cruises a few weeks from now.

Edited by coaster

At this point with multiple ports not allowing ships to dock at any given time I am sure they are taking the itineraries day to day. Labadee probably won't reopen for years given the political climate, covid and natural disasters there.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

A strange thing I noticed today on the RCCL website, is that it shows my April 9th Mariner o/t Seas sailing going to Labadee on day three and Nassau on day 5.  But when I go into the pay final payment section, it shows the itinerary has eliminated Labadee and replaced it with Cozumel on day 3 and Nassau on day 5.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:58 PM, toad455 said:

and the locals have taken over Labadee. It's going to be awhile before RCCL is able to reopen it.

When I read this I can't help but imagine locals lining up for the roller coaster and the zip line.  

Does anyone know if there is surveillance showing what is actually happening in the Labadee area?