Questions for recent Brilliance cruisers

red919

We've booked a Brilliance cruise out of Tampa in February, our first since Covid struck, and hoping recent cruisers would share their experiences.  The Radiance class ships are my favorite, especially the Brilliance and although I know she is a bit older, she still has a place in my heart.  Love her more traditional cruising aspect especially the location of the Diamond Lounge with it's own wonderful views...hoping it is still open. The revolving bar nearby was also a favorite although I think that is long gone...sigh.

We'll have a sunset balcony which will make it all the more special.  And as we will be spending a lot of time on the balcony and in our room, wondering how the wifi is and also if cabin tv is on-demand and if there are free movies.  Not that cabin tv has meant that much in the past but in these uncertain times, we're unsure what entertainment will be provided around the ship so might have to rely on this more than ever...

Also wondering about specialty dining, and if Chef's Table is still up to par.  It looks like it's offered on our cruise but worry about social distancing as my memory is the room is on the smaller side, with everyone sharing the same table.

Of course things can and probably will change between now and when we sail but any input from recent Brilliance cruisers would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Edited by red919
spelling

Was on the Brilliance in Dec. Lounge open. Staff serves you just like in Windjammer. Specialty dinning still a go. Can not say anything about Chefs table. Wifi was good, no idea about movies. Good crowd, small thank God and everyone followed the rules.

Hope this helps a little

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Was on the Brilliance in Dec. Lounge open. Staff serves you just like in Windjammer. Specialty dinning still a go. Can not say anything about Chefs table. Wifi was good, no idea about movies. Good crowd, small thank God and everyone followed the rules.

Hope this helps a little

Yes, it definitely does.  Thanks so much!

5 hours ago, red919 said:

Love her more traditional cruising aspect especially the location of the Diamond Lounge with it's own wonderful views...hoping it is still open. The revolving bar nearby was also a favorite although I think that is long gone...sigh.

I remember that bar! 😃

It was so cool to take a seat and all of a sudden find yourself going in a circle.  On/off button controlled by the bartender as I recall... and revolved slowly letting you take in a 360 view as you enjoyed your cocktail.

It's the little things, ya know...

Wonder if it still exists on Brilliance or any other Radiance class ship?

• Like 1

Just off Brilliance today and the bar was definitely rotating when we were there.  I don't believe the TV was on demand, but we really didn't watch much to be honest.  The guest wifi worked ok for the app most of the time with a few lock ups.  We didn't buy internet so I can't speak to that.  The only specialty dining we did was lunch at the Sushi place and then the Sushi/Sake pairing event.  Both were excellent.

We love the smaller ships and had a great time for our first experience with Royal.  The entertainment staff was top notch, service excellent, and I really didn't mind wearing a mask.  On our last day the captain announced that some crew tested positive and they would be notifying close contacts (not us thankfully!) but the only one I noticed missing was one of the regular performers in the Centrum.

• Thanks 1

I was on Brilliance on their first revenue cruise in December.  I did a live thread on that cruise, but on post #65, I detail my experience with Chef's Table.  Depending on when you last did Chef's table, it might be the same menu.  It appears, i've had mostly the same menu since 2017, but its always been delicious.

Also note post #117 where i did a speed test of its surf and stream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Revolving bar is still there. Once the group that was up in the club at night figured it spun someone was always yelling for it to go around. 

Hooray!...this makes me so happy.  Thanks!

18 hours ago, JennKach said:

Just off Brilliance today and the bar was definitely rotating when we were there.  I don't believe the TV was on demand, but we really didn't watch much to be honest.  The guest wifi worked ok for the app most of the time with a few lock ups.  We didn't buy internet so I can't speak to that.  The only specialty dining we did was lunch at the Sushi place and then the Sushi/Sake pairing event.  Both were excellent.

We love the smaller ships and had a great time for our first experience with Royal.  The entertainment staff was top notch, service excellent, and I really didn't mind wearing a mask.  On our last day the captain announced that some crew tested positive and they would be notifying close contacts (not us thankfully!) but the only one I noticed missing was one of the regular performers in the Centrum.

Thanks so much for this great info, and you read my mind...was considering the Sushi/Saki event and now it's a definite.  Thanks again!

17 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I was on Brilliance on their first revenue cruise in December.  I did a live thread on that cruise, but on post #65, I detail my experience with Chef's Table.  Depending on when you last did Chef's table, it might be the same menu.  It appears, i've had mostly the same menu since 2017, but its always been delicious.

Also note post #117 where i did a speed test of its surf and stream.

😃This is awesome! 👍

Don't know how I missed your thread before but thanks so much for posting.  Always enjoy a "live from" thread and yours is extra nice as it's chock full of such great information.  Thanks especially for the wonderful photos of Chef's Table.  I'm now more excited than ever.  Thanks again! 😊