Cruising from and to Canada, what is the testing policy?

CATTOCRUISERS

1 hour ago, shirley valentine said:

Looks like Holland America and Princess just announced changes in news today . My final payment date now 60 days not 90 before cruise. So it’s Feb 26 payment for Alaska April 27 cruise . I’m hanging in there 🙏👍

I couldn’t find Princess new changes. Final payment still remains 90 days 

13 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I couldn’t find Princess new changes. Final payment still remains 90 days 

Sorry I’m not the greatest at knowing how to attach links . Let me try to figure it out .

But after reading the article , I logged into my Holland Account and it is indeed changed there to 60 days . 

9 minutes ago, shirley valentine said:

https://apple.news/ANAuTo3ttP3upKrrqjrb_OA
here’s one source 

There is another one stating Princess doing the same . 

Thanks. That’s good news for Holland guests. Give you an extra 30 days to think about it. Be nice if Princess does the same. What I’m concern about is the travel restrictions for Alaska cruise. I can accept a Antigen Test prior to boarding however, when we come back to Vancouver what will the requirements be. Stay tune I guess. We just booked an Alaska cruise to eliminate some of the travel restrictions. 

• Like 1

Following this as well since I'd really like to do an Alaska cruise this summer, however not optimistic this will be resolved quickly.  For those of you not in Canada currently, we are currently in a lockdown such that more than half the country's population cannot go to a restaurant even due to no in-door dining and here in Ontario schools just went back this week.  NHL teams are playing in empty areas, etc.  I suspect cruising is the last thing on the governments mind despite our wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dolfan1980 said:

Following this as well since I'd really like to do an Alaska cruise this summer, however not optimistic this will be resolved quickly.  For those of you not in Canada currently, we are currently in a lockdown such that more than half the country's population cannot go to a restaurant even due to no in-door dining and here in Ontario schools just went back this week.  NHL teams are playing in empty areas, etc.  I suspect cruising is the last thing on the governments mind despite our wishes.

Looks like Ford is set to make an announcement re:restaurants at least, 50% capacity for indoor dining starting January 31st. See what else he says I guess. I'm in BC so our restaurants are fully open, we have capacity limits on events only. Schools went back to indoor person with only a one week delay on January 10th and apparently our cases are dropping according to the PHO so guess we shall see....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

Looks like Ford is set to make an announcement re:restaurants at least, 50% capacity for indoor dining starting January 31st. See what else he says I guess. I'm in BC so our restaurants are fully open, we have capacity limits on events only. Schools went back to indoor person with only a one week delay on January 10th and apparently our cases are dropping according to the PHO so guess we shall see....

For sure, I'm out your way for the mining conference in two weeks for work, when I was out in the fall it felt like being in the US you were so open compared to us even then.

Pre-entry tests may not be an issue by the spring... latest from the travel.gc.ca website:

Who needs a pre-entry test

• All travellers 5 years of age or older
  • You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 15 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 11 and 180 days ago).

The way Omicron is spreading, having positive test within 6 months of your cruise is a good bet! 

8 hours ago, dawnvip said:

Pre-entry tests may not be an issue by the spring... latest from the travel.gc.ca website:

• You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 15 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 11 and 180 days ago).

The way Omicron is spreading, having positive test within 6 months of your cruise is a good bet! 

The problem is getting acceptable proof of your positive test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

The problem is getting acceptable proof of your positive test.

Expedited shipping, Switch Health RT-LAMP tests.  Pricy, but worth it for six months of no return testing if you’ve got multiple trips planned.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, shirley valentine said:

Looks like Holland America and Princess just announced changes in news today . My final payment date now 60 days not 90 before cruise. So it’s Feb 26 payment for Alaska April 27 cruise . I’m hanging in there 🙏👍

Well done, Princess and HAL.

After much deliberation, we have cancelled our Apr 23 Celebrity sailing to Honolulu (FP tomorrow).   It seems to be more important to Celebrity to keep to their unreasonable FP date of 90 days out, in these uncertain times, than give their loyalists a break and keep a cabin filled.  Since we had planned 10 days after the cruise in Honolulu and Lihue, it was too much of a worry about the scenario if we tested positive when flying to Lihue.  .

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:54 AM, dawnvip said:

My mom and I are here in Germany and testing is easy, free and everywhere. Our cruise is April 26 from Vancouver and I actually mentioned to my mom yesterday we should just get tested as much as possible just to get that positive receiptMy mom and I are here in Germany and testing is easy, free and everywhere. Our cruise is April 26 from Vancouver and I actually mentioned to my mom yesterday we should just get tested as much as possible just to get that positive receipt

12 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Well done, Princess and HAL.

