Emerald L312 cabin - right next to the pool area

alanstarr

I was just "upgraded" from a category BF (R238) balcony to BC (L312). I didn't ask for it, and haven't even been notified yet, I just noticed it today in my Personalizer.

I'm concerned about being directly next to the pool area, and any noise that might come through. Especially if I want to relax on the balcony, I don't want to hear music playing all day long. Anyone know if this is an issue? 

(Oh, this is for the Jan 18th Panama Canal sailing on the Emerald Princess.)

princess emerald L312.jpg

Not that I know anything for certain but I suspect besides the noise from MUTS, I recall that "The Mix" is the outdoor smoking area. If so it might present a problem on your balcony at times. 

I might be wrong about the smoking but as I remember we always used the other side of the ship to get to the elevators because of it. 

• Like 1

We had a cabin once in a similar position but one or two cabins forward. The only noise we heard was when there was an event, such as the sailaway party, out on Lido. That we heard plenty well!

Looking at the positions of your original cabin and the replacement, I wouldn't consider this an upgrade even though Princess does.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Not that I know anything for certain but I suspect besides the noise from MUTS, I recall that "The Mix" is the outdoor smoking area. If so it might present a problem on your balcony at times. 

I might be wrong about the smoking but as I remember we always used the other side of the ship to get to the elevators because of it. 

Usually the smoking area is one deck up on Sun by the Tradewinds bar port side.

• Like 1

I would try to change. Your cabin is directly next to the automatic doors. They open & close all day & evening. I can imagine that since the door uses an adjacent wall to the cabin that you probably will hear something every time it is in use. It is also in the pathway for people coming & going to the forward elevators. 

MUTS is not directly adjacent, it's one pool away. Also the smoking area is not next to Mix, it's one deck up.

• Like 1

We have stayed in these forward cabins several times and all in all really like them. Less foot traffic in the corridors and even the forward elevators are less used. lido cabins give easy access to the pool and buffet. There was no noise problems, but you will feel more ship motion. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. Sounds like it might not be awful. But at the same time it seems like there's minimal advantage to keeping the room. Maybe I'll see if they can slide me down the corridor a bit, it looks like L251 is open, as are a dozen BC rooms on deck 14. Better safe than sorry! 

• Like 1