Covid Test Kit Shipping Cost?

27 minutes ago, megr1125 said:

I got mine direct from Optum and it's free shipping.

And it's also free from Royal. You can find that out on the website.

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

(That link came from Royal's site)

To be clear, Royal isn't selling any COVID kits. They just have a link on their site to Optum, as you observed about the link you post.

Optum's price includes shipping, yes.

• Like 2

3 pack from Optum site was $19.99 shipping to Alaska. I think the free ship is contiguous US. Mine shipped USPS so not exactly expedited. Was mailed on Monday  to me but still out for delivery as of today, Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, elleluv said:

Placed an order for a 6 pack from eMed last week - shipping was $38.36 for FedEx next day air.    I'm not sure if the price has gone up for everyone, or if it's dependent on location.

Mine was $38 and change from eMed on Thursday for the six pack. Also still  haven't received a shipping notification so they are experiencing delays.

I just ordered a couple days ago from Emed. Shipping was 2 nights  Fed Ex for $40. No other option. However the 6 pack of tests from Emed comes out to $25 per test with shipping it was about $31 per test. Optum shipping was free but the 2 packs and 3 packs of tests the tests are $33 each. So really the shipping on Emed comes out to be a similar price per box. We received our tests yesterday, 2 days after ordering. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

6-pack from eMed costs $23.06 for Fedex next day air standard shipping, the only method offered.

1 hour ago, elleluv said:

Placed an order for a 6 pack from eMed last week - shipping was $38.36 for FedEx next day air.    I'm not sure if the price has gone up for everyone, or if it's dependent on location.

1 hour ago, nessachelle said:

Mine was $38 and change from eMed on Thursday for the six pack. Also still  haven't received a shipping notification so they are experiencing delays.

E-med shipping seems to vary depending on where it is coming from/going. My last batch was $32 shipping ($182 total, ordered dec 28, rcvd dec 30 th, shipped from Kentucky). Batch  ordered last Sept was $29 shipping.

I have two questions about these tests:

1. Does the price include having someone monitor the test, or is that an extra fee?

2. Do you need to make an appointment before taking the test, or do they always have someone available to monitor the test whenever you want to take it?

This seems like a better option than running around Miami the day before the cruise trying to find a drug store with open test slots. 

9 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

1. Does the price include having someone monitor the test, or is that an extra fee?

2. Do you need to make an appointment before taking the test, or do they always have someone available to monitor the test whenever you want to take it?

This seems like a better option than running around Miami the day before the cruise trying to find a drug store with open test slots. 

The price includes proctored monitoring. 

You can not make an appt. You create an account with Navica using their app   

When you're ready to take the test you log in via the App. Proctors are available although sometimes there may be a wait to connect to one. 

Navica App

• Like 2

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The price includes proctored monitoring. 

You can not make an appt. You create an account with Navica using their app   

When you're ready to take the test you log in via the App. Proctors are available although sometimes there may be a wait to connect to one. 

Navica App

Sounds great, thank you. Placed my order now.

Purchased six pack through eMed. Shipping via Fedex Standard Overnight was $20.18

I had to take a questionaire to see if I qualified to purchase the tests. It asked for the names and birth dates of three people even though I purchased the six pack. I hope this isn't a problem later since I wasn't asked for all six names.

When I placed my order it said this: "Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional." I'm guessing this is a perfunctory step and it will be approved?"

The final confirmation says: "Do not open the box when it arrives!

When your kit arrives, return to eMed.com to activate your kit. You will be connected to an eMed Certified Guide to guide you through the testing process. Opening your kit invalidates your results."

This is a little scary. I am ordering now but the cruise is in February. Hopefully they are referring to the individual blue boxes and not the Fedex box. I would think I need to activate the kit in February and not as soon as it arrives. 

11 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Purchased six pack through eMed. Shipping via Fedex Standard Overnight was $20.18

I had to take a questionaire to see if I qualified to purchase the tests. It asked for the names and birth dates of three people even though I purchased the six pack. I hope this isn't a problem later since I wasn't asked for all six names.

When I placed my order it said this: "Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional." I'm guessing this is a perfunctory step and it will be approved?"

The final confirmation says: "Do not open the box when it arrives!

When your kit arrives, return to eMed.com to activate your kit. You will be connected to an eMed Certified Guide to guide you through the testing process. Opening your kit invalidates your results."

This is a little scary. I am ordering now but the cruise is in February. Hopefully they are referring to the individual blue boxes and not the Fedex box. I would think I need to activate the kit in February and not as soon as it arrives. 

You're good......the tests are not assigned to an individual name and the proctor only needs to see you open the actual test kit box. As for the prescription....they handle that inhouse. 

If you haven't watch a video on taking the test....this one is good 

Using a COVID-19 HOME TEST to Board Our Cruise!

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

You've got your answer on this already, but to put it in context. Basically, the same Abbott test but without the monitoring sells for 2 for $20 at Walmart (previously 2 for $14). So what you buy through Optum or eMed includes the monitoring pre-paid, and that's most of the cost.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Everyone has done a great job answering the rest of your post.   

It isn't a problem if you can't list all the names - each adult does need to have their own Navica account, however.    You can set those up anytime before you take the tests.

Do you plan to use this 6 pack for 6 different people?    If that's the case, I would actually purchase a couple of extra tests...   

I have known people who have had problems with their first test - one that had a test the proctor deemed unusable because the sticker "appeared to be tampered" - one that had an "inconclusive result" the first time - and one who got a positive result and had to take a second test (unfortunately also positive).

They do have a two pack from Optum - if you are planning to use this for 6 people it really would be a good idea to have those as a back-up.

4 hours ago, SG65CB said:

All of this information is available on the eMed website 

1 hour ago, elleluv said:

Do you plan to use this 6 pack for 6 different people?    If that's the case, I would actually purchase a couple of extra tests...   

Yes 6 people. Thanks for the advice, it would not be fun to have a problem and be short one test. I'm ordering the two pack from Optum. 

3 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Yes 6 people. Thanks for the advice, it would not be fun to have a problem and be short one test. I'm ordering the two pack from Optum. 

Definitely better safe than sorry - the people that I've known that have had issues with the test kit have been able to get a replacement test shipped to them, but that doesn't help when you need to test to board a ship in two days!

• Like 1

I ordered 6 tests from EMed for our upcoming cruises.  The shipping was $38 also and arrived in two days with an expiration date of 12/2/22 on each test.   

I opened the cardboard box and the seal tape on one of the tests had stuck to the side of the box when it was packed. It is obvious that whomever packed it was aware as they pulled the tape and it ripped a layer of the cardboard which is stuck to the seal tape so the test is not sealed. I took pictures of the box and the test. You could clearly see where the portion of the shipping box was ripped away and see it stuck to the tape. I'm concerned because they specifically state not to open the test prior to having the proctor available and don't want to be overseas and find out I can't use it.    I sent them a contact message from the support section of their website 3 days ago but haven't heard from them yet.  I will give them a few more days and then try calling them.  I'm glad that I checked them right away and didn't put them away until I needed them. 

• Like 2