After much deliberation, we have cancelled our Apr 23 Celebrity sailing to Honolulu (FP tomorrow).   It seems to be more important to Celebrity to keep to their unreasonable FP date of 90 days out, in these uncertain times, than give their loyalists a break and keep a cabin filled.  Since we had planned 10 days after the cruise in Honolulu and Lihue, it was too much of a worry about the scenario if we tested positive when flying to Lihue.  .

Several months ago, Celebrity reduced FP to 60 days for all cruises sailing by April 1, while HAL and Princess continued to use the 90 day FP. With the Omicron wave now having peaked, according to the medical experts, I imagine that Celebrity believes that there is no need to extend the 60-day FP beyond the original end of March termination. My question is why did Princess and HAL leave it so late to adopt the 60-day FP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mousefan73 said:

What do they count as a recovered receipt ? A PCR test? Abs a certain level?

Here are the details on what type of proof you must provide and the types of tests that are accepted:

Providing proof of your result

When you arrive at the border, you must present an accepted negative molecular test result (paper or electronic proof) or proof of a previous positive molecular test result taken between 15 and 180 days (starting January 15, 2022, between 11 and 180 days ago) that includes:

• traveller name and date of birth
  • name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
  • the date on which the test was taken
  • the type of test taken
  • the test result

Keep proof of your test results with you for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada.

Accepted types of molecular tests

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
  • Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)

These tests use methods such as a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab, nose swab, or saliva sample.

• Rapid antigen tests aren't accepted.
Other acceptable types of tests
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
  • RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
  • Ct (cycle threshold)
  • CRISPR
  • Sequencing
  • Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
  • Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
  • Detection of the N gene
  • Detection of Orf1a/b
  • Detection of the S gene
  • Detection of the E gene
  • Detection of the RdRp gene
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Several months ago, Celebrity reduced FP to 60 days for all cruises sailing by April 1, while HAL and Princess continued to use the 90 day FP. With the Omicron wave now having peaked, according to the medical experts, I imagine that Celebrity believes that there is no need to extend the 60-day FP beyond the original end of March termination. My question is why did Princess and HAL leave it so late to adopt the 60-day FP.

Sailings 6 to 24 days (including World Cruise Segments)
Final Payment is due 90 days prior to departure

https://www.princess.com/plan/standard-cancellation-refund-policy/

24 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Sailings 6 to 24 days (including World Cruise Segments)
Final Payment is due 90 days prior to departure

https://www.princess.com/plan/standard-cancellation-refund-policy/

Thank you! I was going by the comments of a previous poster, but after reading your post and doing a bit of research, I see that Princess has not introduced a 60-day FPD. 

Thank for details on what test results CA will accept. I know I am writing this in a forum for CA folks returning home, but as I mentioned above, lurking as German residents hoping to sail from YVR in April. My game plan changed a bit, my original thought on the current Omicron situation was I am going to live my life as a boosted person and only test if I feel really like crap to avoid quarantine here. 

I have now decided to test as many times possible here as  screening. Here we have many official testing places, antigen. All free and super convienent. Once positive you can get the referral for a PCR test. I figure if Omicron is making its wave, I might as well get a PCR reccovered statement, that maybe can help me when traveling to CA and sailing. I figure if positive and hopefully/ maybe asymptomatic, I might as well get something out of it. Worth the 5 day quarantie here knowing I can travel easier later. 

11 minutes ago, mousefan73 said:

Thank for details on what test results CA will accept. I know I am writing this in a forum for CA folks returning home, but as I mentioned above, lurking as German residents hoping to sail from YVR in April. My game plan changed a bit, my original thought on the current Omicron situation was I am going to live my life as a boosted person and only test if I feel really like crap to avoid quarantine here. 

I have now decided to test as many times possible here as  screening. Here we have many official testing places, antigen. All free and super convienent. Once positive you can get the referral for a PCR test. I figure if Omicron is making its wave, I might as well get a PCR reccovered statement, that maybe can help me when traveling to CA and sailing. I figure if positive and hopefully/ maybe asymptomatic, I might as well get something out of it. Worth the 5 day quarantie here knowing I can travel easier later. 

Just bear in mind that most cruise lines will not accept proof of recovery from a past infection to board. You will still need to provide a negative antigen test result taken within two days of boarding.

Following. 
we are currently booked on a cruise out of Galveston USA on RCCL in March but I’m looking to cancel and book something closer to home. Alaska out of Vancouver orbHawaii. Apparently the April Hawaii cruise is not currently taking anymore bookings for now RCCL rep says reason unknown. Maybe because they don’t know the answer yet on the testing. I can however book aAlaska in the summer